Linus is wrong - again

5 hours ago, nexus6 said:

I don't.

I expect a professional to know his subject though.

Bear in mind, some of us pay for his service.

So you don't expect him to know everything but because he does this for a living, you expect him to know everything... Okay. We are all human beings. Doesn't matter what our profession is, we're ought to get something wrong even if it's within our expertise. That's why bugs in programs exist, why some planes crash, the list goes on.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Clickbait in the title is wrong and yet that's exactly what I saw.

6 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

So you don't expect him to know everything but because he does this for a living, you expect him to know everything... Okay. We are all human beings. Doesn't matter what our profession is, we're ought to get something wrong even if it's within our expertise. That's why bugs in programs exist, why some planes crash, the list goes on.

Well done. For using common sense unlike half of the people in this thread.

I'll let @nicklmg deal with this.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Check out the new moto Z.

That phone looks really awesome! 

Also the mods are beautifully crafted, easy to use and some of it can extend your battery life. 

Yeah saw that, particularly like the JBL speaker set up you can attach to it, looks insane.

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-mods/jbl-soundboost-speaker

Acer Liquid Z220 also has a speaker/earpiece combo

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I can see where he is coming from. This is something simple to figure out and something viewers expect someone of his stature to get correct. Seems LTT videos are 90% trying to make the video look good and 10% content/the rest.

Everyone is flying to his rescue because second to Gaben, Linus is their god.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

17 hours ago, nexus6 said:

I don't.

you pay to watch his (and other youtubers') videos a week early, you dont pay for him to be an all-knowing god of reviewing.

besides, there's a MASSIVE amount of phones out there, it's very easy to miss one.

40 minutes ago, manikyath said:

you pay to watch his (and other youtubers') videos a week early, you dont pay for him to be an all-knowing god of reviewing.

besides, there's a MASSIVE amount of phones out there, it's very easy to miss one.

Actually, if you had read the thread you'd have found out the N6 isn't the only phone.

The entire Motorola Moto line up has the feature, as does the Sony Z3 and 5 series, and as mentioned above the Acer Liquid Z220.  Presumably this is but to name a few.

Just now, nexus6 said:

Actually, if you had read the thread you'd have found out the N6 isn't the only phone.

The entire Motorola Moto line up has the feature, as does the Sony Z3 and 5 series, and as mentioned above the Acer Liquid Z220.  Presumably this is but to name a few.

my point is no one's perfect, and if you expect someone to know everything about all phones, you shouldnt watch a phone reviewer that cant even hold half of them properly :P

besides, i've read the thread, and i'm seemingly not the only one thats saying your attitude towards the problem is less than appropriate. this guy makes more than one video per day, and does plenty other things beyond that. he just does not have the time to go trough every phone ever made to check for a minor feature.

poking the hornets nest there OP

Details separate people.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

my point is no one's perfect, and if you expect someone to know everything about all phones, you shouldnt watch a phone reviewer that cant even hold half of them properly :P

besides, i've read the thread, and i'm seemingly not the only one thats saying your attitude towards the problem is less than appropriate. this guy makes more than one video per day, and does plenty other things beyond that. he just does not have the time to go trough every phone ever made to check for a minor feature.

IMO it isn't a minor feature.  He's effectively saying buy HTC cos they came up with this.  They didn't.

The irony of it is they have covered Motorola's products with the same technology...

1 minute ago, nexus6 said:

IMO it isn't a minor feature.  He's effectively saying buy HTC cos they came up with this.  They didn't.

The irony of it is they have covered Motorola's products with the same technology...

i couldnt tell you what he's saying in the video because i dont have vessel, but i can tell you with great certainty they didnt disassemble a nexus 6 to steal their concept.

maybe the reason he explicitly noticed it on the HTC is because the HTC implemented it really well, instead of it just being a budget cut to use the same speaker for both. (which is the case in A LOT of phones, since the dawn of times.)

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i couldnt tell you what he's saying in the video because i dont have vessel, but i can tell you with great certainty they didnt disassemble a nexus 6 to steal their concept.

maybe the reason he explicitly noticed it on the HTC is because the HTC implemented it really well, instead of it just being a budget cut to use the same speaker for both. (which is the case in A LOT of phones, since the dawn of times.)

He uses the exact words - "I cannot believe no one else has thought of this".

8 minutes ago, nexus6 said:

which... if you think about it when being an arrogant twat may mean that he's giving HTC credit for everything.

but if you read it as it is defined within the english language, it means he really likes the implementation of HTC, and is surprised he never encountered it before, and he "doesnt believe" this is the first one to do that, "there must be other phones out there that do this".

i guess i'll see next week, maybe i'm wrong, maybe you're just another one of those people who come in to rant at linus, for then to never to be seen again. i'm gonna close with a generic piece of advice:

if you insist you can do better, prove it.

23 minutes ago, nexus6 said:

And I'm using the exact words "I cannot believe you're still talking about this".

Talk to @Slick if you have any issues regarding to Linus or how Linus Media Group operates.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 hours ago, manikyath said:

which... if you think about it when being an arrogant twat may mean that he's giving HTC credit for everything.

but if you read it as it is defined within the english language, it means he really likes the implementation of HTC, and is surprised he never encountered it before, and he "doesnt believe" this is the first one to do that, "there must be other phones out there that do this".

i guess i'll see next week, maybe i'm wrong, maybe you're just another one of those people who come in to rant at linus, for then to never to be seen again. i'm gonna close with a generic piece of advice:

if you insist you can do better, prove it.

Honestly don't know where to begin with this, but calling someone an "arrogant twat" with nothing to back it up other than, I guess, some bizarre unwavering love for, and allegiance to, Linus, is pretty low.

You can dig as deep as you want into the Oxford English Dictionary, ultimately the facts are Linus has reviewed phones before with this technology, to claim he's never seen it before, which incidentally is what "I can't believe no one has thought of this before" means, promotes HTC incorrectly to millions of people.

On 7/21/2016 at 9:31 AM, nexus6 said:

Linus' latest video - for those of you registered with Vessel - https://www.vessel.com/videos/ZEff8J6Dm?tab=comments

Linus exclaims- "I can't believe no one has thought about this before" - in reference to the HTC 10 combining the earpiece with a front facing speaker.

The Google Nexus 6 did this, and also provided an identical speaker at the opposite end of the phone to provide true stereo.  This phone was released November 2014 and IMO a greatly underestimated phone, probably due to its large size.

Needed that off my chest.

Has Linus ever reviewed the Nexus 6? Because I dont think he has reviewed any of the Nexus Devices. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Has Linus ever reviewed the Nexus 6? Because I dont think he has reviewed any of the Nexus Devices. 

No. He reviewed the Nexus 6. It was not a positive review to say the least.

Oh dear god, he forgot something! It's not like he hasn't reviewed an assload of phones or anything...

And I honestly can't take this post seriously, since you kissed the ass of the Nexus 6, and your name is nexus6, which (to me) indicates that you are a fanboy on a new level.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

No. He reviewed the Nexus 6. It was not a positive review to say the least.

Must have skipped that video. Who knows, maybe it wasnt a notable spec at the time. Or maybe he forgot about that spec when doing the HTC review. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 22/07/2016 at 8:29 PM, KuJoe said:

I doubt Linus remembers what he had for breakfast last week let alone ancient phones from 2014. :D

If you actually read the thread before jumping into bed with Linus, you'd have realised there have been quite a few phones released since then with the same technology.  Quite a few of which Linus has reviewed.

12 minutes ago, nexus6 said:

If you actually read the thread before jumping into bed with Linus, you'd have realised there have been quite a few phones released since then with the same technology.  Quite a few of which Linus has reviewed.

How many this month?

-KuJoe

On 7/22/2016 at 7:41 AM, ttam said:

Everyone is flying to his rescue because second to Gaben, Linus is their god.

^So much of this..Why are we still arguing about this anyway?

On 7/21/2016 at 9:35 AM, nexus6 said:

I don't.

If you're not satisfied with his "service" then stop paying for it. Plain and simple

I'm sure he'd say the same thing. It's not even a service really, he's going to make these videos whether you watch them or not. It's not like you're paying for him to make them specifically for you

33 minutes ago, nexus6 said:

Dude just give up already, no one cares....... But i maybe do...... Maybe..... But anyways it doesn't matter about the whole Linus is wrong thing, People make mistakes and it proves that we are human.

Current PC: "For Now Because I Have A Habit"

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700K @4.5Ghz

Motherboard: Asrock Z170 Extreme4

RAM: 16GB G.skill TridentZ 3200Mhz DDR4

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 Riing RGB Edition 

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition MSI

Case: Limited Edition Thermaltake View 31 Riing RGB

Power Supply: CoolerMaster V750 Fully Modular

SSD: Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB

HDD: 3TB Toshiba 7200RPM

Peripherals:

Monitor: AOC U2868PQU 4K 28" 60HZ