Suppose its 2005. What products/tech are we hyped for?

Go to solution Solved by NumLock21,
38 minutes ago, PeloyGeek said:

Sounds fun tbh 

Yep it was fun. None of the motherboards during that time has a specific color scheme. It has many colors, It was all about who has the most fancy heat sink design, so it's always exciting to see what the board makers can come up with. Imo, MSI, gets top points for their roller coaster heat sink. ATi and Nvidia both just started introducing their dual gpu setup, CrossFire and SLI. Want LED light strips? Nope they don't exist. Want Light in your PC, then you'll have to get a cold cathode tube.

Soo, i was 6 years old in 2005, i suppose most of you are older than me and probably been into tech for a longer time that i've been.

what products/games, processor's are coming out? How does the current generation hold up with games and graphics?  What pages/forums were popular? 

Any of you that were using linux by this time? and if so what was better than windows at that ? was it already being a big thing between pc enthusiasts, and was it fighting strong against windows ?

2005? probably the 7000 GT series gpu?

and pentiums, the core 2 starts around 2006~2007-ish

and good ol windows XP `-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2005? I barely remember yesterday let alone 11 years ago

This list is kinda cool

http://www.pcworld.com/article/120763/article.html?page=12

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

10 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

probably the 7000 GT series gpu

lol I still have one of those :P

Its automatic, just press this button!

1 minute ago, mrgooglegeek said:

lol I still have one of those :P

i have a core 2 duo and 9600 GT machine gathering dust lol

can still game decently tbh

Just now, Moonzy said:

60fps minesweeper ezpz, what else do you need in life?

Just now, PeloyGeek said:

60fps minesweeper ezpz, what else do you need in life?

as long as i can cookie clicker and agar.io

my life is complete

Just now, Moonzy said:

There's a bright red ATI 1900xt on my desk right now... man that thing weighs a ton... I actually had it in a streaming pc until a few days ago

Its automatic, just press this button!

There's a bright red ATI 1900xt on my desk right now... man that thing weighs a ton... I actually had it in a streaming pc until a few days ago

i have an ATi X550 laying around on my desk, under a ton of paper

i guess it'll still work because tech those days dont break easily as today's `-`

remember nokia 3310?

3 minutes ago, mrgooglegeek said:

I had one. I set it on fire :D Well, only the plastic shroud... It did not smell nice... xD

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

i have an ATi X550 laying around on my desk, under a ton of paper

i guess it'll still work because tech those days dont break easily as today's `-`

remember nokia 3310?

You mean indestructokia 3310?

I was given a bright red HIS x1950 Pro IceQ3, but the retard I got it off was a die hard nvidia fanboy, so he removed the cooler and "Put 12 Volts through it". When I tested the card,  it was sadly very dead. 

Dual core Pentium especially the Extreme... yes it was 2 Pentium 4s fused together, but it was awesome at the time

Pentium_Extreme_Edition.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

I think 2005 was before dual core came out.

Even then I was testing the performance of CPUs for their ability to find prime numbers. The Xeon was P4 architecture, and I ran a dual socket so with HT for 4 threads! I remember the first GPU I put in that Xeon rig was a GF 6800 Ultra. Was that the leaf blower/flamethrower joke one? I can't be sure any more.

So at the time I had multiple Shuttle computers. That was before Mini-ITX I think. On AMD side I had Athlon XP and Athlon 64 CPUs.

llr_perf.png

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

27 minutes ago, porina said:

I think 2005 was before dual core came out.

Even then I was testing the performance of CPUs for their ability to find prime numbers. The Xeon was P4 architecture, and I ran a dual socket so with HT for 4 threads! I remember the first GPU I put in that Xeon rig was a GF 6800 Ultra. Was that the leaf blower/flamethrower joke one? I can't be sure any more.

So at the time I had multiple Shuttle computers. That was before Mini-ITX I think. On AMD side I had Athlon XP and Athlon 64 CPUs.

Pentium D Extreme came out in May 2005... much hype! :P

Oh yeah I wanted the 6800 Ultra too mmm Ultra ^_^

http://www3.pcmag.com/media/images/88020-evga-e-geforce-6800-ultra.gif?thumb=y

I was stuck with EVGA FX5700LE (still have it too)

funny you mention the P4... I that was my dream chip in 2004 and I finally got an 3.46GHz Gallatin P4 Extreme in 2007 for my 478 socket which I still have and have a hacked "no NX bit" install of Windows 8.1 pro on... still runs great (really inefficient but fun) for a 12 year old PC... and yeah the 6800 was a leaf blower lol

50 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

2005? I barely remember yesterday let alone 11 years ago

This list is kinda cool

http://www.pcworld.com/article/120763/article.html?page=12

I still have my Digital Rebel XT and iPod Photo :P

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

12 minutes ago, HrutkayMods said:

Pentium D Extreme came out in May 2005... much hype! :P

My memory is struggling to go back that far. Did AMD bring out their duals first? I thought they did and Intel had to copy quick, or that could have been other feature like AMD64 > EM64T?

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

This was well before I got into PC gaming or whatnot so I'd say it was the launch of the Xbox 360 and ps3