Headphones vs. Speakers for Gaming

Headphones vs. Speakers for Gaming  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Headphones or Speakers?

• Headphones
    • Speakers.

I just wanted to know what you guys thought. I have my own opinion.

IT'S A PRANK BRO!!!

Intel Core Duo T2300E / 1.66 GHz

512 MB DDR2 SRAM

60 GB HDD

Intel GMA 950

7 minutes ago, WeeWill said:

I just wanted to know what you guys thought. I have my own opinion.

So should we comment what we think is best and why or just click on speakers or headphones?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Headphones, who the fuck wants to hear echo in the backround if you have a mic on...

its really annoying

Russians my friend ;) 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

When I play tactical games I like using headphones because its better for hearing things. When I play games such as bf4/ gta v I like to use my speaker system cause I love the bass from gunfire, explosions, etc :D

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Speakers have greater potential, but may cost more or be more difficult to set up. There's also the issue of isolation/privacy.

Nothing beats gaming in surround sound

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I use headphones with the biggest soundstage I can afford, so I mainly use the K612 pro for gaming and if I want more bass I use my HE 560 with a little smaller soundstage. Sometimes I use speakers if I don't need positional audio.

I use surround speakers.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

8 minutes ago, spwath said:

I use surround speakers.

I knew you would say that xD 

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I knew you would say that xD 

Yeah, i just like my speakers so Much better than headphones. Can really feel bass, and nothing on my head

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just now, spwath said:

Yeah, i just like my speakers so Much better than headphones. Can really feel bass, and nothing on my head

I remembered that you have that 4.1 setup that you got for a pretty good price.

Please tell me that is you..

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I remembered that you have that 4.1 setup that you got for a pretty good price.

Please tell me that is you..

It iz

1 minute ago, spwath said:

It iz

Oh thank god. I don't trust my brain when I am sick xD 

Speakers are just so much more relaxing.  I love headphones, but even mediocre speakers have as good as or better imaging than great headphones.  Not really a fault with headphones, just a physical reality of having bigger drivers farther away from each other that both your ears can hear.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Depends on the season. Right now since its summer I cannot stand headphones. Im just using either ear buds or my speakers.

Speakers are more comfortable but either you use 5.1 speakers to get full surround sound or you go headphones with 5.1->2.0 via Dolby Headphone/SBX/CMSS/Razor surround etc to get that binaural like input for sound direction cues. Gaming on 2.0 isn't very competitive nor does it really show the full sound potential of a single player game.

• 11 months later...

There's no straight forward answer to this. To be honest you're going to need both.

I prefer Speakers overall. Z906 is the one that I own. 

for those people who say use this headphone for better bass or use that, clearly they hadn't have the experience of a bass shaking their internal organs. I mean why the hell would I play the . Battlefield 1 Mission: Friends in High Places: Total War with Headphones?!? 

There are only 2 problems with speakers:

1.You can't raise the volume high at all times. People around you'll say "TURN IT DOWN".

2.In online multiplayer where you HAVE to talk to other people. where 95% of the time I don't even bother.

Headphones are for outside use to listen to music people, or you want game in a kitchen where 5 chefs are cooking.