3440x1440 or 2560x1080 with Titan X

Hello 

Probably this Topic isn't new but I'm gonna ask anyways.

So Currently I am running 2560x1440 32 " monitor with a Titan X and Framerates are fairly high with about 50-60 Fps in Games like Ark, Witcher and even higher in not so demanding games, what is to be expetcted.

Now my Montior is getting a bit too small and i want to buy a 34 curved monitor and there are ones with 3440x1440 or 2560x1080,

Will my Titan X (Gigabyte Reference) be able to handle this resolution and still deliever solid fps between 40-50. ( Note I dont mind not setting all options to max as long as it still looks fairly nice.)

Or should i buy a 2560x1080 resolution one and be on the safe side. Or does that resolution look terrible?

Little Side Question: Is it worth to pay 500 bucks more just for gsync? 

Regards 

Cesar

PS: Hope my english is not too terrible

I would get the 3440x1440, you don't mind to turn down the quality so you will be fine.

But i think the 2560x1080 with 32" will look crap compared to the monitor you have now so that would be more of a downgrade than an upgrade...

And 500 bucks for g-sync, nope! waaay to much.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

It's worth it for a G-SYNC monitor, worth every penny.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

8 minutes ago, kajamu said:

Hello 

Probably this Topic isn't new but I'm gonna ask anyways.

So Currently I am running 2560x1440 32 " monitor with a Titan X and Framerates are fairly high with about 50-60 Fps in Games like Ark, Witcher and even higher in not so demanding games, what is to be expetcted.

Now my Montior is getting a bit too small and i want to buy a 34 curved monitor and there are ones with 3440x1440 or 2560x1080,

Will my Titan X (Gigabyte Reference) be able to handle this resolution and still deliever solid fps between 40-50. ( Note I dont mind not setting all options to max as long as it still looks fairly nice.)

Or should i buy a 2560x1080 resolution one and be on the safe side. Or does that resolution look terrible?

Little Side Question: Is it worth to pay 500 bucks more just for gsync? 

Regards 

Cesar

PS: Hope my english is not too terrible

3440x1440, definitely.

If you have the cash, I say go for a G-Sync monitor.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I had a 3440x1440 on a 980ti and it was great so I'd say get that as a 1080p panel would be a bit of a downgrade.

You can run 3440x1440 with TitanX even in games like Witcher 3, just not maxed out. Some of the most demanding settings set to high and you will be able to stay inside 50-60 FPS range. In very most of games maxed out without issues. 

G-sync 3440x1440 monitors are terribly overpriced and have horrible quality issues, so they are not worth it, and surely not extra $500 over standard ones. 

2560x1080 is pretty low for TitanX, like I said you can do 3440x1440 maxed out in 99% of games and lower settings a bit in the most demanding ones and use high instead of ultra.

For 3440x1440 curved I can recommend LG 34UC88, very good all around monitor with exceptionally high quality for very faulty 34" ultrawide market and it is kept in reasonable price, can be found at $799. And if you sometime happen to get AMD card, you will be able to utilize FreeSync and 75 Hz. 

You can also try your luck with those faulty 3440x1440 G-sync ones, but it will be stressful experience, and paying such huge money for such poor quality monitors and supporting all of this faultiness and lack of respect for customer is just non ethical, at least for me, this is why I got quality solution from LG and payed for something that is worth it and manufacturer who deserves it by creating much better product than others.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

11 minutes ago, Krzych said:

G-sync 3440x1440 monitors are terribly overpriced and have horrible quality issues, so they are not worth it, and surely not extra $500 over standard ones. 

No idea where you got that idea but you're wrong. I run a Acer Predator 1440 144hz monitor and it's worth every penny I paid. Please don't spread miss information.

11 minutes ago, App4that said:

No idea where you got that idea but you're wrong. I run a Acer Predator 1440 144hz monitor and it's worth every penny I paid. Please don't spread miss information.

You are spreading miss information by judging only by your unit and your price preferences without knowing about issues those monitors have and how frequent those issues are. Also there is no 3440x1440 144Hz monitor on the market so I don't know what you are talking about. First read, then write. 

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

10 minutes ago, App4that said:

welll...to be fair, you can get freesync monitors for like $0 on top of how much the manufacture may have sold it for so...you know xD 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Apparently theres a rumor that nvidia is going to support freesync so if anything get a freesync monitor.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

1 minute ago, Krzych said:

You are spreading miss information by judging only by your unit without knowing about issues those monitors have and how frequent those issues are. Also there is no 3440x1440 144Hz monitor on the market so I don't know what you are talking about. First read, then write. 

When did I say 3440? I was talking about my monitor. And what known issues? Any product will have someone saying they have an issue. Where is this "issue" with G-SYNC monitors? Other than your bias...

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

welll...to be fair, you can get freesync monitors for like $0 on top of how much the manufacture may have sold it for so...you know xD 

And that saving comes at the cost of performance. Not much, but enough to get me to buy a G-SYNC. Sucks, because I was looking at the Vega cards as they should come in under the 1080ti. But I'm not going to be changing this monitor out anytime soon. Had to be the best.

Spend the money on the monitor, they last a lot longer then any CPU/GPU.  Even if you have to use scaling and send 1080 to a 1440....  In a year or two you'll be able to drive it for cheap.

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

9 hours ago, App4that said:

When did I say 3440? I was talking about my monitor. And what known issues? Any product will have someone saying they have an issue. Where is this "issue" with G-SYNC monitors? Other than your bias...

Not only you cannot read but also you have zero knowledge. First learn to read, because now you are completely out of point, generalizing and referring to something I didn't even say, you would know that if you could read something properly and understand it, then get some knowledge to have something sensible to answer with, because now you seem to be completely out of reality and from some different world, and then we talk, because now your lack of basic reading skills and lack of knowledge is just making this conversation pointless, to the point when my keyboard is angry at me because I am even replying to you and wasting it. 

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Krzych said:

Not only you cannot read but also you have zero knowledge. First learn to read, because now you are completely out of point, generalizing and referring to something I didn't even say, you would know that if you could read something properly and understand it, then get some knowledge to have something sensible to answer with, because now you seem to be completely out of reality and from some different world, and then we talk, because now your lack of basic reading skills and lack of knowledge is just making this conversation pointless, to the point when my keyboard is angry at me because I am even replying to you and wasting it. 

Donald? Is that you Mr. Trump?

5 hours ago, App4that said:

Donald? Is that you Mr. Trump?

I thought you cannot go any lower in this discussion, but apparently I was wrong :P:D 

Spoiler

On 15/06/2016 at 8:33 AM, Hero7750 said:

Apparently theres a rumor that nvidia is going to support freesync so if anything get a freesync monitor.

Absolute BS

55 minutes ago, Krzych said:

I thought you cannot go any lower in this discussion, but apparently I was wrong :P:D 

My... you are cocky for a relatively new member to the boards...

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

Alright, I went from a 45inch 1080p 60hz Tv and the screen tearing was terrible so naturally I turned on V-sync then my experience did improve but still had some artifacts especially in games like Arma 3, The Crew even Bf4.  I have a 980ti to a stable OC verified by 2hr in valley another in heaven mark, now I know people are going to disagree but i got a new Acer Predator 34-inch Curved UltraWide 3440x1440p with G-sync. It is night and day for me I have no screen tearing not even any jittering in the same games.  I OC'ed the monitor to 100hz and I have no regrets, everyone will say you are wasting money but it is worth it if you want a beautiful and flowing gaming experience.  This is my experience and it probably will vary but i definitely  would recommend the monitor which I will link here .  But I'm sure any G-sync will work but in the end it's up to you, I am able to run most games maxed with my 980ti and 6700k. So I'm sure you'll have no problem.  

Gaming Rig CPU:6700k 4.6  MoBo:MSI Z170A  

RAM:Rip Jaw 32GB DDR4 3000mhz

GPU1:EVGA 980TI Classified

GPU2: EVGA 980TI SC  PSU:Cosair AXi 1000

Cooling:Cosair H115i

Amd build I upgraded from:http://pcpartpicker.com/list/TgZJ8K 

Predator X34 monitor 

3 hours ago, Krzych said:

You make a lot of accusations, without offering any evidence to support them. Where is your evidence that there is an issue with G-SYNC monitors? Monitors used by a majority of testers, reviewers, and also used by people on this forum. Yet no one has brought light to any issue, nor has there been mass complaints.

So if you're going to post silly posts, expect a silly answer.

44 minutes ago, App4that said:

You make a lot of accusations, without offering any evidence to support them. Where is your evidence that there is an issue with G-SYNC monitors? Monitors used by a majority of testers, reviewers, and also used by people on this forum. Yet no one has brought light to any issue, nor has there been mass complaints.

So if you're going to post silly posts, expect a silly answer.

I could say that I am still waiting for you to go back to my original post you whined at and read it properly, but I am not going to waste my time here anymore. Have a nice day :P 

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Krzych said:

I could say that I am still waiting for you to go back to my original post you whined at and read it properly, but I am not going to waste my time here anymore. Have a nice day :P 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:09 PM, Krzych said:

You can run 3440x1440 with TitanX even in games like Witcher 3, just not maxed out. Some of the most demanding settings set to high and you will be able to stay inside 50-60 FPS range. In very most of games maxed out without issues. 

2560x1080 is pretty low for TitanX, like I said you can do 3440x1440 maxed out in 99% of games and lower settings a bit in the most demanding ones and use high instead of ultra.

For 3440x1440 curved I can recommend LG 34UC88, very good all around monitor with exceptionally high quality for very faulty 34" ultrawide market and it is kept in reasonable price, can be found at $799. And if you sometime happen to get AMD card, you will be able to utilize FreeSync and 75 Hz. 

You can also try your luck with those faulty 3440x1440 G-sync ones, but it will be stressful experience, and paying such huge money for such poor quality monitors and supporting all of this faultiness and lack of respect for customer is just non ethical, at least for me, this is why I got quality solution from LG and payed for something that is worth it and manufacturer who deserves it by creating much better product than others.

Where are the quality problems?

On 15/06/2016 at 8:09 AM, Krzych said:

Initial monitors might have suffered early QA problems, this is not more the exception to the norm...

On 15/06/2016 at 8:09 AM, Krzych said:

Again... misinformation based on out-dated references... and Acer RMA experiences don't seem to be as bad as you claim... not mentioning Asus as they are them. There are newer models announced at Computex that will be coming out with 100Hz set from the factory, even able to OC to 120Hz.

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

I would stick to 1440p Titan X is just a expensive 980ti and the 980ti can't push 4K. Unless you had 2 Titans. I say this because 4K isn't fun when your running medium settings. That's my 2 cents.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just so you know, a 34'' ultrawide monitor is technically smaller than a 32'' 16:9. At 34'' a 21:9 panel will have the height of a 27'' screen. That being said, it provides a better experience than 16:9 and there is no harm in buying an overkill monitor as you can just scale it to fit the screen or tweak settings. I don't know where you're from but $500 extra for G-sync sounds absurdly high and would not be worth it for the sake of removing screen tearing in the handful of games where it is a problem.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

2 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I would stick to 1440p Titan X is just a expensive 980ti and the 980ti can't push 4K. Unless you had 2 Titans. I say this because 4K isn't fun when your running medium settings. That's my 2 cents.

But 3440x1440x isnt 4k ist a bit less demanding than 4k but a bit mor than 2560x1440p

I shouldnt have to explain this... :D