Bang & Olufsen Shares plummit after the end of china takeover talks.

Ridska

Source : Bloomberg

Lately , Bang & Olufsen has been struggling in the Hi-Fi market, And this news shows it.

Friday’s decision is the latest twist in an uncertain, months-long sales process for the company and risks a disappointing outcome for investors in the Danish company. Qi Jianhong last week bought stock to boost his stake to almost 19 percent, following talks to buy all of Bang & Olufsen. Efforts to sell the company had produced just one suitor in Qi, who is also the largest shareholder of Sparkle Roll Group Ltd., a luxury-goods distributor listed in Hong Kong.

B&O, worth about $2 billion a decade ago, has sought a buyer for years to help it revive its fortunes. The maker of $8,000-plus TVs has struggled to win buyers for its products as prices for flat-screen sets tumble and more people listen to music on smartphones rather than home music systems. Reports of takeover interest have appeared intermittently since 2008, when former chief Torben Ballegaard Soerensen was ousted and disappointing holiday sales led the shares to lose more than a quarter of their value in a day.

Spoiler

-1x-1.png

IMO : The headphone and the speaker market is saturated as it is , But i think if B&O was to fall , it would have its up and downs, the downs would be if B&O was to fall , The market would have a big gap to fill , But on the upside , It would give space to other competitors or new start ups to have a bigger chance to grow at a saturated market.

Thanks and stay chill.

Spoiler

Massage to Mod if you are going to take this post down : P.M me , Let me know what i did wrong and let me fix it , Move on.

Thank you.

(⌐■_■) 

Well at least its not JBL, still need to get a laptop using one of their sound system as I still can't find a match for the JBL Pro set up in my old Presario R3000.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

20 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Well at least its not JBL, still need to get a laptop using one of their sound system as I still can't find a match for the JBL Pro set up in my old Presario R3000.

On the other hand I have to see a laptop that can match my N550JK with B&O with subwoofer. While my brother-in-laws Y500 has great sound (JBL), mine is still superior. Apart from the ultra annoying subwoofer that you have to carry around.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

On the other hand I have to see a laptop that can match my N550JK with B&O with subwoofer. While my brother-in-laws Y500 has great sound (JBL), mine is still superior. Apart from the ultra annoying subwoofer that you have to carry around.

Ah...now imagine an external subwoofer with stereo speakers that are a fair bit beefier, and go from 1 side of the grill to the other: http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,3253,l=132177&a=132177&po=5,00.asp

PMSL

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

I believe the (older) Dell XPS 17 and XPS 15 had a JBL setup.  Assuming you don't mind the i7 860m (I think it was).

28 minutes ago, kcaBsIsuxeN said:

I believe the (older) Dell XPS 17 and XPS 15 had a JBL setup.  Assuming you don't mind the i7 860m (I think it was).

Better than a Phenom II N970 or i5 540M.

PMSL

33 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Sorry it was the 870, not massively snappy but yep, better than those 2!

40 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Sorry again, it was the i7 840qm!  I'm getting my old systems mixed up!  

4 minutes ago, kcaBsIsuxeN said:

Sorry again, it was the i7 840qm!  I'm getting my old systems mixed up!  

An 840qm with a gt435m....it did sound pretty nice. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

A ~9% drop is indeed not very good, but it's nowhere near a plummet. A lot of investors would like to see B&O be sold to earn loads of money, but I doubt it would be in the interest for B&O as a company.

Right now B&O is working close with LG to make new tv's, so hopefully an OLED B&O is on the horizon. But I do think B&O would make the most of their money on their Play brand. Personally I LOVE their h6 headphones (design wise). Just too bad the sound is too crappy for my taste.

81qGcGB5lNL._SY355_.jpg

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

6 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Lenovo laptops use it.

Damn... I'm not a fan of their visual equipment, but their design & construction of audio equipment was top tier.

19 hours ago, Notional said:

A ~9% drop is indeed not very good, but it's nowhere near a plummet. A lot of investors would like to see B&O be sold to earn loads of money, but I doubt it would be in the interest for B&O as a company.

Right now B&O is working close with LG to make new tv's, so hopefully an OLED B&O is on the horizon. But I do think B&O would make the most of their money on their Play brand. Personally I LOVE their h6 headphones (design wise). Just too bad the sound is too crappy for my taste.

81qGcGB5lNL._SY355_.jpg

Personally most of their products are a COMPLETE rip off.

I used to own the old BeoSound 3200 along with BeoLab 400 speakers.  The sound quality was good, but compare it to a set of KRK Rokit GP8's (or 5's) with a £100 sound card?  Absolutely nothing, there is no comparison - the rokits hammer them in definition, quality and volume - and they are literally a fraction of the price (and I bought my BeoSound setup second hand! 1.5k!).  I'm not a gigantic audiophile but I know the rokits just sound so much better to me, at all volumes.

I honestly don't know a single audiophile who would bother with B&O.  AFAIK the 3200 internals were panasonic...  What's the point unless your a Saudi oil baron decorating their 10th house they'll never visit?

5 minutes ago, kcaBsIsuxeN said:

I used to own the old BeoSound 3200 along with BeoLab 400 speakers.  The sound quality was good, but compare it to a set of KRK Rokit GP8's (or 5's) with a £100 sound card?  Absolutely nothing, there is no comparison - the rokits hammer them in definition, quality and volume - and they are literally a fraction of the price (and I bought my BeoSound setup second hand! 1.5k!).  I'm not a gigantic audiophile but I know the rokits just sound so much better to me, at all volumes.

I honestly don't know a single audiophile who would bother with B&O.  AFAIK the 3200 internals were panasonic...  What's the point unless your a Saudi oil baron decorating their 10th house they'll never visit?

Oh... the irony:

The B&O - KRK - JBL triangle.

Found an insanely good deal for a VPS by Time4VPS (Lithuania). Warning: I don't have a lot of experience with them yet, if you had any bad experience, please PM me. /// Warning2 (Sorry, should have added this earlier): Very Low Disk IO

1 x 2.4GHz (E5 2630 v3), 512MB RAM, 20GB SSD cached Raid 6, 500GB Traffic => ~$17.5 (15.84€) + Tax for 2 years (Prebuild Servers)

5 minutes ago, kcaBsIsuxeN said:

I agree the sound quality should improve a bit, but they're not rip offs. You compare a "no name" plastic speaker with a design speaker in metal and chrome with a high finish. The headphones I mentioned uses milled aluminium parts, memory foam, sheep skin and high end leather. So yeah the sound quality would suck compared to a typical Sennheiser plastic headphone with pleather and crappy foam. Those high end materials costs a lot of money.

My problem is that there isn't enough parity between design/materials and actual sound quality. That needs to be better.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

On 19/04/2016 at 3:48 PM, Notional said:

81qGcGB5lNL._SY355_.jpg

I know they are a rip off, and you're paying a lot for the name, but those are some beautiful headphones.