[Another one] Father asks Apple to unlock his deceased child's iPhone

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Well first of all, its not your son, so I dont see why you need to use that language.

To me it sounds like you're getting a bit too upset about something that doesnt even have anything to do with you.

Second, its pretty obvious that no, he doesnt want "just some pictures" he wants access to all the private conversations and internet activity of the kid

Maybe your emotions are getting in the way of logical thinking

No its you lack of understanding of the way parenthood works that is getting in the way of your rational thinking, you are nothing but a troll.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Well first of all, its not your son, so I dont see why you need to use that language.

To me it sounds like you're getting a bit too upset about something that doesnt even have anything to do with you.

Second, its pretty obvious that no, he doesnt want "just some pictures" he wants access to all the private conversations and internet activity of the kid

Maybe your emotions are getting in the way of logical thinking

It doesn't matter if it's my son or not. It's called sympathy, you dipshit. The vibe I'm getting from you is you're the type of person who would be laughing his ass off in the middle of a funeral.

All he wants is his sons pictures. That involves getting into the phone, and unlocking access to everything else, regardless of whether they're things he wants or not. Why would he possibly want to snoop around his sons phone activity after he dies? You're not making any sense at all.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

15 hours ago, Enderman said:

lol sure like a couple pics and inappropriate text messages are going to bring his son back

yup, i'm sorry for that guy but the past wont help anyone

i could tell lies about the phone of xy and ask to unlock it and how could they know if anything of the story is true...

oh no the phone of my girlfriend... she just passed away and i cant give her parents her last pictures blablabla

the good old social engeneering

there are locks and security functions for a reason

its like vaccine would kill 1 person that reacts allergical but saves mankind ...   oh no lets never use this substance...

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

14 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Seriously, a man loses his child, wants to get family pictures off of the kids phone, and all you can fucking think is that.

Yes but one mans wishes are not worth compromising an entire operating system for and he had plenty of time while he son was ill to organise this

I agree, its sad, it breaks my heart, but I would be the first person to tell him no

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

It doesn't matter if it's my son or not. It's called sympathy, you dipshit. The vibe I'm getting from you is you're the type of person who would be laughing his ass off in the middle of a funeral.

All he wants is his sons pictures. That involves getting into the phone, and unlocking access to everything else, regardless of whether they're things he wants or not. Why would he possibly want to snoop around his sons phone activity after he dies? You're not making any sense at all.

1) he probably already has a thousands pictures with his son already

2) any pictures on his son's phone are almost certainly on social media, because thats what people do with selfies, post them on social media

3) apple already said no, and now the father is claiming "i will do anything to get into that phone"

anyone with rational thinking would say "ok i cant get stuff from the phone, i will go look for his pictures on social media" and not "i will find someone to hack into the phone so i can get what i want"

4) access to the phone means access to all the personal information, and the father specifically says "his data" not "his photos"

5) any sane person would not be using this as an excuse to get into his son's phone

I understand privacy, but I wonder what if inside a disabled iPhone was the password to block the explosion of an atomic bomb planted by terrorists in Rome, then what do we do? Do we let it explode?

seriously, the guy has gone crazy

apple is smart enough to see this

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

This kid must of had friends that knew his password. I know that just about every teenager on earth has a best friend that knows their phones password. 

^ this probably. Even I (mid 20s) know some of my friends' passwords to FB, Twitter, etc. We do it partly as a joke/partly not that if anything were to happen to one of us, we'd wipe the person's web history lol (people caught abusing the trust get kicked out the sacred password circle)

---

Legally I guess the Dad can say the phone was under his contract and he was his son's guardian so the phone is technically his and he wants it unlocked. But, if Apple is telling the truth about not being able to do it I doubt they will bother re engineering a back door for rare cases like this and risk compromising their entire system.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:
2 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

^ this probably. Even I (mid 20s) know some of my friends' passwords to FB, Twitter, etc. We do it partly as a joke/partly not that if anything were to happen to one of us, we'd wipe the person's web history lol (people caught abusing the trust get kicked out the sacred password circle)

---

Legally I guess the Dad can say the phone was under his contract and he was his son's guardian so the phone is technically his and he wants it unlocked. But, if Apple is telling the truth about not being able to do it I doubt they will bother re engineering a back door for rare cases like this and risk compromising their entire system.

1) he probably already has a thousands pictures with his son already

2) any pictures on his son's phone are almost certainly on social media, because thats what people do with selfies, post them on social media

3) apple already said no, and now the father is claiming "i will do anything to get into that phone"

anyone with rational thinking would say "ok i cant get stuff from the phone, i will go look for his pictures on social media" and not "i will find someone to hack into the phone so i can get what i want"

4) access to the phone means access to all the personal information, and the father specifically says "his data" not "his photos"

5) any sane person would not be using this as an excuse to get into his son's phone

seriously, the guy has gone crazy

apple is smart enough to see this

^this

thats how i understand the us gun "rights"

hey i need this weapon to protect myself from danger xy, and keep it in my car while driving with my kids, because mmmmerica i have so many fears.... and get killed by my child that uses the gun against me xD

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

7 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Your statement is not "playing devil's advocate"

That's just being an absolute waste of space. Honestly, if you actually put in thought, and that sentence was what you decided upon, just go fucking off yourself right now because that's the kind of shit this world doesn't need.

Seriously, a man loses his child, wants to get family pictures off of the kids phone, and all you can fucking think is that.

"I cannot give up. Having lost my [son] Dama, I will fight to have the last two months of photos, thoughts and words which are held hostage in his phone," Leonardo Fabbretti wrote in the March 21 letter, which was quoted Wednesday by Agence France Presse.

It would be completely understandable if he wanted just the pictures, which Apple probably could help with, however it is not just pictures. The real question is whether a dead person still has the right to his privacy or not. Honestly, the guy would be better off talking to his son's friends, instead of getting access to his son's phone.