Blizzard is suing cheat creator Bossland, claims they have cost Blizzard millions in lost sales.

Master Disaster

Blizzard has started court proceedings against the German creators of one of the most popular online cheating tools available, The hack is available for Blizzard titles including Overwatch. Of course Bossland claim they've done nothing wrong and that US court cannot pass judgement over them anyway. 

Games developer Blizzard is suing a German company over software that offers gamers advantages in its popular first-person shooter game Overwatch.

It is taking legal action against Bossland at a court in California over the "cheat" tools for that and various other titles.

It said that the tools lost it millions of dollars in sales and ruined the game for legitimate players.

But the German company said a US court would have no jurisdiction over it.

"Blizzard's business depends upon its games being enjoyable and fair for players of all skill levels, and Blizzard expends an enormous amount of time and money to ensure that this is the case," the games developer said in a statement.

"The Bossland hacks destroy the integrity of the Blizzard games, thereby alienating and frustrating legitimate players and diverting revenue from Blizzard to defendants."

The Bossland cheat tool Watchover Tyrant offers Overwatch players variety of features, including making enemies visible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36713061

Good luck proving their hack code directly caused you lost sales Blizzard, that's an uphill struggle if I ever saw one. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Blizzard has started court proceedings against the German creators of one of the most popular online cheating tools available, The hack is available for Blizzard titles including Overwatch. Of course Bossland claim they've done nothing wrong and that US court cannot pass judgement over them anyway. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36713061

Good luck proving their hack code directly caused you lost sales Blizzard, that's an uphill struggle if I ever saw one. 

This is the same company that won't make legacy servers for their most popular game? Integrity my ass.

Doesn't Blizzard have a no tolerance approach towards cheating for Overwatch? Regardless if you buy another copy, you're still banned...

If anything, it's making them more money.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Ever since blizzard got bought out by Activision the whole company has just got this feeling of being more seedy and corrupt. Just the true American company way sue everyone until there's no one left to sue.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

just dropping this in for reasons, among others, they mention blizzard's "way of working with hackers" and kinda hint to their reasons behind it.

If I wrote down here what I would like to see happen to these hackers... they would probably have to ban me for life from these forums.

Too often you see game hackers explaining their actions as "just having fun", "a good prank", "it's innocent", "an exercise",... It's just not. You're ruining a good experience for thousands and the devs / game industry as a whole is spending millions fixing this mess. It's about damn time that these criminal start paying up.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

42 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Doesn't Blizzard have a no tolerance approach towards cheating for Overwatch? Regardless if you buy another copy, you're still banned...

If anything, it's making them more money.

What? Are you serious? How is cheaters buying the game over and over going to off set revenue lost from a larger number of legitimate players who refuse to buy the game because of cheaters?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

5 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

What? Are you serious? How is cheaters buying the game over and over going to off set revenue lost from a larger number of legitimate players who refuse to buy the game because of cheaters?

I've never heard anyone say "I'm not buying this game because there are too many cheaters" to one of Blizzard's games, the only one I've ever heard it said about is the older CoD games, which I personally have never had an issue with. People not buying a game because of hackers is pretty rare, especially on new titles that aren't abandonware

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

12 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

If people are refusing to play a game because of cheaters, they shouldn't be playing any games at all. Every game has it's fair share of cheaters.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Hi Blizzard, now I'm certain u are a piece of shit. I was unsure until now.

Cheating should be punished and those making cheats too. They ruin any online game. Fuck them ! Hope Blizzard wins even though they claim cheating made hundreds of thousand of people to not purchase their game.

I personally didn't buy the game because of the stupidly high price tag. If CSGO (similar game really, two teams, no advantages by picking a certain  team. Balanced skill based) can cost as little as £10 ($15) then  game with little more effort can cost 4 times as much ! I would happily pay £20 ($30).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

9 minutes ago, TheElt said:

I've never heard anyone say "I'm not buying this game because there are too many cheaters" to one of Blizzard's games, the only one I've ever heard it said about is the older CoD games, which I personally have never had an issue with. People not buying a game because of hackers is pretty rare, especially on new titles that aren't abandonware

Maybe that's because you couldn't cheat in their other games? At least not in a way that affects other players or that can't be dealt with effectively? Wth kinda reasoning is this? No, people refusing to buy or support games because of cheaters is not rare. I don't know what rock you've been living under. Even for people who have bought the game, blizzard would like for them to but loot crates. So if cheating wasn't a widespread issue when they bought the game, but becomes one later on, that's list revenue for blizzard. Cut the crap please.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

7 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

If people are refusing to play a game because of cheaters, they shouldn't be playing any games at all. Every game has it's fair share of cheaters.

Wow, you're actually serious. Do you play any competitive games?

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Wow, you're actually serious. Do you play any competitive games?

I do. Name me one multiplayer game that doesn't have cheaters.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

I do. Name me one multiplayer game that doesn't have cheaters.

Name one you play that has widespread cheating and you kept playing.

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

R6S?

Easy. CS:GO.

Your turn.

Spoiler

wouldnt it be easier to put all the cheaters on seperate servers so they dont play with "normal" people?

instead of banning them

i guess if everyone on this server is cheating then its fair again

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Maybe that's because you couldn't cheat in their other games? At least not in a way that affects other players or that can't be dealt with effectively? Wth kinda reasoning is this? No, people refusing to buy or support games because of cheaters is not rare. I don't know what rock you've been living under. Even fit people who have bought the game, blizzard would like for them to but lot crates. So if cheating wasn't a widespread issue when they bought the game, but becomes one later on, that's list revenue for blizzard. Cut the crap please.

Any cheat can be dealt with, be it with admins keeping an eye on what's going on along with a player report system, or anticheat countermeasures coded into the game. Just like any game can be cheated in, regardless of who makes it, there just needs to be someone willing to make the cheat for the game regardless of if it's easy to detect or not. Hey, the CS series are known pretty well for aimbot and ESP, stuff like that, does that stop masses of people from buying them? An f2p abandonware game I play now called Build and Shoot has a lot of cheaters because the hacks are so readily available, that's still doing well and it doesn't put people off playing it, because the servers have countermeasures to hacking like admins. No, it's only lost revenue for the developer if the cheating stops someone from buying the game, if I bought Overwatch then stopped playing after 5 minutes due to hackers galore (Which isn't an issue) that's not lost revenue for Blizzard because I already bought the damn game. And with all of the stuff going around of how seriously Blizzard are taking cheaters in Overwatch, people know it's a safe game to buy if you don't want a game running wild with people cheating.

7 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

CS:S, Build and Shoot (Ace of Spades Classic), GTA 5, Planetside 2.

I'd put CoD 4 and 5 in there but my experiences differ from what other people say, I've come across a hacker or two at the most on PC.

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

16 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Easy. CS:GO.

Your turn.

Steam has VAC. So while it might sometimes take long for cheaters to get banned, they do get banned. Not to mention there are even ESEA servers where they are dealt with more swiftly. Everyone else is just going around in casual servers. People don't care about creating much in tf2 because it's not competitive and everyone just fools around.

But let's say for a second that none of these existed. With frequent steam sales, a lot of people got csgo for pennies. Blizzard dies but have these kinds of sales, so if someone is going to sink $40+ into a game, they're going to care what their experience is. To say that they won't is asinine. I would not have spent $200 on league of legends if cheating was an issue.

10 minutes ago, TheElt said:

Any cheat can be dealt with, be it with admins keeping an eye on what's going on along with a player report system, or anticheat countermeasures coded into the game. Just like any game can be cheated in, regardless of who makes it, there just needs to be someone willing to make the cheat for the game regardless of if it's easy to detect or not. Hey, the CS series are known pretty well for aimbot and ESP, stuff like that, does that stop masses of people from buying them? An f2p abandonware game I play now called Build and Shoot has a lot of cheaters because the hacks are so readily available, that's still doing well and it doesn't put people off playing it, because the servers have countermeasures to hacking like admins. No, it's only lost revenue for the developer if the cheating stops someone from buying the game, if I bought Overwatch then stopped playing after 5 minutes due to hackers galore (Which isn't an issue) that's not lost revenue for Blizzard because I already bought the damn game. And with all of the stuff going around of how seriously Blizzard are taking cheaters in Overwatch, people know it's a safe game to buy if you don't want a game running wild with people cheating.

CS:S, Build and Shoot (Ace of Spades Classic), GTA 5, Planetside 2.

I'd put CoD 4 and 5 in there but my experiences differ from what other people say, I've come across a hacker or two at the most on PC.

Did you not see that part where they also sell loot crates or was that just inconvenient to you. And do you think that everyone who wants overwatch has bought it already?

20 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

R6S?

You mean the 5 people still playing that game? YOU are not evidence that other people didn't stop playing because of cheating 

Did you not see that part where they also sell loot crates or was that just inconvenient to you. And do you think that everyone who wants overwatch has bought it already?

If you're using in-game purchases as an argument for them losing money, then you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. By that logic, anyone playing any game that has microtransactions, but they chose not to pay, can be sued by the company for making them lose sales.

You play TF2 and don't buy anything? Valve can sue you for loss of revenue!

You play CS:GO and don't buy anything? Valve can sue you for loss of revenue!

You play World of Tanks and don't buy anything? Wargaming can sue you for loss of revenue!

You play Planetside 2 and don't buy anything? Daybreak can sue you for loss of revenue!

You play WoW and don't buy anything? Blizzard can sue you for loss of revenue!

You play Overwatch and don't buy anything? Blizzard can sue you for loss of revenue!

2 minutes ago, TheElt said:

If you're using in-game purchases as an argument for them losing money, then you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. By that logic, anyone playing any game that has microtransactions, but they chose not to pay, can be sued by the company for making them lose sales.

You play TF2 and don't buy anything? Valve can sue you for loss of revenue!

You play CS:GO and don't buy anything? Valve can sue you for loss of revenue!

You play World of Tanks and don't buy anything? Wargaming can sue you for loss of revenue!

You play Planetside 2 and don't buy anything? Daybreak can sue you for loss of revenue!

You play WoW and don't buy anything? Blizzard can sue you for loss of revenue!

You play Overwatch and don't buy anything? Blizzard can sue you for loss of revenue!

How old are you? Only a child who has no idea how money is made in the adult world would say something this dumb.