A Billboard that Identifies People Who Litter

jos

The-Faces-of-Litter.jpg

<quote> whole project was called the Face of Litter Campaign. scientists at Parabon NanoLabs used Snapshot™ DNA phenotyping to analyze who had touched the various garbage samples, and this allowed them to make a digital drawing of the litterbug responsible for each individual piece.   This technology has the ability to predict eye color, hair color, skin color, freckling, shape of the face, and a lot more about people just from a tiny amount of their DNA.  it got people talking.  In only two weeks, it managed to get 3.9 million engagements on social media, and $5 million in earned media coverage. This campaign was very successful by many measurements, but it does raise some ethical questions.  The pictures that were shown were generated drawings of theoretical people, but is it appropriate to publicly shame people?</quote>

Although it may be possible in Hong Kong..I do not see many countries doing it.. how can they use DNA without a warrant??  Is it ethical.. if such aggressive advertising is allowed then spams are also not an issue . Intention are good but approach not so much..

Source: Link

I think it's completely appropriate to publicly shame people for littering, it's completely unnessecery, lazy and shows a lack of reguard for the environment.

We shame companies who dump waste illegally, why not individuals? 

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Public shaming should be allowed. And as for DNA lookup, it shouldn't be a question- you littered on public space, whatever is on the ground is free for all.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Does it also do this for people that drop cigarette butts on the ground?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

2 hours ago, Fetzie said:

hope it does, not only they smoke but they don't even have the decency to toss it in the trash can, almost making it an art on how they stylishly toss it wherever 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Oh boy, Spread awareness as well , guarenteed it will be abused by wannabe SJW for political shit, or with it not just use it as an excuse to mock some random fucker publicly like some facebook shit for misplaced self righteous shit, plus could be vulnerable to outside hacks as well

next we put all fat kids up on the streets mocking their parents in the banner, although it feels right for some,but you get the idea..

#aLittletotheLeft

Details separate people.

Yeah, saw this it's quite funny heh.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

18 hours ago, Fetzie said:

15 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

hope it does, not only they smoke but they don't even have the decency to toss it in the trash can, almost making it an art on how they stylishly toss it wherever 

The ground is actually more ideal than a trash can in most instances. You don't want a hot/potentially still smoldering cigarette to be thrown in the garbage. Obviously ash tray garbages would be ideal but also not feasible to deploy on a large scale.

You could argue that even if there aren't any ash trays around that it's still your responsibility to make sure you have somewhere to put it when you're done, but again, that's also not a realistic expectation. Realistically it's the garbage or the street, and of those two options I would choose the street and avoid the fire hazard.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

This is like, ancient news, what the heck man? Like, it was first reported on back in may of 2015 xD 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

The ground is actually more ideal than a trash can in most instances. You don't want a hot/potentially still smoldering cigarette to be thrown in the garbage. Obviously ash tray garbages would be ideal but also not feasible to deploy on a large scale.

You could argue that even if there aren't any ash trays around that it's still your responsibility to make sure you have somewhere to put it when you're done, but again, that's also not a realistic expectation. Realistically it's the garbage or the street, and of those two options I would choose the street and avoid the fire hazard.

considering all public trashcans come with a way to dispose of cigarettes, and you can find them almost at evvery corners of a street, tossing them in the ground is just lazy

close-up-of-cigarette-buds-in-trash-can-

7574828758_c8c5d4cbd7.jpg

this is unacceptable 

stock-photo-littered-cigarette-butts-in-

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

11 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

considering all public trashcans come with a way to dispose of cigarettes, and you can find them almost at evvery corners of a street, tossing them in the ground is just lazy

close-up-of-cigarette-buds-in-trash-can-

7574828758_c8c5d4cbd7.jpg

That's actually not true at all. Most public trash cans don't have that.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

That's actually not true at all. Most public trash cans don't have that.

where have you been living?

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

where have you been living?

It's a small city, you've probably never heard of it before -- New York City.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

A small city. You've probably never heard of it before -- New York City.

And i'm in a even smaller one (Bologna) and those are everywhere. Impossible to miss them

6 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

In the town I live in, every trash can has a special compartment for cigarette butts and a place to squash them out, but people still throw them on the ground, even when standing next to the trash can...

It isn't even to avoid a fire hazard because they seem to be fine throwing them onto the grassy bit between the tram tracks.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

18 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

And i'm in a even smaller one (Bologna) and those are everywhere. Impossible to miss them

It's better than In France. In France people toss Cigarettes on train tracks or near them just before a train comes.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

21 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

We only have those in larger cities and in front of public buildings here in Germany... 

I litter all the time. Don't care.

swansondontcare.gif

Come at me bro.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

I litter all the time. Don't care.

swansondontcare.gif

Come at me bro.

Yeah. It's not really like most of the shit  you throw out isn't gonna end up in the sea anyway. Maybe instead of making some fad billboard they could build a solar plant and actually make a difference. 

- snip-

2 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Yeah. It's not really like most of the shit  you throw out isn't gonna end up in the sea anyway. Maybe instead of making some fad billboard they could build a solar plant and actually make a difference. 

I'm more of the opinion "society is collapsing. Fuck it. Those of us that aren't stupid enough to live in the killzones, I mean cities, might be able to use some of that junk to survive for a few decades."

But then again, I am me.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

But then again, I am me.

That about sums it up. I'm just expecting a  Trik'Stari doomsday prepper special. 

- snip-

3 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

That about sums it up. I'm just expecting a  Trik'Stari doomsday prepper special. 

Yeah I hate that show. It's entirely made to make real preppers look crazy by focusing on morons who prepare for only one kind of emergency.

A real prepper is prepared for as many emergencies as possible. Not just doomsday, but natural and manmade disasters as well, short term and long.