2016 V6 camaro vs 2016 V6 Mustang

Bajantechnician
1 minute ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

means how much power the car makes at the wheels. not the power being produced at the crankshaft. 

wont hp play a bigger difference in that/

3 minutes ago, Tie Lightning said:

I live in Cal and my buddy's dad when i was a kid did that on one of his old cars....he has money ass-over-fist so he didn't fret xD

what happened?

1 minute ago, Tie Lightning said:

Do you live in California OP?

ca boy, born and bred

to be clear, turbo is where it adds air to the engine and whatever, and makes you press into the seat right?

15 minutes ago, Tie Lightning said:

I think they look good from the back....Personal preference tho

That's why I left it separate, tbh I really don't like the way the new Mustangs look, the concept one looked sick, I know what happened to that body style

Just now, thatguyyouknow75 said:

That's why I left it separate, tbh I really don't like the way the new Mustangs look, the concept one looked sick, I know what happened to that body style

2017 version.

its a supercar.

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

wont hp play a bigger difference in that/

what happened?

ca boy, born and bred

yes but if your into getting the max top speed you want good WHP not just raw power at the crank. remember the crank is hooked up to other acessories and componets in the car like the fans, belts alterator, waterpump, tranny, ect. those take a hit on the actual power and that is why the WHP is lower than the HP at the crank

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Just now, glitchmaster0001 said:

yes but if your into getting the max top speed you want good WHP not just raw power at the crank. remember the crank is hooked up to other acessories and componets in the car like the fans, belts alterator, waterpump, tranny, ect. those take a hit on the actual power and that is why the WHP is lower than the HP at the crank

ahh. i see

alternator, whatever, right?

so more whp=more power?

What year cam or stang are you referring too? At 30k I'm assuming 2015/2016.

Just now, FmPhenom said:

What year cam or stang are you referring too? At 30k I'm assuming 2015/2016.

correct, but ill make the purchase in 2/3 years

so ill get a cheap 16 version in 18/19

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

to be clear, turbo is where it adds air to the engine and whatever, and makes you press into the seat right?

turbochargers are forced induction systems they are exhaust driven and spin up to incrediable RPMs (150,000+ RPM) this allows the air going through the intake manifold the be at a high pressure. depends on how much you set the turbo to give. on a stock motor id say 5 to 10 PSI max. on an engine with forged internals maybe you can go up to 25 PSI of boost. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

turbochargers are forced induction systems they are exhaust driven and spin up to incrediable RPMs (150,000+ RPM) this allows the air going through the intake manifold the be at a high pressure. depends on how much you set the turbo to give. on a stock motor id say 5 to 10 PSI max. on an engine with forged internals maybe you can go up to 25 PSI of boost. 

how bout for a v6/v8 camaro?

ahh. i see

alternator, whatever, right?

so more whp=more power?

more WHP= higher top speed and better 1/4 mile times. if your boosting your engine with a turbo at insane PSIs then youd need to get a better tranny for the car too, also a stage 3 or more racing clutch. 

correct, but ill make the purchase in 2/3 years

so ill get a cheap 16 version in 18/19

Kill this topic. Chances are you will not buy either car.

But for shits and giggles in 3 years for 30k GET A V8!

You say you bro is a elite mechanic go talk to him not this forum.

more WHP= higher top speed and better 1/4 mile times. if your boosting your engine with a turbo at insane PSIs then youd need to get a better tranny for the car too, also a stage 3 or more racing clutch. 

raacing clutch.

thats the ting you step on before you change gears in manual right?

also, if you lok at this pic, is the upside down grey thing part of the turbo?

Audi_B5_S4_Engine.jpg

2002 audi r4

20 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

for the verions without turbo correct? and under the 30k mark?

is either car capable of accepting an aftermarket turbo mechanisim?

do you know their speeds with turbo?

also, im probably gonna swap out the stock brakes, for those fancy red eprformance ones, fonna change ou thte exaust, filter and such, so that will add an minimum 200hp to stock

If you want a car with a turbo guy a car with a turbo. If you want to add a turbo to either of those cars be prepared to spend another 10-15k on the kit and likely another 10k for other supporting mods. Its not cheap at all. When it come to a mustang or camaro, you might as well just buy the more premium model. You would likely have a faster, more reliable car that way and may even end up saving money. You might want to learn a thing or two about cars before you go and blow the kind of money you are talking. A turbocharger isnt some magic part that just works and is easy to install. If the car was not made with it in mind, you are going to go through allot of trouble just to have the car run with it let alone be fast and reliable. This is especially the case if you have no experience. If this is going to be a first car, which it really sounds like it will be, i would advise against spending more than 5k on a car. If you get a 400+hp mustang or camaro as your first car you WILL crash it. If you want a rear wheel drive car as your first, get a miata.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

11 minutes ago, Tie Lightning said:

I live in Cal and my buddy's dad when i was a kid did that on one of his old cars....he has money ass-over-fist so he didn't fret xD

yeah cuz they were old cars and didnt need to be smogged. if it was with cars 1976 and upwards then youd be in for a big pain in the ass time with car modding. JDM engines are automatic fails for state BAR in cali

Turbo is a lot more than just that. It uses a turbine spun by the exhaust to force air into the cylinders. Not every v8 in the Mustang/camaro lineups are the same either nor are they made equally. The models which come factory fitted with turbo/superchargers were made to handle the added strain. Often that means the black is machined with higher tolerances, beefier heads are installed to contain the pressure, often a different transmission is needed to handle the sudden burst of energy caused by turbo lag. Buy the car you like most but don't go and install some aftermarket turbo knowing nothing about automotive engineering. The reason the turbo models cost more is because everything about them is more expensive. The added cost doesn't just go to some turbo otherwise everyone would do it (excluding local laws which may prohibit you from modifying your car at all) 

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

raacing clutch.

thats the ting you step on before you change gears in manual right?

also, if you lok at this pic, is the upside down grey thing part of the turbo?

Audi_B5_S4_Engine.jpg

2002 audi r4

yeah that is if the car is a manual. if you did increase engine power to lets say what my friend did with his honda and it produces 867whp on the dyno and you kept the stock tranny and clutch then the clutch would keep slipping because it wasnt designed to handle 1000hp at the crank. 

4 minutes ago, FmPhenom said:

Kill this topic. Chances are you will not buy either car.

But for shits and giggles in 3 years for 30k GET A V8!

You say you bro is a elite mechanic go talk to him not this forum.

yeah....

time zone...

china was like, common, coem work for porche. then his 2 contract expired, and then he moved to fiat. hes not due back for another 1+1/2 year, and thats if he doesnt take anoutter 2 year contract.

he comes back about 1 a year for a week or so.

3 minutes ago, bob345 said:

If you want a car with a turbo guy a car with a turbo. If you want to add a turbo to either of those cars be prepared to spend another 10-15k on the kit and likely another 10k for other supporting mods. Its not cheap at all. When it come to a mustang or camaro, you might as well just buy the more premium model. You would likely have a faster, more reliable car that way and may even end up saving money. You might want to learn a thing or two about cars before you go and blow the kind of money you are talking. A turbocharger isnt some magic part that just works and is easy to install. If the car was not made with it in mind, you are going to go through allot of trouble just to have the car run with it let alone be fast and reliable. This is especially the case if you have no experience. If this is going to be a first car, which it really sounds like it will be, i would advise against spending more than 5k on a car. If you get a 400+hp mustang or camaro as your first car you WILL crash it. If you want a rear wheel drive car as your first, get a miata.

naw, ill be driving a 2002 audi r4 for  years before getting the camaro

3 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

yeah cuz they were old cars and didnt need to be smogged. if it was with cars 1976 and upwards then youd be in for a big pain in the ass time with car modding. JDM engines are automatic fails for state BAR in cali

heh

GUILTY

2 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

Turbo is a lot more than just that. It uses a turbine spun by the exhaust to force air into the cylinders. Not every v8 in the Mustang/camaro lineups are the same either nor are they made equally. The models which come factory fitted with turbo/superchargers were made to handle the added strain. Often that means the black is machined with higher tolerances, beefier heads are installed to contain the pressure, often a different transmission is needed to handle the sudden burst of energy caused by turbo lag. Buy the car you like most but don't go and install some aftermarket turbo knowing nothing about automotive engineering. The reason the turbo models cost more is because everything about them is more expensive. The added cost doesn't just go to some turbo otherwise everyone would do it (excluding local laws which may prohibit you from modifying your car at all) 

are there any camaross with v6/v8 with turbo?

just a note this is a mainly a tech forum for people like tech related things chances are you wont find a lot of gearheads or petrolheads in this forum. most of them probably never modded a car in their life. maybe the best they did was read the brochure on a car. or read a online article on how cars and parts work. not to offend anyone but it is kind of true. if you want lean more about cars then go on car forums there are plenty of them out there. for me i own a 1995 toyota tacoma. i learned how to swap its shitty inline 4 for a kick ass 2jz gte twin turbo inline 6 from asking around IRL people and also reading build guilds on car forums like customtacos for my truck. btw for those of you that didnt know the 2jz gte twinturbo inline 6 engine is from a toyota supra :). 

no the only ones that come with turbos are the inline 4 ones. the cheapest baseline model one. 

3 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

yeah....

time zone...

china was like, common, coem work for porche. then his 2 contract expired, and then he moved to fiat. hes not due back for another 1+1/2 year, and thats if he doesnt take anoutter 2 year contract.

he comes back about 1 a year for a week or so.

naw, ill be driving a 2002 audi r4 for  years before getting the camaro

heh

GUILTY

Just fukin email him????? You can't email???

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

12 minutes ago, bob345 said:

12 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

11 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

so just asking, do v8s give the same felling of being pushed into your seat as turbo? 

I mean, Comon, this is .ca, nobody follows the law lol

So basicly get a v8 and don't put turbo on it unlesss I have $20k extra to burn

10 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

I'm convinced he's trolling now

I. Am. Not

9 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

yeah that is if the car is a manual. if you did increase engine power to lets say what my friend did with his honda and it produces 867whp on the dyno and you kept the stock tranny and clutch then the clutch would keep slipping because it wasnt designed to handle 1000hp at the crank. 

yeah that's a manual. So my brother bought one of those cars for me to drive when I get a permit. He was fixing the engine timings and everything some dumass had the belt off 1-2-1.

So how does the clutch work?

6 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

just a note this is a mainly a tech forum for people like tech related things chances are you wont find any gearheads or petrolheads in this forum who never modded a car in their life. maybe the best they did was read the brochure on a car. or read a online article on how cars and parts work. 

yeah, I know.

5 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

no the only ones that come with turbos are the inline 4 ones. the cheapest baseline model one. 

V4s are for pussys lol.

4 minutes ago, Tie Lightning said:

Just fukin email him????? You can't email???

I have his number.

However, if you listened , you would recall, in science, that the earth spins on an axis. When on side is bright, another side is dark.

Just now, FmPhenom said:

I Cant believe this forum is giving advice on turbocharging a car to a kid who is not old enough to drive.

You do realize the poster is a freshman.

DISCLAIMER: I AM. 15 YEAR OLD HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMAN 

better ? ;)