Console gamers rant against pc GTAV release

Allan

So I was looking up why rockstar has not announced a released date for gta v pc, after I read this article I was going to look through the ( http://gamerant.com/grand-theft-auto-5-pc-petition-campaign/ ) comments and saw some angry console gamers that were just making no sense and stating pc gamers pirate games left and right. Well stating that 550k pc gamer petition was useless because rockstar has made enough money already and doesnt need pc gamers anymore what do you guys think

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

| CPU ------ i5 4670k 4.4ghz ------ MOBO ------ MSI Z87 GD65 ------ GPU ------ MSI TF3 7950 OC ------ GPU2 ------ EVGA GTX660 SC ------ RAM ------ G.SKILL Sniper ram 1866 2x4 ------ PSU ------ Corsair AX860 ------ SSD ------ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB ------ HDD ------Seagate 1TB ------ CASE ------ Corsair 300r |

Take a look at the comments of the article for yourself

| CPU ------ i5 4670k 4.4ghz ------ MOBO ------ MSI Z87 GD65 ------ GPU ------ MSI TF3 7950 OC ------ GPU2 ------ EVGA GTX660 SC ------ RAM ------ G.SKILL Sniper ram 1866 2x4 ------ PSU ------ Corsair AX860 ------ SSD ------ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB ------ HDD ------Seagate 1TB ------ CASE ------ Corsair 300r |

They were saying they will lose more money that what they will take in because of pirating

It's absurd the way they think

Graphic designers and engineers would much rather make a PC game, look at Star Citizen, it has no optimization and it looks beautiful, game developers love making beautiful models and textures, but having to optimize it is the biggest hassle, which is why a PC version of the game would be far more enjoyable to the developers since they can actually use the high def textures and high tessellation.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Please keep the discussion civil.

Yeah great point they have all these tools at their disposal but with consoles they have to numb everything down making their jobs tedious and not as rewarding as if they made a beautiful looking game

Please keep the discussion civil.

come on windspeed xD it's an open forum for discussion we are all mature cx

*cough* Had a quick look at a quite famous website. And gta v was already being pirated for xbox 360. *cough*  :ph34r:

I just hope rockstar doesn't listen to the feral part of the console crowd and release the game on pc...

Kinda want to play this game..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It seems as if there's a few people who really hate PC's in there. They have almost no merrit in their arguements at all.like this little gem "-PC software sales are becoming less of a concern for retail chains. At one time, stores like Best Buy had walls dedicated to PC gaming. Now it’s nothing more than a dusty shelf in a back corner.". This person obviously has no idea about PC gaming at all because he would know that pretty much all PC games distribution is digital now. 

funny thing about that comment you quoted the best buy by my house just put a pc gaming section next to the console sections  its like they are really trying to sell things now lol

i love buying PC games in store, can get em for a good price too. Ive always found  the games i want cheaper than what i can find via digital download. although i end up taking the code and redeeming it on steam any way, but i save a few quid and i get a nice bit of gamer deco to fill my shelf 

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

With lack of a better word, what a bunch of idiots. GTA V has been pirated for the 360 before it was even released and it was so bad, Microsoft carelessly ended up banning several consoles. Man...the comments for that really make me want to pull out a 2x4 to smack someone with.

It seems as if there's a few people who really hate PC's in there. They have almost no merrit in their arguements at all.like this little gem "-PC software sales are becoming less of a concern for retail chains. At one time, stores like Best Buy had walls dedicated to PC gaming. Now it’s nothing more than a dusty shelf in a back corner.". This person obviously has no idea about PC gaming at all because he would know that pretty much all PC games distribution is digital now. 

Ya actually a lot of people who kept predicting the death of PC gaming in the last ten years were doing so because they were looking at retail sales numbers dropping. They didn't realize that customers were migrating to digital.

I think that it's only in the last couple of years that most people have finally realized that PC gaming is not dying.

Posted by Barstow: (on that article)

"Rockstar isn’t hurting themselves withdrawing from the PC market. It’s a smart move to stay as far away from the PC and their sales figures are enough evidence to prove that."

"PC users ruined it for themselves, which is why i’m playing GTA V and RDR while PC owners who believe that consoles are beneath them are still on a long waiting list."

"Developers are tired of giving PC gamers free games. Of those 550k signatures, half of them will pirate the game. The PC gaming industry has been dying a slow, quiet death for years…and piracy is fully to blame."

THE BEST:

"No matter how you try to swing it, PC gaming is on the slippery slope downward. Over 30 years of being on top is a respectful amount of time, but it’s nearing it’s end.

Where is my evidence for this? Simple:

-There was a time in which, if consoles were lucky enough, they would eventually get PC titles (Wing Commander, Chaos Engine, et cetera). That role has now reversed and what little exclusives PC get are ported to consoles.

-Console sales and software is leaps and bounds over PC sales. Worse, games make their profit 10 fold without the need of the PC consumer.

-PC software sales are becoming less of a concern for retail chains. At one time, stores like Best Buy had walls dedicated to PC gaming. Now it’s nothing more than a dusty shelf in a back corner.

-PC piracy is a problem and it’s a main factor for developers pulling support. What lies PC gamers need to tell themselves is immaterial.

I take no pleasure from the slow death of PC gaming. My first real system was an Amiga 1000 and I still consider the Amiga one of the best computers of it’s time…but I know which way the wind is blowing.

I still play PC games but I also don’t foolishly lock myself into one form of entertainment because I’m not a sumg PC elitist who thinks there is one one way to enjoy a hobby."

This guy...... wow

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

If it comes out on steam I'll buy it full price in a heart beat.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932

Posted by Barstow: (on that article)

"Rockstar isn’t hurting themselves withdrawing from the PC market. It’s a smart move to stay as far away from the PC and their sales figures are enough evidence to prove that."

"PC users ruined it for themselves, which is why i’m playing GTA V and RDR while PC owners who believe that consoles are beneath them are still on a long waiting list."

"Developers are tired of giving PC gamers free games. Of those 550k signatures, half of them will pirate the game. The PC gaming industry has been dying a slow, quiet death for years…and piracy is fully to blame."

THE BEST:

"No matter how you try to swing it, PC gaming is on the slippery slope downward. Over 30 years of being on top is a respectful amount of time, but it’s nearing it’s end.

Where is my evidence for this? Simple:

-There was a time in which, if consoles were lucky enough, they would eventually get PC titles (Wing Commander, Chaos Engine, et cetera). That role has now reversed and what little exclusives PC get are ported to consoles.

-Console sales and software is leaps and bounds over PC sales. Worse, games make their profit 10 fold without the need of the PC consumer.

-PC software sales are becoming less of a concern for retail chains. At one time, stores like Best Buy had walls dedicated to PC gaming. Now it’s nothing more than a dusty shelf in a back corner.

-PC piracy is a problem and it’s a main factor for developers pulling support. What lies PC gamers need to tell themselves is immaterial.

I take no pleasure from the slow death of PC gaming. My first real system was an Amiga 1000 and I still consider the Amiga one of the best computers of it’s time…but I know which way the wind is blowing.

I still play PC games but I also don’t foolishly lock myself into one form of entertainment because I’m not a sumg PC elitist who thinks there is one one way to enjoy a hobby."

This guy...... wow

I was stupid enough to read through all barstow's comments... man that guy loves his console.. and he's really not willing to accept opinions that differ from his own.

I really hope rockstar releases GTA V on pc now. Just to see people like barstow literally explode with anger. :P

My interest in rockstar games are fading more and more every time i read comments like this...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I hope these guys realize that, whether or not GTAV comes to PC's wont be because "console gamers" don't want it, but because there isn't enough interest or Rockstar doesn't think they won't make enough money on a PC version. All those guys are up in the night.

Yeah because GTA V wasn't pirated at all and didn't have hundreds of thousands of downloads from websites of the ISO for both platforms.

Yeah, PC gamers don't deserve a game because some of us pirate it. I hope GTA VI doesn't come to consoles at all then, because GTA V was heavily pirated.

Now, let me return to buying bundle packs of games, not paying for online and playing some of the best games(Indie) that are beyond cheap at retail.

People always want more money. Therefore, R* will release a PC version.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

People always want more money. Therefore, R* will release a PC version.

I agree with you that R* will probably be releasing a PC version of the game eventually but I wouldnt say it is a guarantee. Red Dead Redemption was a critically acclaimed game and from what I know they didn't release it on PC. I expect R* to release GTAV on PC but if they don't I wouldnt be surprised

I dont care much

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Wow.. that Barstow guy...

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D