which phone is best under 500 USD?

Woahduds

i think oneplus is a good phones but the excessive 6gb of ram seems a lil much, then there is the axon 7 which is now preorder in US. But then i can buy refurbished iphone (iphone6 128gb) for a cheaper price, but i want to use SD cards. Asus deluxe is also ok, but i gotta wait... :P

Well that's the first time I've heard anyone complain about too much available RAM. Under $500 I'd for sure go for the OnePlus 3.

Prolly too scrubby for you, but with the Moto G4/Plus out now, everything else just doesn't make any sense to me^^ 

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

4 minutes ago, melchiorvester said:

Nexus 6P

i mean yeah i know its a great phone but its 1 gen behind

Huawei Mate 8 or Huawei P9 (not completely sure about the price but I think they are around $500).

Both of them have superb battery life (Mate 8 has best from all current flagship phones). CPU is very efficient and doesn't run hot even under constant load like on most other phones.

Catch is that the GPU side is a bit lacking compared to even mid range phone. It is however not an issue as long as you don't plan on playing demanding Android games.

I have Mate 8 and battery usually last me for 3 days with medium to heavy use.

I am in Japan now and I constantly have turned on WiFi + GPS + browser + LTE and I use phone very heavily... sill last me the entire day without problem.

Otherwise One Plus 3 I guess.

8 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

Well that's the first time I've heard anyone complain about too much available RAM. Under $500 I'd for sure go for the OnePlus 3.

well, i mean they can give us 4gb ram and put the money on QHD or something else

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Huawei Mate 8 or Huawei P9 (not completely sure about the price but I think they are around $500).

Both of them have superb battery life (Mate 8 has best from all current flagship phones). CPU is very efficient and doesn't run hot even under constant load like on most other phones.

Catch is that the GPU side is a bit lacking compared to even mid range phone. It is however not an issue as long as you don't plan on playing demanding Android games.

Otherwise One Plus 3 I guess.

ill make sure to check them out

3 minutes ago, Woahduds said:

ill make sure to check them out

I edited my previous post a bit.

BTW if you happen to check older reviews and they mention camera not working properly, it was fixed.

17 minutes ago, Woahduds said:

well, i mean they can give us 4gb ram and put the money on QHD or something else

Honestly 1080P is the most you really need for a phone, anything higher just kills battery life.

27 minutes ago, Woahduds said:

i mean yeah i know its a great phone but its 1 gen behind

Still a great phone 

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.2GHz with Corsair H100 RAM: Corsair 16GB (4x4) SSD: Samsung 840 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Strix GTX 1080 

PSU: OCZ 650W CASE: Fractal Define R5

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MelchiorVester/saved/#view=RKNXsY

33 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I edited my previous post a bit.

BTW if you happen to check older reviews and they mention camera not working properly, it was fixed.

what about the asus zen fone 3 deluxe?

1 hour ago, Woahduds said:

what about the asus zen fone 3 deluxe?

I have no experience with that one. But the previous two generations suffered from software and the battery was drained really fast even if you couldn't see anything running in background. I don't know if it was fixed or not.

Oneplus 3. One of the best devices you can Find.

6gb Ram,  Snapdraogn 820, Good dev support, VERY VERY (!!!!) Fast UFS 2.0 storage, good Camera (not best, but just slightly behind), and with the latest Update, a very color accurate Display, altho not the brightest on the market.

Battery life is pretty good. According to Notebookcheck.de (they measured it in minutes), the Oneplus 3 has a 25%~ better Battery Life, than the HTC 10, which has the exact same  SoC, and same Battery Capacity.

Source: http://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-OnePlus-3-Smartphone.167713.0.html

Just above the Fazit at the bottom. Sorry for the German, but the Graph should be clear.

But the bang for the buck is incredible.

Btw: If the Resolution is 1440p or 1080p doesnt matter SHIT for battery Life. These 1-2% difference are ever so slightly... Many people act, like the battery life triples with it. No it doesnt.

See the Galaxy S7. 1440p Screen, but destroys most other 1080p Phones in battery Life, at least as the Exynos version.

Full Load on the S7 Exynos consumes like 6,4~ Watt power.

Any  Snapdragon 820 Device, even Oneplus 3 with 1080p screen, is at around 9.5-10.5 Watt under full Load (idle the difference is small).

The Display technology, the Processor, and other hardware parts have MUCH more influence of the battery life, than pure Resolution.