iSwitched to Firefox

prolemur

The only reason I use chrome is becouse the googles sync thing works great for me  ^_^ Other than that I like firefox a lot.

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

Yes I know but all my favourites, passwords and stuff are in my google account and I am too bored to redo them :P

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

The only reason my father wouldn't switch was because it had a different icon so I changed it to the internet explorer one and he has not noticed yet... muhahah

I know I've told him to switch before, but he wants all of his bookmarks from IE  :P

>adblock is much better on Firefox

>you don't have a billion instances of browser.exe in task manager

>better plugin selection

>downthemall plugin to get a lot of images off a page at once

>this

c898fe4ecc0bfb0b777fcc67639f34a9.png

As of July 29th 2013

These are all too general, there should be more graphs to specifically show the strengths and weaknesses of each browser.

Also, all of those tasks in task manager are why Chrome doesn't completely crash when a tab dies.

Every topic I post in dies.

Firefox is the most dangerous browser in the world.

For XSS/Injections I mean :D

Dat liveHTTPHeaders plugin is so OP.  I made the switch too :)

I do love Chromes Web Development Tab (ctrl+shift+j) better though :(

These are all too general, there should be more graphs to specifically show the strengths and weaknesses of each browser.

Also, all of those tasks in task manager are why Chrome doesn't completely crash when a tab dies.

Tabs don't die in Firefox. See what they did? Fix the problem, not a work around

I can't stand the way Chrome handles multiple tabs. I also find it to be generally buggier than FireFox - in particular, if I try to access an open tab which has been inactive for a long period of time then it will take Chrome a while to load it. Many times it will provide a dialogue box saying that the page isn't responding, and asking whether I'd like to kill it or wait.

FireFox on the other hand simply works. I can't remember the last time it's crashed or frozen on me, and it handles high numbers of tabs very well. (Also, DownloadHelpher + AdBlock <3)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I'm using firefox as my daily driver, so don't get this wrong:

• The fact that you have a ton of <browser>.exe processes running is positive. Google Chrome has a process (or thread? not sure) per tab. This means that tabs can be rendered simultaneously, that a crashing thread doesn't crash the complete browser and that everything is better manageable. For those who say that FF doesn't crash: it does. A lot. At work I have to develop webapps in JS and I can guarantee you that Chrome is ten thousand times stabler and faster than FF when it comes to massive/funky/broken/buggy javascript code.
  • Firefox Sync isn't anywhere near the useability and simplicity of the Chrome implementation.
  • The built-in PDF viewer of Firefox sucks

Other than that, I love FF. I use it every day (and I load it heavily: anywhere between 20 and 100 tabs). Some definite pros for me:

• I trust Mozilla more than Google to not send any private data back to themselves
  • Plugins are better/more
  • More tinker-friendly

The RAM usage has been reduced heavily in the latest years, but I prefer it to be high. I set it so that FF doesn't delete rendered pages from RAM. This can increase memory usage quite a bit, but makes switching to giant pages with lots of images way faster.

Tabs don't die in Firefox. See what they did? Fix the problem, not a work around

I never said that tabs died in Firefox.

Every topic I post in dies.

massive/funky/broken/buggy javascript code

lol I'm sure your work isn't that bad  :lol:

To anyone saying that Firefox wont freeze/crash, pull up something that you can run javascript in, enter and run this code

for (var i = 5; i; i+=5) {	console.log(i);}

Basically, you're telling the browser that  Variable I has a value of 5, and to add 5 each time. You're also telling it to print out all the number in i

Now, when I do that in Chrome, I can still use my browser (i.e. open new tabs, change tabs etc), but in Firefox, the whole thing locks up.

EDIT: Depending on what happens, you may have to go into task manager and force close your browser, so don't try this with anything else open.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I went from firefox to chrome to firefox to using both interchangeably

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I've been using chrome since it came out lol. Haven't even thought about changing once.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I always loved Firefox, but I switched to Chrome because of the some issues in Firefox which I believe is caused by Flash. I can't load the first page I go to without Firefox freezing for a good few seconds. Any webpage loading after that will sometimes freeze the browser randomly.

lol I'm sure your work isn't that bad  :lol:

I don't know if you have ever heard about ExtJS... That's a framework used to create massive webapps. I think our app (which is VERY basic at the moment) contains about 10000 lines of JS :P

And yes, my work is terrible, I'm no web designer at all xD stupid master's thesis!

I don't know if you have ever heard about ExtJS... That's a framework used to create massive webapps. I think our app (which is VERY basic at the moment) contains about 10000 lines of JS :P

And yes, my work is terrible, I'm no web designer at all xD stupid master's thesis!

lol I've heard of javascript, that's for making interactive webpages and such right? like a button, dropdown menu