Free shipping for all oculus pre orders.

werto165

I am saving about 47 euros i think, though i would rather pay that 47 euros and have gotten it a week ago.

On 4/2/2016 at 10:20 PM, LucidMew said:

Oh man, /u/VR-Researcher is right again.

It seems like the shipping cost is coming straight from Palmer's pocket.

I kind of doubt that's true. Even if we blindly believe VR-Research without any evidence, he only says that Palmer tried to do it, not that he actually did it.

2 hours ago, SubTract said:

This is insane. I ordered on the 6th of February.
My email came today. My expected date is 18/7/16 - 28/7/16.
If you ordered in the first hour and got that. That must mean they didn't get many pre-orders after the 6th of Jan.

Pretty strange indeed...

Then again, those are some pretty wide shipping windows.. They can probably ship a good amount within 2 weeks. 

Order #

61300003XXXXXX

Estimated Ship Date

7/4/2016 - 7/14/2016

2 hours ago, Groundedbeef said:

I am saving about 47 euros i think, though i would rather pay that 47 euros and have gotten it a week ago.

ha ha, That is definitely true for me. 

what's 47 euros when we already pay 700 for the thing? I'd give that 5% to get it 3 months early anytime

For a bit more context my mate bought around 11 mins after preorders properly opened (for some places people got on 5/6 mins early), was given an April estimate and has been updated to say 9th-19th May. So even some really early orders got pushed back.

I was a 5 mins after preorder, and mines arrived at least, but it does suck for everyone.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

4 hours ago, WiiManic said:

For a bit more context my mate bought around 11 mins after preorders properly opened (for some places people got on 5/6 mins early), was given an April estimate and has been updated to say 9th-19th May. So even some really early orders got pushed back.

I was a 5 mins after preorder, and mines arrived at least, but it does suck for everyone.

You got any YouTube videos of you using it or a brief review so those of us still waiting can share in a small piece of your joy? Lol. 

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally a glimmer of good news for us Rift buyers still waiting. Some people are receiving their order significantly quicker than the delayed date that was given. They still haven't taken any money from me though so I know mine hasn't even shipped yet. But at least there's a chance it 'could' come sooner than expected.  I wonder if they manage to get a second supplier for the parts that were holding up orders  

http://www.roadtovr.com/some-oculus-rift-orders-shipping-significantly-ahead-of-delay-estimates/

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

2 hours ago, Davehaslanded said:

Well finally a glimmer of good news for us Rift buyers still waiting. Some people are receiving their order significantly quicker than the delayed date that was given. They still haven't taken any money from me though so I know mine hasn't even shipped yet. But at least there's a chance it 'could' come sooner than expected.  I wonder if they manage to get a second supplier for the parts that were holding up orders  

http://www.roadtovr.com/some-oculus-rift-orders-shipping-significantly-ahead-of-delay-estimates/

Those estimates were more or less gaurantee by dates, an Oculus employee said that most rifts could arrive up to 4 weeks before that estimate.