Is production on 1150 socket motherboards declining or something

Just wondering because well I've been looking for an 1150 socket motherboard, specifically the z97s krait, and for some reason every store i go to seems to be completely out of stock. Even their suppliers say that certain 1150 motherboards are being discontinued and will no longer stock them. I'm not asking for help on where i can get a motherboard but rather are the haswell mobos dying out?

Intel i7 4790 3.6GHzGigabyte GTX 970 4GB WF3  | Thermaltake Chaser A31 | Z97 Guard Pro

Gaming | Anime | Programming 

Skylake is the new mainstream platform, so thats why there are less z97 motherboards in stores

Socket 775 overclocking enthusiast

Sounds about right, they've released skylake which means not much point in still producing haswell CPUs and Mobos...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

It's essentially the marketing, they want you to upgrade to Skylake.

So, in case your motherboard dies, oh, you have to throw your Haswell or Broadwell chip and get a Skylake one. That means new CPU, new MoBo, new RAM and more money to manufacturers.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

1 minute ago, Djole123 said:

So, in case your motherboard dies, oh, you have to throw your Haswell or Broadwell chip and get a Skylake one. That means new CPU, new MoBo, new RAM and more money to manufacturers.

I guess you're right. They gotta make their money somehow. I picked a bad time to buy a 4790. I mean there are still mobos I could buy but wow they are the most expensive little shits on the market lol

Intel i7 4790 3.6GHzGigabyte GTX 970 4GB WF3  | Thermaltake Chaser A31 | Z97 Guard Pro

Are you going for the K version CPU or just  going for  the 4790 ?

4 minutes ago, jcw150 said:

Have a look on ebay in the UK they're have some good deals.

I already have and it's either they don't ship to my country or i get killed by the shipping charges.

3 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

Is the version CPU you going for or the 4790 ?

I did buy the 4790 recently yes if that's what you're asking

13 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

If your motherboard/cpu dies, you can still use the ram on skylake. Just don't expect any overclocking, or new features. 

1 minute ago, Tagiau said:

If your motherboard/cpu dies, you can still use the ram on skylake. Just don't expect any overclocking, or new features. 

It has to be DDR3L (which is uncommon to an extent) and if you are upgrading to Skylake, might as well just get DDR4 as it is an advantage of the platform.

There are two good board models you can look at the one you are looking at then the H97. The guys question under you. You can only use DDR3L  and DDR4 on skylake CPU.   

They're mostly out of production now, the cpus themselves are gradually being discontinued.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

They're mostly out of production now, the cpus themselves are gradually being discontinued.

It's sad though well for me anyway. I guess my options are either to sell the haswell cpu and get a skylake, look for some 2nd hand barter to for the mother board or use an incredible amount of cash to buy me one the the still existing mobo's on the market or just stick with the broadwell i have in my system until i get some more money.

15 minutes ago, TheCovertCamper said:

It has to be DDR3L (which is uncommon to an extent) and if you are upgrading to Skylake, might as well just get DDR4 as it is an advantage of the platform.

DDR3L is the same as DDR3, just rated at lower voltage.

8 minutes ago, Sketched360 said:

It's sad though well for me anyway. I guess my options are either to sell the haswell cpu and get a skylake, look for some 2nd hand barter to for the mother board or use an incredible amount of cash to buy me one the the still existing mobo's on the market or just stick with the broadwell i have in my system until i get some more money.

*sandybridge, not broadwell as that's intel's second newest architecture that's currently out :D (skylake being newest with haswell being third) and unless you really need the extra new features, an i7 2600 is still more than capable by today standards.

39 minutes ago, Sketched360 said:

I guess you're right. They gotta make their money somehow. I picked a bad time to buy a 4790. I mean there are still mobos I could buy but wow they are the most expensive little shits on the market lol

Do you have the K version?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

*sandybridge, not broadwell as that's intel's second newest architecture that's currently out :D (skylake being newest with haswell being third) and unless you really need the extra new features, an i7 2600 is still more than capable by today standards.

Lol wow i was probably looking at the word while before i typed that out haha. Anyway i understand that yes, sandybridge is still a way more than enough. I just feel like I've been lagging behind. Firstly because well my motherboard currently is very wishy-washy. It doesnt even support front port usb3. I know an adapter would help but it still feels so makeshift. I don't want to upgrade my memory either because well i might just upgrade my mobo down the line. 

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Do you have the K version?

Unfortunately no.

Just now, Sketched360 said:

Unfortunately no.

Then why are you trying to get a Z97 board? xD Z97 is for overclocking. You would be fine with B85/H81/H97 :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, Sketched360 said:

Lol wow i was probably looking at the word while before i typed that out haha. Anyway i understand that yes, sandybridge is still a way more than enough. I just feel like I've been lagging behind. Firstly because well my motherboard currently is very wishy-washy. It doesnt even support front port usb3. I know an adapter would help but it still feels so makeshift. I don't want to upgrade my memory either because well i might just upgrade my mobo down the line. 

Like if you have a atx motherboard, just add a USB 3 card into one of em PCI-e slots no? It's not that makeshift...

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Then why are you trying to get a Z97 board? xD Z97 is for overclocking. You would be fine with B85/H81/H97 :P

that, just find any motherboard that would support your CPU no? If you also search for non-OC chipsets then you get a lot more choices :D.

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Lol well the reason i wanted the z97s krait specifically was because I was building up a "White" build. I know it's kinda out of the way but i need to make my baby look pretty haha. Now though, i might just take anything... Or be smart and wait.

25 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

DDR3L is the same as DDR3, just rated at lower voltage.

I do know that... but 90% of the RAM is DDR3 and I doubt that OP is already running DDR3L. I could only find a few kits of Corsair DDR3L on Newegg.

10 minutes ago, TheCovertCamper said:

I do know that... but 90% of the RAM is DDR3 and I doubt that OP is already running DDR3L. I could only find a few kits of Corsair DDR3L on Newegg.

DDR3 and DDR3L is the same thing. You change a setting or two in the BIOS, and your DDR3 is magically DDR3L. Or vice versa.

5 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

DDR3 and DDR3L is the same thing. You change a setting or two in the BIOS, and your DDR3 is magically DDR3L. Or vice versa.

I guess you're right, it's just not running at stock voltage. 

maybe it is just your end of the world but here in Vietnam where a lot of CPU is made, I still find new production xeons, core i3, i5 etc.... Not too hard to get LGA 1150 mobo but of course the sales staff always offers you a Skylake build.

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120