LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

I've been looking for a cheap projector to do a backpack gaming set up, this isn't quite cheap but the tech at work is insane to me. 

Wow!!! This would make DevOps room more motivated than ever before!!!

Go LG!!!

I'm just imagining myself playing fifa 16 on this badass projector xD

Hi LTT Forums! Just made an account because giveaways are awesome, but i'll probably stick around for the forums anyways, just never got around to making an account before.

The LG PF1000U looks like it would fit amazingly in my tiny student apartment, I could throw a huge screen on the wall or even on the roof! Seems awesome.

It looks freaking awesome! 

It would be perfect for me and my girlfriends one bedroom apartment :)

I could actually use this against a plain wall in a small-ish condo, instead of just wishing a projector would be feasible

GW2: Vettexl.9726

On 7/9/2016 at 9:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

The screen resolution blew me away because the projector was very tiny and slick. This technology that LG has created is very impressive and these small projectors are the future. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

Man this would be so useful for the things I do like mobile movie night

The Pf1000u is an excellent looking and we'll designed piece of technology. It's amazing how far projectors have gotten  ,And it would be amazing to own such a piece of technology as the pf100pu projector

All i can say is that it looks cool, being small and compact. But 100" picture from 15" away. For that you really need warehouse.

60' from 4"? No more shadows from passing kids or velociraptors. Wants.

1. Its dam cool
  2. It would be great for impromptu movies
  3. ITS SOOOO COOOOOL!

It's low weight and and small form is perfect.  Who doesn't want a nice projector practically In their pocket.

Oh wow now that's a great projector for this day and age where laptops can have the gaming power of a full on desktop and thus aren't stuck to one room. I cant wait to see what people do with this

Looks neat and compact. Pretty sure I wouldn't have any issue to use it in my home setup.

The projector looks quite powerfull for such a compact and sleek looking projector. Never thought a projector could create such a big image standing so close a wall. It would be great to play games on that with my friends :o

I think the projector is awesome and It'd look amazing to play league on my wall!

Very cool, i would love to have a projector, i was thinking about buying one quite some time ago but the finances did not let me. But i really like the short throw optics since my room is small and this way i can fully utilize it. 

LTT LG GiveAway Tobi Meme.png

100in from 15in away?! SORCERY I SAY! I want this sorcery.

Pros: Golly, this project offers so much screen in such a compact form and it is less than 5 pounds. No wonder the LTT video teased it as a portable device. This projector has a NATIVE resolution of 1080p! Nice, considering a majority of projectors on the market are less than Full HD, natively. The fact that the bulb is LED explains its hefty lamp life at 30,000 hrs. Yikes. That's 10x more than your typical projector bulb. There appear to be plenty of I/O's with 2 HDMI's, 2 USB's Type A, an audio jack, an S/PDIF (optical), and a composite in (for your older devices). Though this has built in speakers, audio over Bluetooth is available.  An intriguing little projector for your movie and game nights, whether it is just you or a get together.

Cons: The frame rate is not indicated on the specs sheet. It may be likely this projector is 24Hz, 30Hz, or 60Hz. 60Hz support would be ideal. 1080p is great but its not the best, especially when you blow it up to 100in or more. The individual pixels become more apparent, especially for compact rooms. I would like to see a native 4K variant. 

"Hold on there, Tobi, 4K projectors are multitudes more expensive. No one is going to buy that."

"Who is going to buy this?"

Ah, yes, the price. It is $1399.99 MSRP...Can you imagine what kind of 4K TV or monitor you can buy at that price? A damn good one.

"But, Tobi, there is hardly any 4K content out there."

"Um, anyone who reads this HERE is likely looking to invest in 4K or at least has an interest. Besides, upscaling 1080p on a 4K screen will look better."

"Gee, Tobi, you have a point."

Would I use this if I had it?: Actually, yeah, if I could afford it. Sure, I would use it for what is...a theater device BUT there are two other uses I have for it: Presentations and in the motion capture studio.

Presentations: I just graduated  and I recently presented my team's Senior game project for our grad show. Every grad has a booth. Imagine a science fair but with computer graphics grads. My peers and I set up a game lounge for people to play our video game. We brought our own TV's to show case our work and games. We had the space but our TV's were only 24-36in...Oi...Though, it was still a success! Bigger screens would have drawn even more attention, for sure. This projector would have done just that, with less clutter.

Though, I am finished with school, this device would have been perfect for in-class presentations and I have to present a lot. I am an animator, I have to show my work constantly, especially at school. I lugged my own workstation to school for two years because their computers are to old (7 years old) for me to work on my projects, especially in Unreal Game Engine. Had this projector been available years ago, it would have served me well during my time at school and in the motion capture studio, especially with how bad our projectors were (they've updated some but they still aren't that great).

MoCap Studio: in the motion capture lab I work in, there is a projector outside of the capture zone. I do use it to see my self being recorded, but its resolution is lacking and it requires me to stand on a chair to navigate it. It works, but it is a pain to use and to read the interface of the software I use. It's 8ft away from the wall. Using the short throw projector would allow for screen clarity, ease of access, and a smaller footprint. I would be able to expand my capture volume if the ceiling projector was replaced. The current capture volume in the room is small enough as it is (10x11ft).

If the price comes down, I might consider saving up for this little projection beast.

Whew. That was a lot, eh? Well, thanks, if you read this far. Hope y'all enjoyed. Want that projector, eh? Good luck ;)

Hello this is the smallest and most powerful gaming projector I've seen

I think it will be an awesome projector for any night time gaming on a huge display, simply by just using an empty wall.

I think that's a great product of LG that I would definitely use if I had it!