AMD Polaris Giveaway

Currently running an R9 270 in my sweet sweet baby rig that I built back in the day because I wanted a great PC for Skyrim!  And now it's suddenly 2016...

Well, I think saying I've got an old GT 530 might be enough.. Please!! :-)

my computer has a potato for a graphics card

i have a GT630 so RX480 will defintely be an upgrade

Good luck to all participants

I am currently using Sapphire Radeon HD6670 1GB DDR3. I'm currently trying to sell it as originally I wanted to upgrade my system with HD7850 1GB DDR5 (or maybe 2GB but it's like 15 more euros, yes I'm European) but if I win this then hey, great! Then I'll be able to upgrade my PSU with the money I wanted to upgrade my graphics card.

I'm all about that "scrapyard wars" thing cause it's really REALLY much more cheaper. Basically I sold every single component from my PC, one by one, and as I sold I simultaneously bought other, used, ones. For example I had Asus P5KPL till 2 years ago, upgraded it with Asus P5Q3 which I recently sold and upgraded again with Gigabyte Z87-HD3, so obviously there were RAM changes from Kingston 2x1GB DDR2 at 800MHz with Asus P5KPL, 1x4GB Transcend + 2x1GB Kingston both at 1333MHz DDR3 with Asus P5Q3 and now 1x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury at 1866MHz DDR3 with Gigabyte Z87-HD3 (planing in the future a upgrade with one more 1x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury of the same type for dual-channel). PSU is Seasonic 80+ bronze edition 350Watts (I know someone will say it's low but with all the calculators out there, and my favorite http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator tyvm Linus for the suggestion, but it actually works really well and would even work with HD7850), Raidmax Viper 2 case, SanDisk 120GB Ultra II SSD and Intel i3-4130 with box cooler + 5x120mm fans on the case.

Except SSD, 5x120mm fans and RAM all other parts are all bought USED for much much lower prices.

Here is the finaly result (you can even find some parts even cheaper nowdays since the prices listed bellow are back when I bought them, some over 2 years ago) :

Motherboard - 46euros

CPU - 68euros

box coller for CPU - little over 3euros

Case - 16euros

Graphics - 36euros

PSU - 8euros

RAM - 33euros

5x120mm fans - little over 7euros total (cheapest fans, when bought I opened them, cleaned them and oiled with the oil used for sewing machines)

SSD - 66euros

Which makes total of around 238 euros (and if you take in count that before every purchase I sold my old parts then it's even cheaper, RAM for example when I sold my 1x4GB Transcend + 2x1GB Kingston DDR3 at 1333MHz I actually added just less than 2 euros for the brand new 8GB, motherboard Asus P5Q3 I sold for the same amount I bought new one which is 46 euros etc etc)

The point of this is, if you take in count all above you'll notice that the "weakest link" in my system is my graphics card and next is PSU, with new graphics like these from giveaway I can kill 2 flies with one swing, I get new graphics for free and the money from selling HD6670 + money I wanted to add for 7850 can buy me a really good used PSU, Seasonic <3.

Sorry for the long post ! Here's a potato !

I have a GTX 750 1GB and would like a RX-420 so i can play games that i cant play and csgo a little better :)

i have a gtx 960... but the green sucks! ;) need something red/orange to fit my colours

Hello, i currently have no graphics card xD just onboard graphics which is also old, intel g41 i can still play games at 640x480 and with lowest settings, hope that i can win it, so i can play more games, cuz newer games or games with high graphics isn't playable "Gibe Nao Pls" 

Currently running a GTX 760. Would love something that's more powerful so that I can run certain experiences like a high end VR setup.

6 hours ago, nicklmg said:

GANG GANG

I got R7 and its kinda slow and hot when i play like 1-2 hours... that would be fantastic! :P

I have a Nvidia 750ti, and I want to upgrade to nvidia for the power and dollar/fps that Polaris is giving.

hi i'm new here but have subbed to YT for quite some time. here goes!

current rig: i7-920 with a super old sapphire hd5850 on reference blower, super awful whining card HAHA. would love to swap out the 5850 for a new rx480 coz i just can't run AC Syndicate on my rig T___T and the rx480 is just too expensive for me to buy right now, everyone's blowing the price out of proportion T___T pwz pwz lemme win :D

Had really high hopes and amd, and they finally deliver, I would love to have one please. 

I have Nvidia GTX 970 currently, and I want this card 'cause it looks the shizz yo

r9 280 user here, I want to buy a sapphire nitro rx 480 but won't be mad if I win this one

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 │ Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 103 │ GPU: ASUS STRIX RX480 8GB @1400 │ RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9 HyperX Fury Blue Series │ SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB │ HDD: 2x Western Digital Blue 1TB │ Motherboard: GIGABYTE H97-HD3 │ PSU: EVGA 600B │ Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered │ OS: Windows 10 Pro

I'm currently running a gt 740 and my best friend wants to get into PC gaming, so I'm not sure if I'd keep it or give it to him. Either way, I would be ecstatic to win a new RX 480. 

Thanks, AMD!

i have two gtx 780 in sli i want to have this card for my 2 pc that has a gt7600 in it

I'm currently running with an R9 380 which is starting to show its age in comparison to the newer cards and is struggling slightly in comparison to my friends' rigs.

Love you guys thanks for the giveaway!

I've got an R9 390 and an Acer XZ350CU.  I would like this monitor to be able to properly drive this monitor.  

I currently have a non-gaming laptop with integrated graphics. I'm planning a build at the end of the summer that would be made even better with one of these cards.

Runing a R9 290. Need the card for my HTPC.

I'm using HD 8670D inside  the A6800-k APU. Recently i replaced my crt monitor with cheapest ultra wide monitor i can get.Lg 25UM58-P to be exact.Then with a firmware uptade a wild Freesync over hdmi option appeared in the on screen control software even though it's not listed in Amd website.I know it's a random giveaway and i was going to buy an RX 480 regardless of my monitor having Freesync or not.So good luck to everyone.

i have dual gtx 770's but i wanna get rid of them since they are really loud and really power hungry, they have dual 8pins on each card, theyre wasting so much power xD

6 hours ago, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

I want it because I still have a GTX 560 in my rig