iSwitched to Firefox

prolemur

So I just switched over to firefox from using google chrome for a few years. The transsition was very easy as firefox suggested to copy over my bookmarks and all I had to dfo was sign into everything and save my username and password.

I was wonderig what are the main benefits of using firefox?

I know there are some awesome plugins / add ons / themes, so I want to know all about which ones you guys are using.   

I am now a firefoxer! :D

P.S. I am loving the inspect element in 3D!

well, you can try chrome canary as I have, it's probably the fastest browsing experience I have experienced, anyways, the main benefit of firefox is that it is opensource

nothing? they had a pretty big exploit with one of their release not sure what was it but it was not that while ago

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Main benefits of using Firefox are

1. It's Firefox

B. It's Firefox

9. It's not something that isn't Firefox

OneClick Proxy is ok, HerpDerp is necessary, and Adblock except when you're watching LTT videos.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Well, IDK why but my chrome is buggy and firefox isn't and still I'm using chrome...

I used Firefox before, I switched to Chrome since it's much simpler and easier (for me) to use. Yes there are issues with the dev builds, but those are rare.

Firefox is better at multi-tab browsing with having huge amounts of tabs, better add ons.

Chrome is better with integrated flash, it's lighter on RAM, and then each tab has it's own resource.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

So I just switched over to firefox from using google chrome for a few years.

None really, Chrome is generally better. Firefox might seem faster for you right now since it's a new install, then again you could just clear chrome cache and all of that. 

I've been using Firefox as long as I can remember. Used Chrome for a bit but couldn't get into it on the Desktop, On my phone that's another story.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Use to be a FireFox user, but I think Google Chrome is better now. It seems like every browser will run good for a while then you have to switch to a new one to get that fastness again.

Adblock except when you're watching LTT videos.

That's not biased at all. I'd even say that's a bit controlling.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

That's not biased at all. I'd even say that's a bit controlling.

Ya I don't use adblock anymore, before I knew people got paid by ad views. (a while ago)

You can use multiple profiles at the same time. You can sync your profile to multiple locations (think Chrome does it as well). Your info will not be constantly sent to the mother ship (google.com) especially if you block google scripts (using NoScript add-on). As you mentioned and others, the plethora of cool add-ons which not only add functionality but protect you.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Firefox's selling point is its massive library of extensions and scripts unmatched my any other browser.

But unless you're into hardcore browser customization I can't imagine you'd get much out of the switch.  I'm sure it's a wonderful browser and much faster than it used to be (Chrome's speed advantage was my main reason for switching all those years ago) but if you're used to Chrome I don't see much of a compelling reason to switch.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

So I just switched over to firefox from using google chrome for a few years. The transsition was very easy as firefox suggested to copy over my bookmarks and all I had to dfo was sign into everything and save my username and password.

I know there are some awesome plugins / add ons / themes, so I want to know all about which ones you guys are using.   

I am now a firefoxer! :D

P.S. I am loving the inspect element in 3D!

>adblock is much better on Firefox

>you don't have a billion instances of browser.exe in task manager

>better plugin selection

>downthemall plugin to get a lot of images off a page at once

>this

c898fe4ecc0bfb0b777fcc67639f34a9.png

As of July 29th 2013

>adblock is much better on Firefox

>you don't have a billion instances of browser.exe in task manager

>better plugin selection

>downthemall plugin to get a lot of images off a page at once

>this

c898fe4ecc0bfb0b777fcc67639f34a9.png

As of July 29th 2013

Where did you get this image?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I dont know why I haven't yet but I should probably have my dad switch to Chrome already, He's still using IE....I'm a horrible son.

I dont know why I haven't yet but I should probably have my dad switch to Chrome already, He's still using IE....I'm a horrible son.

Yes, yes you are

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

The only reason my father wouldn't switch was because it had a different icon so I changed it to the internet explorer one and he has not noticed yet... muhahah

In addition, Firefox consumes less memory, and support for color managed pictures.

http://petapixel.com/2012/06/25/is-your-browser-color-managed/

Making you see pictures and web site colors properly.

Has a built-in PDF viewer (Chrome just has a plugin included), and has more features (PDF viewer) than Chrome.

Firefox does not monitor and log what you view on the web, to build a profile to sale and market you ads.

and also, Firefox development is transparent.

In addition, Firefox consumes less memory, and support for color managed pictures.

http://petapixel.com/2012/06/25/is-your-browser-color-managed/

Making you see pictures and web site colors properly.

Has a built-in PDF viewer (Chrome just has a plugin included), and has more features (PDF viewer) than Chrome.

Firefox does not monitor and log what you view on the web, to build a profile to sale and market you ads.

and also, Firefox development is transparent.

In my experience firefox has always used more memory that chrome, that was an issue when i only had 4 gb but now that i have 16 i really dont care

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.