i cant go back to win 7

zerouplol12

I removed W8 from my laptop very soon after using it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yeah but the opposite..

Win7 to Win8, tried, didnt like.. Many times I have tried.....

Tried the start is back, and variants...... and the rest to get it how I like it...

Still do not like it...

Win8 compared to Win7, has a lot of options taken away from the user.

The abilities are still there, just unselectable via windows, but hidden behind the registry

User Friendly my Ass I cant stand it!.

FTR - I have 3 Win7 machines, 2 Win8 machines, 2 Win8 Lappy's, and 1 Win7 Lappy in this house.

W8 = Big F U to user tweakability and big hello to basic selections and more useless googling to find that Win8 removed some of W7's selectable options that I use.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I like Windows 8 on a touch screen laptop I have. Can't imagine it without touch though.... That's the problem, still have Windows 7 on my desktop. I tried Windows 8.1 for a while until I really started seeing the bugs, but I really do think that it will help a lot of the things people have been complaining about.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

yea cant go back to 7. i just really dont want to. windows 8 is a legitimate upgrade to windows 7 imo

Yeah but the opposite..

Win7 to Win8, tried, didnt like.. Many times I have tried.....

Tried the start is back, and variants...... and the rest to get it how I like it...

Still do not like it...

Win8 compared to Win7, has a lot of options taken away from the user.

The abilities are still there, just unselectable via windows, but hidden behind the registry

User Friendly my Ass I cant stand it!.

FTR - I have 3 Win7 machines, 2 Win8 machines, 2 Win8 Lappy's, and 1 Win7 Lappy in this house.

W8 = Big F U to user tweakability and big hello to basic selections and more useless googling to find that Win8 removed some of W7's selectable options that I use.

I guess user friendly nowdays means that your grandma won't crash the whole PC by pressing a few buttons here and there...

Personally I love win7, I've used windows 8 and it just seems so difficult on a desktop... Windows 7 imo is better for at least a power user, maybe not for your average PC user.

EDIT: Yes, windows 8 is nice if you have a touch screen, aka on tablets.

after using win 8 for 4 months i feel like i couldnt use win 7 again ,dosent anyone feel this way

I feel the same. I just can't use windows 7 after I have used 8. I went back to 7 after 6 months and after 3 hours went back to 8 again.

\

I love windows 8.1 

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

I like Windows 8 and am waiting for 8.1, can use win 7 if I need to, my old netbook has wind xp and I like that too, just a shame I will have to let it go soon  :(

Cry Havoc!

I felt the same after a couple of months using it (still do from time to time) but it's grown on me.  I even thought of downgrading to Windows 7 at one point but eventually learned how to work around the quirks of Windows 8 and appreciate some of its features.  I just spend most of my time on the OS in desktop mode.

I think 8.1 will do enough for people to accept it.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I really like Windows 8. Make no mistake, it's heavily geared towards touch which puts a lot of people off. But once you either "fix" it (by using a start button replacement for example) or get used to it, it's such a nice OS to use. Booting Windows 8 on an SSD is a dream. After using Windows 8 for a while now, I have no urge to go back to Windows 7.

CM 690 II Lite | Crucial M4 128GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda Intel i5 2500k @ stock | Sapphire HD 7950 3GB Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Corsair TX650 V2 

Windows 8 Professional 64bit 

I really like Windows 8 as well. I can't go back to Windows 7.

You just need to spend a month with Windows 8, learn it, and you see how more powerful it is over Windows 7.

People going back to previous version of Windows, is nothing new. People did it even with Windows 7. I even remember when OEMs even made Task bar replacement programs.

People are just afraid of change.