Post your Cinebench R20+15+R11.5+2003 Scores **Don't Read The OP PLZ**

Message added by SansVarnic

Please <SNIP> large quotes.

Save an Electron . . . <snip> always.

24 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Isn't that voltage amazing?  I'm sure that if my ambient wasn't so high that I could have pulled off just a bit lower, but it is what it is.  

Speaking of 4 core part.  IPC matches or exceeds Kaby Lake clock for clock.   Once I done testing, I'm going to set up a per core overclock or tweak Turbo Boost 3.0 so that the best cores are hitting higher clocks than the rest so I can have the best of both worlds for daily use.  

Contrary to all the bullshit floating around these forums, single-threaded performance still matter greatly in daily use applications.  

I'm sure there's still some who'll try and claim there's no real gain in the newer i7-i9 range. 

"Rushed" my ass. Look at that clock.  

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, done12many2 said:

i9 7900X @ 4.8 GHz with 1.24v

2716cb multi / 216cb single

Still trying to figure out this Gigabyte BIOS, but I'm off to a pretty decent start.  :D

not too bad for the first i9 in the thread. is that just 1/3 of a random batch or are they all the same batch?

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

I'm sure there's still some who'll try and claim there's no real gain in the newer i7-i9 range. 

"Rushed" my ass. Look at that clock.  

the motherboards and higher core count cpu's are rushed, the cpus unto 12c were planned. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

10 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

the motherboards and higher core count cpu's are rushed, the cpus unto 12c were planned. 

The rushed boards are the little poo ones rocking one 8P connector. That or they've 2 VRM phases lol. 

Haven't heard from any of the proper OC boards since they're probably actually being developed. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

The rushed boards are the little poo ones rocking one 8P connector. That or they've 2 VRM phases lol. 

Haven't heard from any of the proper OC boards since they're probably actually being developed. 

all boards so far have 8+2 IR power delivery. no matter which spec or price they are. This is because intel moved it forward 2 months so nobody has tested anything fully. 

Just now, dexT said:

Best she did only on dice. Ran into temp related stability issues http://hwbot.org/submission/3588448_

not bad for dice. you left that a bit late!  :D i managed to keep second place which was suprising, quite a few on phase and dice around 4.8-5.1ghz but only 2 of us on ln2 at 5.5+ 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

4 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

not bad for dice. you left that a bit late!  :D i managed to keep second place which was suprising, quite a few on phase and dice around 4.8-5.1ghz but only 2 of us on ln2 at 5.5+ 

Yeah I benched right up to the buzzer after procrastinating, my replacement for the REX was kinda bunk so I almost blew it off. Happy with how I did though as I was the highest ranked overall that only ran 3 out of the 5 benches. I think this chip would go way way higher on ln2.

You did awesome.

5 hours ago, done12many2 said:

As far as temps, it was hitting 80c on the hottest core and 82c on the package during Cinebench testing at 4.8 with 1.24v.  My house was warm during the testing (25c) so I may try again when cooler or move it to the basement for more testing.  

No real information on voltages at this time, but 1.24v definitely isn't anything to worry about.  It's hitting those voltages on stock configurations.  

I've got two more 7900X CPUs to test.  After that, I'm picking the best out of three and that'll be it for binning this time around as I need to stop all the tweaking and do more using.  haha

Oh, and I need to delid the winner. 

Of course you bought 3 of them lol xD 

Hopefully temps will get down once you delid it. I know 82°C isn't something horrible, but that's only with cinebench ... It's a shame those CPUs aren't soldered.

But I was expecting those CPUs to have much bigger temps issues. 4,8GHz on 10 cores without deliding it ... doesn't sounds that bad.

Can't wait to see your final result once you pick a winner and OC it to it's max potential :)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Just now, dexT said:

Yeah I benched right up to the buzzer after procrastinating, my replacement for the REX was kinda bunk so I almost blew it off. Happy with how I did though as I was the highest ranked overall that only ran 3 out of the 5 benches. I think this chip would go way way higher on ln2.

You did awesome.

that is a good effort then. you need to get that ln2 now :P

thanks. i failed in the dual core stages, but quad i did ok :D 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

7 hours ago, Jumper118 said:

that is a good effort then. you need to get that ln2 now :P

thanks. i failed in the dual core stages, but quad i did ok :D 

Yup when I start doing 1150 I'm going ln2. Have a G3258 Vietnam X5 batch that does 4.3G stock voltage on air so far for that platform.

i7 7820X. 4.7GHz all 8 cores @ 1.25v. Score - 2012.

Cinebench.thumb.gif.7c0dc1dc6ff32925893d33ac333b6a51.gif

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

9 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

i7 7820X. 4.7GHz all 8 cores @ 1.25v. Score - 2012.

I bet you that's at stock cache isn't it?  Oh boy, I see even higher scores coming. 

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I bet you that's at stock cache isn't it?  Oh boy, I see even higher scores coming. 

Yep, It's very funny, a lot of people were saying the Skylake-X wouldn't overclock well because it's not soldered. lol xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Yeah, cache is at stock. That's the mesh right? I believe it's 2.4? That'll be the next thing I work towards. I want to hit the holy grail of 5ghz but we'll see. :D I've got plenty of thermal headroom for more. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Just now, VagabondWraith said:

Yeah, cache is at stock. That's the mesh right? I believe it's 2.4? That'll be the next thing I work towards. I want to hit the holy grail of 5ghz but we'll see. :D I've got plenty of thermal headroom for more. 

And if you delid it I bet that you will be able to hit 5.1+GHz on all cores :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yep, It's very funny, a lot of people were saying the Skylake-X wouldn't overclock well because it's not soldered. lol xD

Yeah, I've come to learn that LTT if full of self-proclaimed experts.  You know, the guys who can tell you about everything that a platform can do without having ever used or owned one?  YouTube experts?  This is the forum of snowflakes man.

Hell, even they are starting to quiet down post release.  lol

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

Yeah, the mesh is the cache.  Give 3000 MHz a go at the stock voltage.  

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

And if you delid it I bet that you will be able to hit 5.1+GHz on all cores :D

I don't think I'll delid. Can't dish out $600 at will if something breaks. xD 

Just now, VagabondWraith said:

you dont have to, just stick it back together and rma. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

4 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

There's nothing wrong with that.  You have great multi AND  single threaded performance with that chip as it is.  Enjoy the fact that you spent a bit more money so that you can have both.  Despite what all of the self-proclaimed LTT experts are saying, both single and multi performance remains important.  Strong individual cores make for a very strong well-balanced CPU especially when you have a small army of them available.  

2 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

you dont have to, just stick it back together and rma. 

So true.  Intel's RMA process is a lot more relaxed then people think.  Just don't volunteer any more information then necessary.  

@done12many2 Indeed my friend! These processors are fucking AMAZING! This is by far the best electronics purchase I've made in a long time! Even better than the 1080 Ti. I'm so deep into overclocking now I keep forgetting about the more important things in life. xD I just dive right in and the rest of the world doesn't exist anymore lol.

It'll get even better though. Once Coffeelake-X hits on the 14nm++ architecture, are we going to be looking at 5.5Ghz at 1.2v? The voltage needed for these Sky-X chips is insane. 1.2ish for 4.8 is crazy.

32 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Well I'm one of those people ... kinda.

I said that Skylake-X will have temp problems and because of that it won't be able to overclock as much as it would on solder. And that's still true.

@done12many2 is already hitting over 80°C when only running Cinebench at 1,25V which is somewhere around stock voltage on those CPUs.

So from my understanding, 1,35V should be still safe to use on those CPUs for daily usage (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). But if you already get high 80°C temps on 1,25V, you can forget about 1,3V any beyond. Not to mention, that those temps are on water cooling and while only running Cinebench. 

Now try to run Aida64 FPU+CPU+cache and lets see what temps you will get then.

CPU itself is amazing. 

But don't tell me that solder wouldn't come in handy here. I can't wait for delided results from "done12many2". It will be great indeed. 

I'm not expert on this, why Intel decided to not solder those CPUs ... but we sure could benefit from it.

Any infos on safe voltages for those CPUs?

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

20 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

@done12many2 Indeed my friend! These processors are fucking AMAZING! This is by far the best electronics purchase I've made in a long time! Even better than the 1080 Ti. I'm so deep into overclocking now I keep forgetting about the more important things in life. xD I just dive right in and the rest of the world doesn't exist anymore lol.

It'll get even better though. Once Coffeelake-X hits on the 14nm++ architecture, are we going to be looking at 5.5Ghz at 1.2v? The voltage needed for these Sky-X chips is insane. 1.2ish for 4.8 is crazy.

Agreed.  There's price to pay with Intel Extreme, but it's never let me down.  

Don't be surprised if we see some Coffee Lake chips being crossed over into the x299 socket.  Intel seems to be answering calls from enthusiast who wanted options and while Kaby Lake X didn't make sense to most people on LTT, it does to a lot of overlcockers and benchmarkers.  After all, those guys tend to buy Intel Extreme platforms.  Why worry about what mainstream thinks if your audience are extremists.  xD

2 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

I said that Skylake-X will have temp problems and because of that it won't be able to overclock as much as it would on solder. And that's still true.

That is true, but a lot of people were saying that it won't be able to go higher than 4.4-4.5GHz, which is simply not true ;)

2 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

I'm not expert on this, why Intel decided to not solder those CPUs ... but we sure could benefit from it.

I don't think that Intel did this to save money, I believe that they ran into other issues. I just hope that the 12+ core ones are soldered :/

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

That is true, but a lot of people were saying that it won't be able to go higher than 4.4-4.5GHz, which is simply not true ;)

I don't think that Intel did this to save money, I believe that they ran into other issues. I just hope that the 12+ core ones are soldered :/

Well we saw from @done12many2 that 10 core CPU can get almost to 5GHz. I just hope he will provide some sort of information about all 3 CPUs that he tested. Wondering if all/most of those CPUs can get that result.

I would prefer to have Intel CPU just because MMORPG still depends on single threaded performance. But I won't buying that, just to run into temp problems.

WD My Cloud 4TB

3 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

@done12many2 is already hitting over 80°C when only running Cinebench at 1,25V which is somewhere around stock voltage on those CPUs.

So from my understanding, 1,35V should be still safe to use on those CPUs for daily usage (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). But if you already get high 80°C temps on 1,25V, you can forget about 1,3V any beyond. Not to mention, that those temps are on water cooling and while only running Cinebench. 

Now try to run Aida64 FPU+CPU+cache and lets see what temps you will get then.

CPU itself is amazing. 

But don't tell me that solder wouldn't come in handy here. I can't wait for delided results from "done12many2". It will be great indeed. 

Any infos on safe voltages for those CPUs?

You can't compare voltages of different architectures.  What was good for Haswell-E and Broadwell-E is not the same as what is good for Skylake-X.  1.35v on Skylake-X will indeed require substantial sub ambient type cooling, but 1.35v on Skylake-X will also more than likely take you well above 5 GHz.  

Cooling 10 cores at 5+ GHz is something that not even solder could help.  

With the scaling I'm seeing in my current 7900X, I'd still hit 5 GHz below 1.3v.  Maybe around 1.27 to 1.28 for a Cinebench type load.  Cinebench takes more voltage to run than AIDA64.  lol