NVIDIA Pascal High-Bandwidth SLI Bridge pictured

iiNNeX

" NVIDIA’s new SLI HB bridge doubles the available transfer bandwidth compared to the NVIDIA Maxwell™ architecture. Delivering silky-smooth gameplay, it’s the best way to experience surround gaming—and it’s only compatible with the GeForce GTX 1080. "

Pascal-SLI-HB.png

NVIDIA-SLI-HB-PASCAL.png

NVIDIA-Pascal-SLI-HB.jpg

Source: http://videocardz.com/59827/nvidia-pascal-high-bandwidth-sli-bridge-pictured

Not sure if this has been posted before, didn't see it anywhere. Anyway, what do you think ? 

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

1 minute ago, iiNNeX said:

" NVIDIA’s new SLI HB bridge doubles the available transfer bandwidth compared to the NVIDIA Maxwell™ architecture. Delivering silky-smooth gameplay, it’s the best way to experience surround gaming—and it’s only compatible with the GeForce GTX 1080. "

Pascal-SLI-HB.png

Source: http://videocardz.com/59827/nvidia-pascal-high-bandwidth-sli-bridge-pictured

Not sure if this has been posted before, didn't see it anywhere. Anyway, what do you think ? 

I really wish Nvidia would just use the PCI-E bus for everything like AMD's been doing for a while.

But that SLI bridge does look pretty slick.

Sig under construction.

high bandwidth sli bridge? so... old sli bridges cant be used anymore or it's snake oil? o.O

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

high bandwidth sli bridge? so... old sli bridges cant be used anymore or it's snake oil? o.O

it's double the bandwidth apparently and from what I've seen/heard it's a new connector with only the 1080 being able to use it as of this moment :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

No support for 3/4x SLI anymore it seems; as the new bridges needs to use both SLI fingers for max bandwidth.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

That's a similar fear I had. Not to mention, out of the 3 varying length SLI bridges, none of them seem to allow for triple or quad SLI. I have to believe EVGA or ASUS will come up with their custom bridges to fix this, but it just seems odd to not have them at the ready to sell more cards to the super enthusiasts. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

No support for 3/4x SLI anymore it seems; as the new bridges needs to use both SLI fingers for max bandwidth.

correct

2 minutes ago, MageTank said:

That's a similar fear I had. Not to mention, out of the 3 varying length SLI bridges, none of them seem to allow for triple or quad SLI. I have to believe EVGA or ASUS will come up with their custom bridges to fix this, but it just seems odd to not have them at the ready to sell more cards to the super enthusiasts. 

Yes for the time being you will only be able to use these new "HB" bridges with 2 way SLI. That will likely change as time goes on, but they should have just followed AMD's route and eliminate bridges all together :/

3 minutes ago, MageTank said:

so... either their cards are coming with this new SLI bridge for free or riot? o.O

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

11 minutes ago, Tedster said:

I really wish Nvidia would just use the PCI-E bus for everything like AMD's been doing for a while.

They use both apparently.....a while ago it was even possible to force Nvidia cards to run in SLi without the bridge at all.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

This is retarded... Couldn't they just get rid of those bridges like AMD did? Instead of creating new ones that won't be compatible with older ones...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Do they actually expect to saturate the PCI-E 3.0 bus and this new "high speed" bus too? Those bridges served a purpose 10 years ago, but they don't really need to exist now. Now it just seems like an added cost for 0 gain. Or negative gain if you think about losing 3x and 4x sli, though i really expect in the future they will add that back.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

18 minutes ago, Tedster said:

Why? Bridge connectors are inherently superior. You don't have to encode the communication through PCIe (adds latency), and it can actually provide more bandwidth. I'm personally disappointed Nvidia didn't go with NVLink to retire SLI, but w/e. Going bridgeless I think is a fundamental mistake.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

11 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

correct

Yes for the time being you will only be able to use these new "HB" bridges with 2 way SLI. That will likely change as time goes on, but they should have just followed AMD's route and eliminate bridges all together :/

I wonder if they are just banking on DX12 being able to utilize multiple cards without the bridges? I have not looked that much into DX12, but i recall someone mentioning multi-GPU without the need of bridges, even on Nvidia cards. If its scaling is just as good as current SLI, then that would probably work fine.

These Pascal cards should be pretty fast enough for any DX11 title anyways. At least, I would hope so, lol.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

What an over engineered huge pointless expensive thing. Just use the PCIe bus like competent engineers. It's not like any card that uses SLI (gaming) will max out a 16x (or even 8x) bus for that matter.

I mean look at this thing. Or EVGA's or MSI's. They cost like the same as a medium sized SSD.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I recall reading or hearing Jayztwocents say he was going to be replacing the three titan xs in his build with three 1080s. If three way SLI is not supported why would Nvidia supply him with three cards?

7 minutes ago, Dingus said:

I recall reading or hearing Jayztwocents say he was going to be replacing the three titan xs in his build with three 1080s. If three way SLI is not supported why would Nvidia supply him with three cards?

It is supported, just not with the new bridges.

36 minutes ago, Dingus said:

The system might be backwards compatible. 

The connectors look the same so it might (again, I'm just assuming) be possible to use the old bridges, but you don't get the double bandwidth then. 

linux master race.

SLI and Crossfire are not that hot anymore. PC market in general is not that large (in terms of enthusiast GPU), never mind the amount of CF/SLI systems. Sooner or later both manufacturers are going to trade it for something else as for developers it is a pain to bother themselves with such support when just a tiny percentage of users will need it.

Well pretty obvious that an sli bridge that uses both sli fingers has more bandwidth than one that only uses one finger isn't it? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

well, i wonder how much "bandwidth" they add with this. their old flexible/aftermarket one had 1GB/s capacity.

for reference, old crossfire bridge was 900MB/s (for some odd reason, CF bridge was slower, but made in the exact same manner)

5 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

This is retarded... Couldn't they just get rid of those bridges like AMD did? Instead of creating new ones that won't be compatible with older ones...

Nah they use that bandwidth for x64 tesselation.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Kinda off topic but I saw a custom build and the person had two of the old flexible SLI bridges that come with mobos connecting two EVGA gpus. Can you do this and run the system fine or does that mess stuff up? I could see system builders just putting an extra one on for pictures and not running the system with two bridges connected. I got a second bridge through an rma and would like to put it on if I can get away with it :P

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)