What do you guys think about galaxy's video cards?

TheMidnightNarwhal

I was seing this Galaxy geforce gtx 770 and was wondering what you guys think about it? The looks are great but the thing is I never heard about this company. Don't know if I sould still get it or not. What do you guys think?

b2080.jpg

Pretty sexiest with a blue build

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I think they make fantastic cards, aesthetically they're more often than not superior; especially with their hall of fame edition cards. In terms of performance compared to other manufacturers, they are on par. Some of their lower end cards perform worse, some of their higher end cards perform better

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Galaxy is as good brand.. I would put them at the top of smaller brands like zotac, manli, pny, etc

They are pretty good imo because their cards are cheap and the build quality doesn't seem to be bad.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

So should I go for it? The thing is the warranty is only 1 year...

EDIT: I think it's 3 years, not sure.

How much is it and what website are you looking at for the pricing? The warranty depends on your region go to Support located on the bottom after selecting your region and click on product warranty.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

How much is it and what website are you looking at for the pricing? The warranty depends on your region go to Support located on the bottom after selecting your region and click on product warranty.

Ok yeah warranty is 2 years and price is 429.99 on NCIX.

Ok yeah warranty is 2 years and price is 429.99 on NCIX.

I would get this one since its cheaper and the cooler is better: http://www.ncix.ca/products/?affiliateid=7474144&sku=84358&vpn=N770%20TF%202GD5%2FOC&manufacture=MSI&promoid=1377

Galaxy is fine.  Go for it!

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

I was seing this Galaxy geforce gtx 770 and was wondering what you guys think about it? The looks are great but the thing is I never heard about this company. Don't know if I sould still get it or not. What do you guys think?

b2080.jpg

I think a 770 is a 770 is a 770............ ;)

Nice blue color though!

It doesn't really matter what card you get, it's a 770 and it will perform like a 770. Go and watch the 2 videos linus has posted on aftermarket coolers, find which one you like the performance+look of most, and buy it.

They wouldn't sell the cards to thousands of people if they were absolute worthless piles of junk (or maybe they would but I doubt it)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

No, I wouldnt... msi / eve / asus.

MSI ?  Please after Nvidia had to slap them I refuse to buy their products. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

MSI ?  Please after Nvidia had to slap them I refuse to buy their products. 

I broke records with their products  msi has been good to me!!

It doesn't really matter what card you get, it's a 770 and it will perform like a 770. Go and watch the 2 videos linus has posted on aftermarket coolers, find which one you like the performance+look of most, and buy it.

They wouldn't sell the cards to thousands of people if they were absolute worthless piles of junk (or maybe they would but I doubt it)

Yeah but the main thing I want to know isblike if galaxy is reliable and te card is well built.

That shroud looks like cheap glossy plastic...

Decent, but MSI and Asus are better brands IMO.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

They are all going to be the same chip. I have a galaxy reference 680 and asus reference 680 and the galaxy actually is slightly better (only because the asus has some coil whine). Both perform on par with each other though. I say go for it! Not enough galaxy cards in builds.

Their cards are engineered really good and they perform the same and OC very well but support for their cards are lacking. Drivers on their site are outdated and they don't answer your e-mails, or at least mine. I have had the 660ti 3Gb GC for the past 10 months now and i have not had a single problem. That being said, i would not buy from them again but only because of their terrible support.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Yeah but the main thing I want to know isblike if galaxy is reliable and te card is well built.

It's a 400$ graphics card from a popular company, of course it's going to be well built lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Galaxy cards are sweet.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715