Bottlenecked GPU?

So i’ve ordered and already recieved the ryzen 5500 cpu, and have ordered the intel arc a580 gpu but can cancel it.

Does the cpu limit the gpu’s power? I’ve heard that with asrock their gpus dont play nice with comparatively weak cpu’s.

if need be, i can return all the components that would matter with this (cpu, ram, motherboard, PSU) or downscale the gpu for one that matches the cpu

fyi im looking to use this pc for general work, coding, but mainly for games like valorant, cyberpunk, fortnite etc with mid to high settings at 1080p

Thanks

That's not a very powerful GPU, you'll be fine. 

Ryzen 7 7800x3D -  Asus RTX4090 TUF OC- Asrock X670E Taichi - 32GB DDR5-6000CL30 - SuperFlower 1000W - Fractal Torrent - Assassin IV - 42" LG C2

Ryzen 7 5800x - XFX RX6600 - Asus STRIX B550i - 32GB DDR4-3200CL14 - Corsair SF750 - Lian Li O11 Mini - EK 360 AIO - Asus PG348Q

7 minutes ago, Winged Ass said:

So i’ve ordered and already recieved the ryzen 5500 cpu, and have ordered the intel arc a580 gpu but can cancel it.

Does the cpu limit the gpu’s power? I’ve heard that with asrock their gpus dont play nice with comparatively weak cpu’s.

if need be, i can return all the components that would matter with this (cpu, ram, motherboard, PSU) or downscale the gpu for one that matches the cpu

fyi im looking to use this pc for general work, coding, but mainly for games like valorant, cyberpunk, fortnite etc with mid to high settings at 1080p

Thanks

I think you dont quite understand the word bottlenecking and how it works. You are not alone in this and its very common.

The 5500 will pair nicely with an ARC a580 but I would rather recommend the RX 6600 as it is slightly faster 🙂

Bottlenecking has nothing to do with with companies like MSI, Asrock or ASUS. Its the components itself like the RTX 4070 or 7900 XTX for example.

The Ryzen 5500 would pair very well with an RX 6600 or Nvidia equivalent.

When people say bottleneck, what they usually mean is the CPU limiting the GPUs performance. This has nothing to do with a particular manufacturer.

It is a combination of the performance level of the products you use (e.g. RTX 4090 vs RTX 4060 and 5800X3D vs 5600) and how GPU/CPU intensive a game is.

If a game is very CPU intensive, the CPU may not be able to keep the GPU fed with data to work on at a fast enough rate. This could lead to the GPU only working at say 60% of its theoretically possible performance.

This is only really an issue if the performance disparity is very large. As long as you have playable framerates and no wild swings, its generally nothing to worry about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VcytCt02eE

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Winged Ass said:

Thanks

pretty balanced considering 5500 = 12100 in performance and a580 = rtx 3050, so looking at how popular is 12100 rtx 3050 build is, seems like it wont be a problem at all

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

When people say bottleneck, what they usually mean is the CPU limiting the GPUs performance. This has nothing to do with a particular manufacturer.

It is a combination of the performance level of the products you use (e.g. RTX 4090 vs RTX 4060 and 5800X3D vs 5600) and how GPU/CPU intensive a game is.

If a game is very CPU intensive, the CPU may not be able to keep the GPU fed with data to work on at a fast enough rate. This could lead to the GPU only working at say 60% of its theoretically possible performance.

This is only really an issue if the performance disparity is very large. As long as you have playable framerates and no wild swings, its generally nothing to worry about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VcytCt02eE

Ahh i see, thank you for your time 🙇

1 hour ago, Hinjima said:

I think you dont quite understand the word bottlenecking and how it works. You are not alone in this and its very common.

The 5500 will pair nicely with an ARC a580 but I would rather recommend the RX 6600 as it is slightly faster 🙂

Bottlenecking has nothing to do with with companies like MSI, Asrock or ASUS. Its the components itself like the RTX 4070 or 7900 XTX for example.

The Ryzen 5500 would pair very well with an RX 6600 or Nvidia equivalent.

I see, thanks for the reccomendation (also hello again, thank you for helping me twice!) 

55 minutes ago, Winged Ass said:

I see, thanks for the reccomendation (also hello again, thank you for helping me twice!) 

No Problem 🙂  You can also DM me if you have any other questions or want my opinion on something.