Linus is wrong - again

2 hours ago, KuJoe said:

How many this month?

The problem is Linus isn't the one creating the content anymore. He just reads the scripts that other people write for him.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

4 hours ago, ttam said:

The problem is Linus isn't the one creating the content anymore. He just reads the scripts that other people write for him.

How is that a problem? As a business owner that's an ideal situation.

EDIT: After thinking about this more from a viewers point of view I think I see what you're saying, the people writing the scripts don't have the same knowledge/experiences as Linus so in cases like this they may not have known about the older phones Linus reviewed with these features. In which case Linus wasn't wrong like the OP suggests but either way I'm fairly certain his comment was geared towards current flagship phones and not older phones. Got it. :)

EDIT2: Wow, I must come across as a "Linus-can-do-no-wrong" kinda person, I'm sure he's wrong plenty of times but calling him out every time in this kind of manner isn't the best way to point it out. Using a title like "Correction in video XYZ" is a lot more positive and less abrasive than "Linus is wrong". ;)

-KuJoe

5 minutes ago, mrbuz said:

LIEnus

That was unnecessary. 

I sincerely hope you didn't create you account just for that post. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

LIEnus

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

That was unnecessary. 

srry but im bored

Didn't Htc do this a long time ago with the m7?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

9 hours ago, KuJoe said:

How is that a problem? As a business owner that's an ideal situation.

EDIT: After thinking about this more from a viewers point of view I think I see what you're saying, the people writing the scripts don't have the same knowledge/experiences as Linus so in cases like this they may not have known about the older phones Linus reviewed with these features. In which case Linus wasn't wrong like the OP suggests but either way I'm fairly certain his comment was geared towards current flagship phones and not older phones. Got it. :)

EDIT2: Wow, I must come across as a "Linus-can-do-no-wrong" kinda person, I'm sure he's wrong plenty of times but calling him out every time in this kind of manner isn't the best way to point it out. Using a title like "Correction in video XYZ" is a lot more positive and less abrasive than "Linus is wrong". ;)

As a tech business owner myself if I had everyone do everything for me, how would I ever learn about the issue?

Watching LTT videos you can clearly see the lack of tech knowledge from all the employees except Luke. For me and why I haven't watched a LTT video in nearly a year is there is a clear disconnect between Linus/whoever and the content they are making. It's become a large commercial instead of a video to get to know a product or they are releasing a video of an item weeks behind everyone else and the video is 33% of what the other reviewers have put out.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

49 minutes ago, ttam said:

As a tech business owner myself if I had everyone do everything for me, how would I ever learn about the issue?

Watching LTT videos you can clearly see the lack of tech knowledge from all the employees except Luke. For me and why I haven't watched a LTT video in nearly a year is there is a clear disconnect between Linus/whoever and the content they are making. It's become a large commercial instead of a video to get to know a product or they are releasing a video of an item weeks behind everyone else and the video is 33% of what the other reviewers have put out.

I watch LTT videos purely for the entertainment value, but then again I'm probably not their target audience. :)

-KuJoe

On 7/26/2016 at 3:18 PM, 13CA350 said:

If you're not satisfied with his "service" then stop paying for it. Plain and simple

I'm sure he'd say the same thing. It's not even a service really, he's going to make these videos whether you watch them or not. It's not like you're paying for him to make them specifically for you

I have stopped paying for it.

On 7/27/2016 at 6:37 AM, ttam said:

As is mentioned a couple of times in this thread not only are the product placement slots slowly growing in size, but the focus on lighting and camerawork is overshadowing quality content.  Once you get past the "Love for Linus" folks I genuinely think this thread has a purpose.  Maybe this is why it hasn't been removed.

Anyway, there is no doubting Linus's tech savvy-ness, with most hardware anyway, and what you say is true, one expects Linus, or any small business owner, to have a very hands on approach.

In his defense, and I do think of him as a transparent and truthful person, he mentioned in a previous video most of his time is spent writing content.

Can I just say, what is this "summer job" slot about?  I couldn't imagine MKBHD suddenly documenting a day mowing gardens....  I understand LTT's viewership is young, but 99.99% of them subscribed for tech related content.