Why is Linustechtips so far behind???

So LinusTechtips was the FIRST to ever get a sample of the RX480 from AMD.

There is even a video confirming it. 

So why is it tech of tomorrow gets to do a review on it, before Linus/Luke?

(Don't have vessel, so I don't know if they're out there alerady, but they land on youtube too damn late, compared to other reviewers)

Instead I feel we get reviews about cases and other non-primary stuff.

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

1 minute ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

There is even a video confirming it. 

So why is it tech of tomorrow gets to do a review on it, before Linus/Luke?

(Don't have vessel, so I don't know if they're out there alerady, but they land on youtube too damn late, compared to other reviewers)

Instead I feel we get reviews about cases and other non-primary stuff.

Well since the NDA clears in little over an hour, I'd say it's because LTT holds to their agreements?

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Because Tech Tomorrow didn't respect the NDA which lifts in an hour and 20 minutes from now

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

Pretty sure its on vessel. As I understand it all videos are released earlier on vessel.

Specs:

CPU: i5-6500 3.2 GHz Mobo: ASRock H110M-HDV RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2133 MHz DDR4 GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition Storage: 120GB Sandisk Ultra II 1 TB WD HDD 7200 RPM PSU: Antec VP600P 600W Display: CrossOver 2795QHD 2560x1440 105 Hz OC OS: Windows 10 64 bit

1 minute ago, Speshul_ said:

Pretty sure its on vessel. As I understand it all videos are released earlier on vessel.

The video was posted and took back this morning, it will release at the same time on both platforms I think

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

2 minutes ago, BbsMentos said:

The video was posted and took back this morning, it will release at the same time on both platforms I think

oh ok cool

Specs:

CPU: i5-6500 3.2 GHz Mobo: ASRock H110M-HDV RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2133 MHz DDR4 GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition Storage: 120GB Sandisk Ultra II 1 TB WD HDD 7200 RPM PSU: Antec VP600P 600W Display: CrossOver 2795QHD 2560x1440 105 Hz OC OS: Windows 10 64 bit

6 minutes ago, martward said:

Well since the NDA clears in little over an hour, I'd say it's because LTT holds to their agreements?

Oh, so ToT has actually released the video before the Non Disclosure Agreement is over? 
I thought it was past already? How long is that? And how would I know?

-Of course full respect for holding Non-Disclosure-Agreements.

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

ToT being the good guy and the bad guy at the same time. Nice lel.

11 minutes ago, Speshul_ said:

Not all, they are allowed to release a couple videos to YouTube and Vessel at the same time (and major reviews were always released at the same time, that's why this is weird)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

That's because they respect NDA ;)

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Not all, they are allowed to release a couple videos to YouTube and Vessel at the same time (and major reviews were always released at the same time, that's why this is weird)

I think the week early thing on vessel is only for series like scrapyard wars or Holy $H!T and other non time relative videos (I'm not on vessel btw)

6 minutes ago, Quibiss said:

Because influencers like LTT don't have to be the first people (even though being amongst the first sources is profitable of course) to post content to rake in the views. Also, if you break NDAs/embargos it'll be most likely your first and last time, and that hurts the revenue in the long run.

Well since LTT is so big, I actually kind of expect them, to be the best?

In that sense, be the first at the scene, be the first to benchmark the important stuff, like new cpu's, GPU's and the upcoming consoles. That's why I watch them. 
I mean, if Digital Foundry releases PS4 "4k" benchmarks before LTT, of course I will watch those first. Won't wait for LTT to upload.

Not trying to be harsh, but they're one of the big guys on the market, and I expect much from them. 

6 minutes ago, BbsMentos said:

I think the week early thing on vessel is only for series like scrapyard wars or Holy $H!T and other non time relative videos (I'm not on vessel btw)

Yeah, pretty much. But big reviews like this would come out at the same time (but a few hours apart is possible too, maybe they just had some issues on YouTube)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, Minibois said:

It makes sense, otherwise they'd be a week behind everyone else on the big stuff.

5 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Oh, so ToT has actually released the video before the Non Disclosure Agreement is over? 
I thought it was past already? How long is that? And how would I know?

-Of course full respect for holding Non-Disclosure-Agreements.

The NDA is over in an hour and five minutes, Youtube will probably overflow with videos on the RX480 at that moment. I don't think LTT will publish a video like this on Vessel first but I'm not sure. Keep in mind that the amount of editing LTT does with their videos is much more than most other tech channels as far as I know.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

3 minutes ago, Julian2000nl said:
  • Linus never gives attention to AMD cause he's on the green team
  • Linus is lazy
  • Vessel

False, he always gave a chance to AMD cards (see the 7 gamers 1 cpu)

False, he actually runs a 15+ employees business and still finds time to make videos

False, Vessel is not a week early for all the videos on LTT

:)

1 minute ago, martward said:

The NDA is over in an hour and five minutes, Youtube will probably overflow with videos on the RX480 at that moment. I don't think LTT will publish a video like this on Vessel first but I'm not sure. Keep in mind that the amount of editing LTT does with their videos is much more than most other tech channels as far as I know.

They've had the card for quite some time now, they're probably ready now and they just wait for the NDA to be over :)

31 minutes ago, Speshul_ said:

NDA limited reviews usually come out on both vessel and youtube at the same time, It's mostly their more casual content that comes on vessel first

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

1 minute ago, Julian2000nl said:

Damnit xD 

I'll also add that it's not because someone prefers a brand to an other that he is in any team, all this is part of the glorious PC masterrace and linus happens to use nvidia technology more than AMD technology, that's it. If you looked in the past videos, his coverage on AMD's side is almost as complete as the Nvidia side :)

I was wondering why they don't release any video today, I guess they will be releasing RX480 video.

But they unlocked the supposed to be released video on vessel already, somehow not uploaded on Youtube until now.

NDA, also did you even watch any of the videos from Mexico? They actually took a break for once and I'm happy for them 

Spoiler

Because LTT isn't stupid and won't break the AMD set NDA. Which hasn't lifted yet, but ToT decided to cash-out on being the first to plop out a badly made review.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

12 minutes ago, MilkJugg24 said:

NDA, also did you even watch any of the videos from Mexico? They actually took a break for once and I'm happy for them 

Yes I watched the Workation. 

Great for them to take some time off. But big important stuff can be pre-hand. That's the beauty of non-live streaming. 
The rest can come delayed, don't care. But big news, should be spot on.

15 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

Because LTT isn't stupid and won't break the AMD set NDA. Which hasn't lifted yet, but ToT decided to cash-out on being the first to plop out a badly made review.

Yeah, wasn't aware of the NDA agreement. 

How do you know how long it lasts, and until when?

I have no clue.