am I outdated ?

Guest D1G1T4L1Z3R

Hello,

I see many new cards that looks very awesome like a cheap card... the MSI HAWK 760 (not so cheap but yeah...)

Many some others like 770's with a fully customized design, I see also this MSI MPOWER.... that card looks totally awesome !

I actually own a 3570K + GTX670 + GTX670 + 8GB XMP + 1000W + 7200.14 (boot) + 7200.12 (mass) (and I will soon receive the Samsung 840 EVO 250GB)

And.. my components aren't so beautiful or had a great design...

39d8692f_IMG_20130814_194214.jpeg

Do you think that I'm outdaged for games like Battlefield 4 ? because my Battlefield 3 isn't such optimized at all... still lagging in explosions and stuff

Look in my signature and you will see that I'm "outdated" yet I can still max nearly all of the games apart from blockbuster AAA games. In other words if the system plays everything you want it to and does it at a good frame rate then it's not outdated.

Not at all. A PC like that will last you years.

EDIT: Be grateful you actually have components like that... doesn't matter if they're one year old. They perform well.

You'll be fine. 

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Outdated? LOL I am running a 2 core Intel cpu (very very old I forgot it's name) and a 9600GT gpu. Even though I can still play new games on 1080p (BF3 all low 25-30fps) considering BF is a pretty demanding game. So back to your question, you are definitely not outdated and will run new games for years to come.

i really hate it when people use that term

if u have a Q6600 ill understand  but not a friggen ivybridge

linus really needs to talk about this issue

or mabye its just how consumerism is indoctrinated within us

Consume - Buy !!!!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I may be need to upgrade to windows 8 because this may have a newer kernel and optimises the components at the maximum ?

The perfect machine is everything after a good software optimisation, I'm good at this... but I finally understood that not that much...

you are fine

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

i really hate it when people use that term

if u have a Q6600 ill understand  but not a friggen ivybridge

linus really needs to talk about this issue

or mabye its just how consumerism is indoctrinated within us

Consume - Buy !!!!!

a q6600 is a solid processor, if you throw in a proper gpu i think it could still function properly

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Nice Machine not out of date i'm hoping to add another 680 to my machine and hope it lasts me for a long time and let me play Star Citizen on Max lol

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

I may be need to upgrade to windows 8 because this may have a newer kernel and optimises the components at the maximum ?

The perfect machine is everything after a good software optimisation, I'm good at this... but I finally understood that not that much...

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

a q6600 is a solid processor, if you throw in a proper gpu i think it could still function properly

on bf3 i didnt get any loss in FPS when i switched from a qx6700 to a  2600k

on high 1600p

but there are many other games that are CPU hungry

check out the review at legitreviews.com q6600 vs 4770k

my cpu was soo old

its wasnt even stable at 3.2ghz not even 2.9 i had to go to 2.6 stock

95% load all the time on bf3 :)

The perfect machine is everything after a good software imitation, I'm good at this... but I finally understood that not that much...

I would stick with Windows 7, the difference is almost non existant.

Absolutely not! that is a great system!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Just an off topic question. Why is the intel i5 badge inside the case?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I personally think you will be fine because you have a multi-card setup and BF4 will hopefully be more optimized in SLI than BF3. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

*derp engage*You left the plastic cover on the second "crossfire" finger. Your performance of your radeon 670 has been reduced by -20%. At this rate you wont be about to run furmark on the ultra preset.

*derp disengaged* screw it just play some games and enjoy them, worry later.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Outdated? LOL I am running a 2 core Intel cpu (very very old I forgot it's name) and a 9600GT gpu. Even though I can still play new games on 1080p (BF3 all low 25-30fps) considering BF is a pretty demanding game. So back to your question, you are definitely not outdated and will run new games for years to come.

Kudos for 9600GT. :D

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

I would stick with Windows 7, the difference is almost non existant.

may be msi fastbood and windows 8 feature on msi bios ... I need to test them

Just an off topic question. Why is the intel i5 badge inside the case?

I chose this place because when I had to take pictures of the interior, like that it will be there... I will do the same with the ssd sticker

I personally think you will be fine because you have a multi-card setup and BF4 will hopefully be more optimized in SLI than BF3. :)

let's pray a lot... but I saw in required vga you have to have a gtx660 so it's kepler based

*derp engage*You left the plastic cover on the second "crossfire" finger. Your performance of your radeon 670 has been reduced by -20%. At this rate you wont be about to run furmark on the ultra preset.

*derp disengaged* screw it just play some games and enjoy them, worry later.

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I am running a laptop. AMD E2-3000M APU 1.8Ghz Dual Core CPU and an AMD Radeon HD 6380M. You'll do fine pal. Why would you call a 1 year old component old? For me I'd still call it new.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

I am running a laptop. AMD E2-3000M APU 1.8Ghz Dual Core CPU and an AMD Radeon HD 6380M. You'll do fine pal. Why would you call a 1 year old component old? For me I'd still call it new.

why u bring this thread back? 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point