Star Citizen Refunds Pledge

sTizzl
5 hours ago, Sakkura said:

That's a lot of misinformation. The old terms specifically promised a refund if the game wasn't available within a certain timeframe (18 months).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-21-star-citizen-terms-of-service-update-makes-it-a-bit-harder-to-get-a-refund

Yep, and the new ToS cannot be retroactively applied to users who agreed to the old ToS. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

6 hours ago, Hawx said:

Even eurogamer points out that this part of the ToS has existed since the start:

After 2 years post-pledge that's more than applicable.

But that doesn't apply since they changed the product beyond what he had backed. They can't just develop a My Little Pony game with the funds he paid toward a space game, then say "ooh, sorry, it's been used for game costs." And they cannot change the TOS with regard to the time frame after the fact either.

In a court room, many of their terms probably wouldn't hold up anyway.

I've played some and I really like it. Love the atmosphere and space theme. Visuals are amazing! Wish to see it finally officially released to see how the game really is. I really want an next gen MMO visual, mechanic gameplay wise. And it's sci-fi so that's great, kind of tired of all the shield, sword, spells fantasy theme :P

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

12 hours ago, Supermangik said:

I just think it's funny I purchased my R9 290 Tri-X back in 2013, chose StarCitizen as one of my free games to come along my GPU. Still in the making then, still hasn't fully released yet. Hehehe.

I remember when 700 series from NVIDIA and 200 from AMD were just released and recommended specs for Star Citizen were $500 top of the line new GPUs... everyone was like..waaaaat?!

Here we are 3.5 year later and suddenly those specs doesn't look that bad :D

I asked for a refund about a month ago, it was denied.

17 hours ago, Sparviero said:

My only real peeve is that net code. There where some great netcode artists back in the day who could do amazing things with low bandwidth and physics loops hogging up resources and despite netcode being a priority it is still a fecal matter tempest. In my opinion only. 

For all the hype over these amazing people being brought on board I haven't seen CaiG use the way back machine to bring in this sort of industry vet. Although maybe all the old AW, Warbirds, aces high and wwiionline originals are retired. :P

Actually, one of the next updates to the game (possibly 2.6) is expected to bring brand new netcode they've been working on to the game.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

On 16/07/2016 at 11:41 AM, Misanthrope said:

Nooo a kickstarter being basically a scam? This game being grossly overhyped? Who could have predicted that? (Other than me)

popcorn-blank.gif

here, make sure you clean up after you're done stroking your ego.

Blank+_3254ff48d6480c14ead0909985a13405.

23 hours ago, huilun02 said:

I think seeing people throwing wads of money, only to end up waiting indefinitely and having second thoughts, is more entertaining than the game itself.

This cat is amused.

And it's free ;)

On 7/16/2016 at 5:15 AM, qwertywarrior said:

u raise some good points there

its taking a hella long time to get this game released

also " Star Citizen’s full release is expected sometime in 2016 "

my ass last time i checked only a small % was playable and its still alpha

The single player game, Squadron 42 is going to be released this year. Star Citizen is the multiplayer expansion.

I wish people wouldn't be so down on Star Citizen. It's doing something most game devs never do. Take their sweet fucking time to release something amazing. Rather than just pumping it out for the money like all the other companies.

I for one am happy to see a game developer pushing the limits of what can be done. Trying to actually make something new.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

21 hours ago, Sparviero said:

I want them to wait until 1080ti and fury whatevs are commonly available for Sq42.   ;) Playing the dogfighting bits there is still a lot of polish left to be done. 

lol next thing you know you will be waiting for the 1180 Ti or a 590x for beta star citizen, and then for the full release you will be playing it on the 1280ti or the 690x :P

lives on

BAKABT

Backing up PRE ALPHA game and complaining about it being different in BETA  and other stages ?! Jesus Christ people are dumb.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

The single player game, Squadron 42 is going to be released this year.

Any relatively recent source on that?

17 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Not really no. But that's what they keep saying.

I mean, you don't bring in talent like Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, and Gillian Anderson and then fail horribly.

58 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Not really no. But that's what they keep saying.

I mean, you don't bring in talent like Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, and Gillian Anderson and then fail horribly.

oh I don't think they are failing.

I just think squadron 42 is not gonna come out this year. We have less than 6 months left and have still seen no gameplay from the campaign. Except for a bit of walking around at the start of the game in first person mode.

13 minutes ago, Humbug said:

oh I don't think they are failing.

I just think squadron 42 is not gonna come out this year. We have less than 6 months left and have still seen no gameplay from the campaign. Except for a bit of walking around at the start of the game in first person mode.

Well, we do have the speech by Gary Oldman that is rendered in-engine, and not just some CGI magic that you would get from other devs.

Their website still says "2016" etc. So we'll just have to see. I'm personally hyped for it because I think it's an amazing idea. Having so many different things you can do, but rendered in high quality first person (I hate third person). It's basically EVE, but more fun and less spreadsheet simulator.

At least, that's the hope lol

1 hour ago, Humbug said:

I heard the same, apparently they're going to release in an early access state this year then add more features as time goes on. I'll see if I can find the video... 

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

10 hours ago, The_Strict_Nein said:

Actually, one of the next updates to the game (possibly 2.6) is expected to bring brand new netcode they've been working on to the game.

Yes the new netcode has been on the horizon for sometime now. It was one of the reasons for initial delay of an alpha even it has been on the todo list for that long. Yet over two years later people still talk like the amazing new netcode is almost here. :-)

as as I said I come from a gaming world where netcode was life so I find it irksome. I make no claim to be a rational person. :-)

8 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I heard the same, apparently they're going to release in an early access state this year then add more features as time goes on.

oh no that's disappointing.

I had no idea they were going to release singleplayer squadron42 campaign as early access.

I thought that for this part of the game they would give it to us when it was done rather than drip feed us updates. It's not like they can't test all the required tech and game mechanics in the PTU. Would prefer they wait till 2017 and deliver a finished product.

12 hours ago, Humbug said:

oh no that's disappointing.

I had no idea they were going to release singleplayer squadron42 campaign as early access.

I thought that for this part of the game they would give it to us when it was done rather than drip feed us updates. It's not like they can't test all the required tech and game mechanics in the PTU. Would prefer they wait till 2017 and deliver a finished product.

Then wait, when I got Project cars 4 years early and was a alpha tester. I would hope in to check on progress but never really played it until after release. Star citizen is getting to hyped for a crowd funded game to many idiots don't realize games of this size takes massive teams of people more then 5 years to make. And don't realize that all goals can't be meet all the time.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I honestly thought this "game" was dead.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

It was a perpetual donation scam from the start. They will continue to sell ships for IRL money.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I'm of the mind that when it comes to backing a product on Kickstarter, you're providing funding based on their pitch. There have been some startups who've funded through Kickstarter for a product, realized that product isn't feasible and then pivoted to building something entirely different using backer's money. To me this is an unethical business practice because it's going against the interest of stakeholders (backers), who provided money on the promise of a specific product being delivered AND being dishonest towards them. If you buy a chocolate mud cake and they bring out a strawberry sponge cake you're going to ask what they're doing. Because that's not what you paid for. Same thing with a Kickstarter. In the case of Star Citizen from what I've been seeing of it, they're still making an expansive space-sim that can be played alone (albeit online), so people claiming that it isn't what they paid for aren't technically making a valid case, because they paid for an expansive space-sim that can be paid alone.

This is a different beast to something like a successive model of Apple device though, because those are finished products when they launch. When you buy one you are able to learn just about all that you need to about it prior to the purchase, so you know what you're paying for. If a system update screws with it you've agreed to let that happen when you agreed to their terms of service, which they make you agree to before using the device. So while it's technically changed the product, it's still done so in a legal way that you can't sue for, because by agreeing to their terms of service you agree to absolve them of responsibility for just about all system-based problems.

Sometimes people compare Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen but at least Elite Dangerous is out and finished in a high quality state.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

47 minutes ago, kuddlesworth9419 said:

Sometimes people compare Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen but at least Elite Dangerous is out and finished in a high quality state.

they can probably learn some things from elite dangerous

but the last thing star citizen devs want is to end up like elite where players are complaining about a large universe with nothing to do.

2 hours ago, kuddlesworth9419 said:

I'm assuming you've never played ED? The phrase "mile wide but inch deep" is entirely accurate. Frontier keep adding stuff but it's always the wrong stuff, they added NPC quest givers in the last update but declined to fix the fact the quests are just the same 5 or 6 activities over and over again, trading quickly becomes space trucking simulator, mining is less fun than poking your eyeballs with a needle, piracy is just trading with more risk for not much more reward and combat... it's really not fun to spend 5 mins attacking an enemy to have an NPC whose sat and watched the entire fight fire one shot, blow up your target and claim your bounty. 

And fucking interdictions, don't even get me started on that shit. It goes from not fun to start with to annoying to frustrating to "JUST FUCK OFF INTERDICTING ME ALL THE FUCKING TIME" very quickly. Seriously if I escape someone I don't expect them to be able to pull me out again literally 5 seconds later, especially seeing as I can't do it them so why can they do it to me? 

It's almost like Frontier are happy with the game being boring and frustrating, like that was the plan and they're sticking with it no matter what.