New amd beta driver crashing gpu's

Xsilent(X)

Seems like the new amd beta driver crashing down gpu's

tmp_28504-IMG_20160702_174414-122501438.jpg

These artifacts are always popping up everywhere on boot and in the os, can't even boot into safe mode even other amd gpu's are the same artifacts on boot needed to place a 960 to wipe out the driver. ReTweet this that amd needs to know this.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Lol and I thought we needed a source for this. 

Reinstall driver, use DDU. Or go back to the older stable version. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Or go back to the older stable version. 

Which is from, what, five years ago?

An exaggeration, of course, but still a nagging issue overall for AMD.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

why is this on the news section? Just properly reinstall the drivers...

3 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

Both camps have had some rough patches. Nvidia has also had an entire branch that caused issues with SLI users in particular. 

4 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

no, they have been making very stable drivers, just go back one or two versions and he should be fine

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

12 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

This is a beta driver, get used to bugs and problems.

The problem is that I would say 50% or more of AMD's driver releases are beta drivers.

CPU: Intel Core i3 4370 (3.8GHz, 2C/4T) GPU: AMD R9 380X 4GB

1 minute ago, NuclearPeace said:

The problem is that I would say 50% or more of AMD's driver releases are beta drivers.

Yea, there are normally lots of beta realses before the final one. If you care about stability never run beta

2 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Both camps have had some rough patches. Nvidia has also had an entire branch that caused issues with SLI users in particular. 

I was referring to the classification contrast between "beta" and "stable/WHQL".

1 minute ago, themaniac said:

no, they have been making very stable drivers, just go back one or two versions and he should be fine

Again, from the differences between classifications, I respectfully disagree.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

16 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

This is a beta driver, get used to bugs and problems.

Most AMD drivers are beta drivers. you'll usually get a handful of WHQL drivers per year at best.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

No source? Could be an isolated incident.

Its a beta driver... revert to previous driver

Erm... the last non-beta AMD driver was from end of March.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I can confirm that the gpu's are dead at the same time omg. Drivers broke my cards. Thanks teamred does not even post with them. With the 960 no problem.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

4 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

I was referring to the classification contrast between "beta" and "stable/WHQL".

Problem is WHQL does not mean stable. Some of these unstable drivers have been WHQL certified. It's meaningless.

In the same way an Nvidia Game Ready (that's newspeak for beta) can be stable or not stable.

An AMD WHQL driver has also been unstable fairly recently I believe. It's really just a load of bollocks at this point. 

Look for a known stable driver (if a recent driver is not stable, rollback to the previous one or research it) whether it says WHQL, beta, game ready - that's all you can go by. The terms themselves have no relevance.

21 minutes ago, Xsilent(X) said:

I can confirm that the gpu's are dead at the same time omg. Drivers broke my cards. Thanks teamred does not even post with them. With the 960 no problem.

The drivers won't break the card, and is this just one incident, proof of multiple would be good.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

39 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

Yea, like Nvidia. First driver install and I already had to downgrade. Still had bsods but isn't as severe as the latest ones. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

At least it clearly says it's a beta driver, compared to some nvidia driver issues in the past :P

Stuff like this can happen, i'm expecting this will be solved soon if the trend of amd driver releases continues.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Either it's PEBCAC or you just go back to 16.6.1. No problem for me here.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

june 29 drivers are working fine for me too

49 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

WHQL certication means you sent it to Microsoft and they blindly rubber stamp it after you pay them a fee. It does not require any proof of stability or function.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

works fine for me

is this a widespread occurrence?

or have we started making news posts each time somebody's pc crashes?

AMD's drivers have been rock solid stable for me for 3 years now, there has not been a release that i have had a major problem with....and i am running the usually troubling triple monitor setup....Sure my 3rd monitor doesn't always switch on right away (seems much better with this driver). but other than that they have been fine.

The drivers are just Beta in name.........Have you ever seen a final driver?  

OP....it's more likely that you card just failed and was on its way out before you installed the latest driver, rather than the driver killing your card....

I highly doubt the driver caused your card to go to full load with excess voltage without turning your fans on....which would have had to have happened to have killed it in such away as you are showing. It probably an unlucky coincidence that your card died while installing new drivers..........oh well, shit happens.

What you are showing in your screen happened to my old 8800gts a few weeks ago, the Gpu just died, no driver install to cause it, it just died.

Unlucky :(

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

By the way, you need to report bugs to AMD if you want a fix. It doesn't really help to post it here unless you hope for it blow up to the point it somehow reaches AMD.

@Xsilent(X) Report it here if you actually want AMD to see the report and fix the issue: www.amd.com/report

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

this should be moved to troubleshooting or graphics card section. Somebody's pc crashing is not news.