2016 V6 camaro vs 2016 V6 Mustang

Bajantechnician

so if i took the best v6 camaro under $30,000 and put that against a v6 Mustang under $30,000, which car whould be better?

the main thing is power.

then looks, and such.

turbo doesnt matter, as i will end up putting that in later.

Which is the fore"surpreme" car?

Thanks

The Camaro would be slightly faster with it's 455HP vs the 455 on the Mustang.  The Camaro does 0-60 in 4.0 seconds vs the Mustang's 4.7, and the Camaro's quarter mile is nearly a second faster.  

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

1 minute ago, Amazingasian said:

The Camaro would be slightly faster with it's 455HP vs the 455 on the Mustang.  The Camaro does 0-60 in 4.0 seconds vs the Mustang's 4.7, and the Camaro's quarter mile is nearly a second faster.  

for the verions without turbo correct? and under the 30k mark?

is either car capable of accepting an aftermarket turbo mechanisim?

do you know their speeds with turbo?

also, im probably gonna swap out the stock brakes, for those fancy red eprformance ones, fonna change ou thte exaust, filter and such, so that will add an minimum 200hp to stock

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

also, im probably gonna swap out the stock brakes, for those fancy red eprformance ones, fonna change ou thte exaust, filter and such, so that will add an minimum 200hp to stock

You don't buy a car like that and willy nilly install an aftermarket turbo, the engine and all the components it comes with weren't engineered to withstand the added strain a tubo/super charger will put on the vehicle 

9 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

so if i took the best v8 camaro under $30,000 and put that against a v8 Mustang under $30,000, which car whould be better?

the main thing is power.

then looks, and such.

Thanks

You posted this in the wrong section.

This is an off topic discussion.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

so if i took the best v8 camaro under $30,000 and put that against a v8 Mustang under $30,000, which car whould be better?

the main thing is power.

then looks, and such.

Thanks

The camaros in the past have proven to be more reliable, and perform better. Also the new mustangs look weird from the back

2 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

The camaros in the past have proven to be more reliable, and perform better. Also the new mustangs look weird from the back

I think they look good from the back....Personal preference tho

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

6 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

The only model that comes in under the 30K mark is a 2.0L V4 Turbo.  You want a V8 muscle car.  It might be better to look at a used model and add the aftermarket parts yourself.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

3 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

You don't buy a car like that and willy nilly install an aftermarket turbo, the engine and all the components it comes with weren't engineered to withstand the added strain a tubo/super charger will put on the vehicle 

so the v8 camaro engine cant stand turbo?

it has fule injection though, right?

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

You posted this in the wrong section.

This is an off topic discussion.

i dont know what to say.

im sorry. please dont spank me

xD

sorry tho

@W-Lcould you move this?

thanks

2 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

lol.

what do you mean by more reliable?

My uncle has the Mustang, he did a lot to it but the Camaro is probably better. You *could* always just get a used BMW M3 or even a 2006 V10 M6 but that's up to you. I personally would much rather have the M6 since it has very modern features still (my dad just sold his two years ago and the car had the same bluetooth and everything that a 2015 3 series has) and the car is more prestigious in my opinion. The thing also never needed maintenance besides oil changes but every car needs those.   

1 minute ago, Amazingasian said:

The only model that comes in under the 30K mark is a 2.0L V4 Turbo.  You want a V8 muscle car.  It might be better to look at a used model and add the aftermarket parts yourself.

can i swap ou tht engine?

might get a 1ss camaro, or the mustang , not sure which one

or at least v6, that i can add turbo on

camaro would win. the camaro has a 6.2l engine while the mustang has a 5.0l engine (thats how the nickname for cops came to be 5.0! 5.0! Book it man!!!) plus the camaro is lighter than the mustang so power to weight ratio. if your planning on buying either of these cars then i suggest you do some dyno readings research on both these cars as the DYNO doesnt lie when it comes to HP. remember the HP you should mainly be concerned about is the Wheel Horsepower or WHP. the amount of power it produces at the crank will always be higher but has no relevance to top speed if you want to take it out on a track. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

If you want to buy an aftermarket engine, brakes, and turbo, why not just buy it with a V8 stock?

2 minutes ago, Amazingasian said:

they dont make V4 engines... only inline 4s 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

I'm starting to think you don't know a lot about cars.....if anything?

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

4 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

i wouldnt swap out engines it depends on the state you live in. if you want to swap engines you will most likely fail smog and emissions check. if you want to swap engines and your in california then you should look for any classic car pre 1975. swapping engines is a huge pain in the ass. (even more than rebuilding one. especially if your putting for example a chevy engine in a ford car like lets say a 454 chevy in a mustang or LS1 into a mustang. 

2 minutes ago, Tie Lightning said:

lol imagine if he lived in CA and he tried swapping the engines 

pretty sure the camaro is better in almost every way, but i like the new mustang look better

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Tie Lightning said:

Not really. 

My brother unwashed a technician for Lamborghini, Austin Martin, lotus, Audi. Was a certified trainer at porche and is now a global cs manager. Like 2nd to highest manager

2 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

they dont make V4 engines... only inline 4s 

difference?

2 minutes ago, Amazingasian said:

If you want to buy an aftermarket engine, brakes, and turbo, why not just buy it with a V8 stock?

v8 stock =45000 at minimum 5k over budget.

camaro would win. the camaro has a 6.2l engine while the mustang has a 5.0l engine (thats how the nickname for cops came to be 5.0! 5.0! Book it man!!!) plus the camaro is lighter than the mustang so power to weight ratio. if your planning on buying either of these cars then i suggest you do some dyno readings research on both these cars as the DYNO doesnt lie when it comes to HP. remember the HP you should mainly be concerned about is the Wheel Horsepower or WHP. the amount of power it produces at the crank will always be higher but has no relevance to top speed if you want to take it out on a track. 

I see.

Yeah, I'll eventually take it out to track

22 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

so if i took the best v6 camaro under $30,000 and put that against a v6 Mustang under $30,000, which car whould be better?

the main thing is power.

then looks, and such.

Thanks

I prefer the looks of the mustang, but thats just me

Breaking things 1 day at a time

I live in Cal and my buddy's dad when i was a kid did that on one of his old cars....he has money ass-over-fist so he didn't fret xD

6 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

whp?

uh.....

thought of doing that.....

by camaro 2lt, swap for v8....

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

pretty sure the camaro is better in almost every way, but i like the new mustang look better

i gotta agree to that too though

Just now, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

I prefer the looks of the mustang, but thats just me

i just want power

difference?

well the difference is the way the cylinders are mounted. V means they are placed across each other and inline means they are put in a straight line. personally me im more of an import guy so my favorite engine is the 2jz gte from a supra or an r34 skyline engine 

whp?

uh.....

thought of doing that.....

by camaro 2lt, swap for v8....

i gotta agree to that too though

i just want power

Do you live in California OP?

whp?

means how much power the car makes at the wheels. not the power being produced at the crankshaft. and by engine swap i thought you meant putting a different motor from a different car brand like putting a toyota supra engine in that camaro or putting a 454 big block or puttint a Chrysler Hemi engine in there. (tho Hemi with twin turbo would be nice)