Free shipping for all oculus pre orders.

werto165

This is nothing but good news. For me it's saves a good £30, whereas if you're a Australian customer upto £90 which is a huge deal. The amount of money they must be losing to make this happen is quite astronomical. This is all due a "component shortage." 

jneHEwh.jpg

I'm finally glad that some communication  is happening between oculus and it's customers as they've been in the dark for the past few days. Oculus was meant to be shipping on the 28th onwards, whilst they did ship some units most of them being kickstarter units they really weren't shipping enough. Palmer luckey did reply prior to this announcement but he didn't say anything concrete as he didn't know whether this would get locked in. 

Anyway, I'm pleased that at least something has happened. Can't wait to get my hands on this bit of kit. Some fallout 4 action with Vorpx can't wait! 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

watch them say "april fools" we charged you for 1st class shipping

Pretty sure we were paying for first class anyway. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Even though my shipping was only $30, I really appreciate the gesture. I was expecting to just get an apology and nothing else.

It would be nice to know what part they are short on. It doesn't make a difference, but more information is always nice. Now if they would just change my June shipping date to an earlier month... 

22 minutes ago, Octagoncow said:

Even though my shipping was only $30, I really appreciate the gesture. I was expecting to just get an apology and nothing else.

It would be nice to know what part they are short on. It doesn't make a difference, but more information is always nice. Now if they would just change my June shipping date to an earlier month... 

Could be July at this point. I had a March estimate on my order, obviously that's been missed. Might be joking a little here :P

If you are buying something, and they throw in something for 'free'. Then it's really not free, now is it?

It costs over $200 and is not the size of a bed, free shipping should be there, pre-order or not.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Component shortage you say? How come it seems nobody has the huge aspirations to sell products like Steve Jobs did? 

@GlassBomb they didn't say a free product. They said the shipping is free. No cost, to the consumer, for the shipping. The shipping costs is a different industry, thus a separate cost is associated with it. 

Oh man, /u/VR-Researcher is right again.

[–]VR-Researcher 128 points 1 day ago 
PL tried to solve it with his own money.

It seems like the shipping cost is coming straight from Palmer's pocket.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

While the free shipping is nice, The management of shipping and communication with customers has been awful. I nearly cried when I read the Email. The idea that it could be further delayed is not good news, Free shipping or not. I Preordered within the first hour and my Shipping date had already slipped to May.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

OH man, I was so happy when I got the email this morning from Oculus. This brings my total price down a lot.
With Shipping: $1017 AUD
Without Shipping: $845 AUD

Here I was getting excited because the Aussie dollar is significantly stronger now than when I pre-ordered it.
It was going to cost me $1107 I'm now glad they didn't charge me at checkout.

That's so far a total saving for me of $262 AUD. (£140)
(Really really hoping the Aussie dollar doesn't crash before mine ships)

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

11 hours ago, zacRupnow said:

It costs over $200 and is not the size of a bed, free shipping should be there, pre-order or not.

I think that most countries don't have as generous free shipping standards as the USA. I know Canada doesn't (though there are more free shipping deals, these days).

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

I think that most countries don't have as generous free shipping standards as the USA. I know Canada doesn't (though there are more free shipping deals, these days).

This is the reason I use Amazon Prime in the UK. Even taking into consideration the subscription fee, it's still cheaper than ordering from other sites for fast delivery. 

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Shit... Now I am really tempted to get one but I really want the vive and I also wanted to wait a generation.... Fuck.

8 minutes ago, TehStranger? said:

Shit... Now I am really tempted to get one but I really want the vive and I also wanted to wait a generation.... Fuck.

The free shipping wouldn't apply to you. Free shipping was only for those of us that had pre-ordered up to the 1st of April. 

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Davehaslanded said:

The free shipping wouldn't apply to you. Free shipping was only for those of us that had pre-ordered up to the 1st of April. 

Oh. I dont wanna get it now anyway - just read an article about how the oculus software sends your data to Facebook or some shit.

Just now, TehStranger? said:

Oh. I dont wanna get it now anyway - just read an article about how the oculus software sends your data to Facebook or some shit.

If you already have Facebook, they already have that data. Also most of it will most likely be sales data (steam does the same. It's how they make recommendations) and diagnostics such as crash errors. Take some stories with a pinch of salt and remember a lot of articles are written from an opinion. 

Meg, Project cars online is not compatible with steam online. Seen a lot of people blaming Facebook despite the fact it's a steam issue. They won't  allow cross play with Oculus servers and project cars is a Steamworks title. 

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, Davehaslanded said:

If you already have Facebook, they already have that data. Also most of it will most likely be sales data (steam does the same. It's how they make recommendations) and diagnostics such as crash errors. Take some stories with a pinch of salt and remember a lot of articles are written from an opinion. 

Meg, Project cars online is not compatible with steam online. Seen a lot of people blaming Facebook despite the fact it's a steam issue. They won't  allow cross play with Oculus servers and project cars is a Steamworks title. 

I don't have facebook. Yeah I know Steam does the same, but I feel the information they get is a lot less personal and I feel like I can trust them more than Facebook.

6 minutes ago, TehStranger? said:

I don't have facebook. Yeah I know Steam does the same, but I feel the information they get is a lot less personal and I feel like I can trust them more than Facebook.

Steam have a lot of your personal information and banking details, they may use them in different ways, but they still have it. They also track hardware and some PC usage. It's also worth noting that any information Facebook share is annonamous to 3rd parties. For example, I advertise my business on Facebook. I can funnel the target audience to a very particular type of person, but I can't get any individual information against any actual individual. 

Personaly I have no issues with Facebook having info for adverts. My biggest concern with oculus is their approach to terms of service. They have the right to use any content made using the rift in any way they wish without challenge. 

Spoiler

Great! Well I've just received my update email from oculus. My Ship date has slipped from 'May' to the end of June. I preordered within the hour of it going live. I was not expecting to wait this long, but not a lot I can do. Sucks though. Anyone else get their update ship times?

on the flip side, by the time I get it, there should be at least a few more games and Oculus Touch may even be out by then, (although I may have to wait 3 months for that too)

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Davehaslanded said:

Great! Well I've just received my update email from oculus. My Ship date has slipped from 'May' to the end of June. I preordered within the hour of it going live. I was not expecting to wait this long, but not a lot I can do. Sucks though. Anyone else get their update ship times?

on the flip side, by the time I get it, there should be at least a few more games and Oculus Touch may even be out by then, (although I may have to wait 3 months for that too)

i just got my email update as well.  i too ordered within the first hour but now mine is quoted to ship around mid July. :/

1 minute ago, MimigaKing said:

i just got my email update as well.  i too ordered within the first hour but now mine is quoted to ship around mid July. :/

It's going to be a long couple of months for some us. Lol

Spoiler

Just now, Davehaslanded said:

It's going to be a long couple of months for some us. Lol

now,  i don't want to sound that way...  but it ain't impossible that there will be further delays down the road.  all in all,  i don't expect to receive anything before September.  that way if it arrives early,  I'll only be happier then.

i was so looking forward to trying it out!  especially since i just got my 980 ti today! 

1 hour ago, MimigaKing said:

now,  i don't want to sound that way...  but it ain't impossible that there will be further delays down the road.  all in all,  i don't expect to receive anything before September.  that way if it arrives early,  I'll only be happier then.

i was so looking forward to trying it out!  especially since i just got my 980 ti today! 

Slipping much further would be embarrassing for both VR headsets, especially when both companies planned to have their VR sets on store shelves by last third of the year. 

Spoiler

Just now, MimigaKing said:

This is insane. I ordered on the 6th of February.
My email came today. My expected date is 18/7/16 - 28/7/16.
If you ordered in the first hour and got that. That must mean they didn't get many pre-orders after the 6th of Jan.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4