AMD Radeon RX 480 Leak

hazzerjt
1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

See? Nothing to fret. It's actually better if you wait, people can summarize the event for you.

Yeah, but it would still be nice to see it live.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

So great to see the more larger performance with new gen at lower price. Will be interesting to see how Polaris will fair once released. I have R9 290 so Vega top card would be my aim for upgrade, looking forward to that :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

7 hours ago, Citadelen said:

You're not a mod, just report it.

Sometimes I prefer a friendly reminder rather than reporting something.  A lot of times for something that I would consider very minor, I don't want the mod beating the poster over the head with a virtual iron beam (like the ones you see spanning a divided highway when construction workers are building a bridge). :)

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Yeah if you don't live in a part of the world were it starts like 4-5 in the morning.

It does here .. 0400 am AND I DONT CARE im still watching xD

Let's agree to disagree

I got bored reading the thread and just jumped to the end... so how many of you feel underwhelmed by what you saw?

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

17 minutes ago, GidonsClaw said:

I got bored reading the thread and just jumped to the end... so how many of you feel underwhelmed by what you saw?

Well, due to all the turned-out-to-be-True rumours ahead of the presentation, I was already informed of what it was going to be, and was happy about the high price/performance value confirmation. If the RX 480 was going to list for above $250, then I would have been underwhelmed. But it's listing for $200, and so I think this is going to be a good thing for the gaming market, and moving graphics forward by raising the bottom line of budget system capabilities. So, I see this as a very positive development - it's just not the card I'm going to be getting for myself.

Though, I would have loved to hear a confirmation of when Vega will be arriving.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

6 hours ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

-snip-

Thing is they'd do exactly the same thing as the person I was was reprimanding, just that they're not supposed to be doing it.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

I heard it was $200 for the 480X. 

So if this is true, the $200 GPU is ahead of the GTX 980 which is awesome actually.

A $200 980 is awesome even now considering used 970's go for around $250. If only AMD's cards had shadowplay. I'd probably sell my 970 for the Polaris if it really is THAT much better. I don't want a reference card though, I'd have to get an Tri X or something.

I'm sort of more interested in seeing REAL benchmarks of Polaris than Pascal at this point simply based on price/performance. If AMD continues this route and have $500 MONSTER cards with VEGA... this could get REAL interesting.

6 hours ago, alphaproject said:

I heard it was $200 for the 480X. 

So if this is true, the $200 GPU is ahead of the GTX 980 which is awesome actually.

A $200 980 is awesome even now considering used 970's go for around $250. If only AMD's cards had shadowplay.

$200 for 480 4GB, $230 for 480 8GB. 
480x probably come after Vega to fill price/performance gap.

Probably on par with 980 but no idea about overclocking capability just yet.

What you mean? 480 have h265 built in hardware decoder that capable to record 4K@60fps, probably we'll see update to Plays.TV few months later to support that.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

$200 for 480 4GB, $230 for 480 8GB. 
480x probably come after Vega to fill price/performance gap.

Probably on par with 980 but no idea about overclocking capability just yet.

What you mean? 480 have h265 built in hardware decoder that capable to record 4K@60fps, probably we'll see update to Plays.TV few months later to support that.

The RX 480 IS the 480X. If anything, the R480 (if it's even called that) will be slightly cut down just like with the 380 and 380X.

Seems like AMD is doing away with the R*insert number here*. If you get an RX 470 you get a full chip with all the stuff in it for that price range. If you get the R470 (or something like that), you get a slightly cut-down version. Similarly, I expect AMD to do the same with the high-end stuff. If you get an RX490, you get the full beast of a GPU. Get the R490, and you get a slightly cut-down version.

Ye ole' train

43 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

The RX 480 IS the 480X. If anything, the R480 (if it's even called that) will be slightly cut down just like with the 380 and 380X.

Seems like AMD is doing away with the R*insert number here*. If you get an RX 470 you get a full chip with all the stuff in it for that price range. If you get the R470 (or something like that), you get a slightly cut-down version. Similarly, I expect AMD to do the same with the high-end stuff. If you get an RX490, you get the full beast of a GPU. Get the R490, and you get a slightly cut-down version.

Doubt that because rumours about both consoles refresh will be using the same chip with the same core count mean't it's a cutdown version to improve yield.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |