Poll: Do you rather like, rather hate or not gonna buy EVGA's new ACX 3.0 1080?

Arct1c0n
2 minutes ago, OfficialJsP said:

Why not just use a forum poll instead of strawpoll.

Cause I hate forum poll

I have an EVGA Hybrid 980ti so i wont be buying another GPU until the the very end of this series or maybe even the series after xD

Doesn't really matter either way as you won't see the card anyway.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I haven't seen the new ACX3.0 cooler yet..

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

4 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

I haven't seen the new ACX3.0 cooler yet..

Google is your friend:

EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1080-FTW-900x833.jpg

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Don't mind the card, I'm not buying it because my 780 still does the job for now however when the 1080Ti comes out and they use the same design I'll probably get it.

Edit:

1 hour ago, Arct1c0n said:

Sorry but A LOT of us have windows on our rigs and enjoy looking at our stuff

Yes and most windowed cases still don't show the gpu cooler design apart from the side.

Edited by airdeano
Removed Quoted Images

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

1 hour ago, Arct1c0n said:

Sorry but A LOT of us have windows on our rigs and enjoy looking at our stuff

That is ridiculous. Pretty much similar to hillbilly car tuning if you ask me. 
Who cares about looks, I care about what it looks like on my monitor. 
RGB is because of people like you lol 

Edited by airdeano
Removed Quoted Images

Between a rock and a hard place on it. I like it but I don't, it doesn't meet the aesthetic my build is going for, but I have EVGA step-up, so my option is this, or keep a 980 Ti I can't OC.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

New one looks like it was designed by a tryhard 15 year old.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

It has the new-ish more aggressive, industrial look that NVIDIA seems to be going for with the ref--er--Founder's Edition cards, but I still prefer the ACX 2.0 and its cleaner lines.

Of course, if cooling performance is drastically improved, I really don't care if there's a picture of a dolphin wearing a swastika on the thing.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

40 minutes ago, jwakeford said:

That is ridiculous. Pretty much similar to hillbilly car tuning if you ask me. 
Who cares about looks, I care about what it looks like on my monitor. 
RGB is because of people like you lol 

37 minutes ago, Arct1c0n said:

Like I give a fuck what you like and dont like. A lot of us like showing our rigs like tuned cars. Stare at your black box, I don't care but a lot of us don't like boring black boxes. Now go back to minecraft French Fry

It is possible to both comment and/or respond to something we do not like or agree with without talking down to/making fun of/attacking the other individual. Lets be adult PC enthusiasts in our responses here not Gawker/Jezebel please.

EDIT:

IMO it's unfortunately a bit too overwrought for my tastes... For looks, I perfer Stealth bomber to Tuner Car.

Meh, I'm indifferent.  From an aesthetic POV, I think it will find its home in certain "rugged" looking cases.  The good thing about the 2.0 design was that it looked aesthetically pleasing no matter what setup you had it in.  Whatever the case, I'm curious what the OCing headroom actually is on it, having an extra 8 pin connector more than the reference design.

1 hour ago, Centurius said:

Don't mind the card, I'm not buying it because my 780 still does the job for now however when the 1080Ti comes out and they use the same design I'll probably get it.

Edit:

Yes and most windowed cases still don't show the gpu cooler design apart from the side.

Exactly. My whole point. -_-

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

1 hour ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

Btw, I also do care about looks of a/my pc. I don't pay money for something to look boring/ugly.

Thank you!

54 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Of course, if cooling performance is drastically improved, I really don't care if there's a picture of a dolphin wearing a swastika on the thing.

My mind is actually having difficulty imagining this....

46 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

For looks, I perfer Stealth bomber to Tuner Car.

Well here you go

ASUS-ROG-STRIX-GeForce-GTX-1080-VC-900x7

1 hour ago, Bhav said:

Its too expensive.

I can't solve that problem