Dark Souls III 60FPS confirmed by developer twitter.

Sharkyx1

Here it is folks, after a long wait From Software confirms that the PC version of Dark Souls III will support 60FPS on launch

Very glad to hear after some contradictory reports out of leakers and other roumor mills, that the game will deliver 60FPS on launch with no modifications necessary.  

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

The 60fps mod for Dark Souls 1 made me fall through the floor when sliding down ladders all the time, it was frustrating. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Lol wut, from a person having never playing Dark Souls. This is weird, i've heard stuff like this in shitty console ports and fps caps.

I5 4460 | Sapphire R7 265 | 8gb DDR3

Just now, netherbawss235 said:

Lol wut, from a person having never playing Dark Souls. This is weird, i've heard stuff like this in shitty console ports and fps caps.

Haven't played DS 2, but the first Dark Souls had an FPS cap on PC (30 I believe) and you could only achieve 60fps with a mod. After modding Skyrim to death, I hate downloading mods for games just to make them playable.

does anyone else not care about the framerate delivery and just want games that are hardware | software optimized instead?  i see 60fps and its like "shouldnt that just be a given already?".and then you look at how stupidly problematic Dark Souls 1 was with its controller and resolution support. 

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Is dark souls a game worth playing for the storyline or gameplay?

i saw some posts about the part where you kill your best friend or something??

Its worth playing the game for the grinding alone, the progress that you see in your gameplay is satisfying in my opinion. To watch yourself suck less and less as you get better at combat and timing it really rewarding. oh yeah, the story and lore is pretty cool too

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

3 minutes ago, branden_lucero said:

does anyone else not care about the framerate delivery and just want games that are hardware | software optimized instead?  i see 60fps and its like "shouldnt that just be a given already?".and then you look at how stupidly problematic Dark Souls 1 was with its controller and resolution support. 

Having confirmation on the game being able to run at 60fps is a part of optimization for PC. I would really like them to have no fps cap at all so the people who run at 120/144hz won't have to revert back to the peasantry of 60fps.

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Is dark souls a game worth playing for the storyline or gameplay?

i saw some posts about the part where you kill your best friend or something??

Yes, its my favourite 3D game of all time for its fantastic and original game design when it comes to its combat, but it also has an interesting world to explore and learn about.

2 minutes ago, netherbawss235 said:

Dark Souls 1 had a framerate cap and only rendered in 1024x768, Dark Souls II was unlocked in both regards but there were rumours that this game would be locked in framerate

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It better not be capped at 60.

Dark Souls II was.

Just now, Kloaked said:

Having confirmation on the game being able to run at 60fps is a part of optimization for PC. I would really like them to have no fps cap at all so the people who run at 120/144hz won't have to revert back to the peasantry of 60fps.

i care more about whether spending $800+ on an XF or SLI set up wont go to waste, or whether DX12 is a big deal.. i can care about framerates any other time. but when it comes to my hardware, i want to know its not going to waste, when cheaper hardware becomes a better value for the games you  play.

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

1 minute ago, branden_lucero said:

i care more about whether spending $800+ on an XF or SLI set up wont go to waste, or whether DX12 is a big deal.. i can care about framerates any other time. but when it comes to my hardware, i want to know its not going to waste, when cheaper hardware becomes a better value for the games you  play.

You waste money on building gaming PCs and buying games in general. I see what you're saying, and I agree, but you have to realize that's your choice to spend that much money on a high-powered PC.

Anyways though, I said a high framerate like having 60fps is part of the optimization of the PC version of the game. If I may use The Division as a prime example of what a PC version should look like, it includes things such as tons of UI adjustments, audio options, and a myriad of other things which also includes proper graphic options with added text on what the setting actually does (Shadow of Mordor did this too I believe). Performance isn't the only thing that matters, but it is a major thing, so I understand that.

I wrote out a whole list of things on a thread someone made, asking PC gamers what we want in a PC game. One of my bullet points were that if a publisher/developer is going to release their game on PC, they need to make it into a proper PC version and not half ass it -- don't wait six months after release to (maybe) fix everything. Release it when it's ready, and make it damn good, because if they do that, then the community will spread the word like wildfire and that will increase sales way more than dank marketing campaigns.

My most anticipated game of the year. One more month... ughhh. ><

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

14 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

it is.

Garbage. Absolute garbage then.

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Garbage. Absolute garbage then.

I don't think any souls fans here were expecting any more from From Software, this will at least give a stable experience unlike all the issues that plagued running DS1 at 60 FPS.

18 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

I don't think any souls fans here were expecting any more from From Software, this will at least give a stable experience unlike all the issues that plagued running DS1 at 60 FPS.

Yeah but how hard is it for them to stop tying physics to the frame rate? Honestly.

13 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah but how hard is it for them to stop tying physics to the frame rate? Honestly.

It's probably part of their game design process. It's more than just physics, the durability is done on a by frame basis. The game relies on I-frames  and other parts of frame data. For online purposes there probably is only so much variability they can deal with 

The most important part is the actual quality of the game, frame rate caps can't make a good game bad or a bad game good from the lack of one. If dark souls 3 is like the first 30fps wouldn't bother me, but if it's like the second game it won't matter the fps it runs at 

I thought this might be the case. I mean, the original source was support staff.. How would they know??

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Japan makes a lot of weird design decisions when it comes to video games. Something to remember is that the PC is not even remotely a notable platform in Japan so even when developers are developing for multiple platforms they're not always going to take a lot of PC specific things into consideration. Not defending it or saying it's right, but that's the current reality of Japanese development. It will take a long time for things to change.

Great, let's hope this release doesn't suffer from the weapon durability issue that plagued Dark Souls 2 while running at 60fps...

3 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

Here it is folks, after a long wait From Software confirms that the PC version of Dark Souls III will support 60FPS on launch

Very glad to hear after some contradictory reports out of leakers and other roumor mills, that the game will deliver 60FPS on launch with no modifications necessary.  

There where no contradictory reports. Here is what happened:

1. some random person asks email tech support if the game will run at 60fps.

2. Tech support 'seems' like they might have the ear of the dev's but you'd only think so if you didn't know how expendable tech support is compared to server ops / devops /pure dev. Tech support is talking out their ass and 'says' 30 fps.

3. random person posts to /r/pcmr

4. /r/pcmr overreacts as it's a giant circle jerk, claims of canceling pre-orders etc ensue, mass hysteria.

5. smart people realise that this is a non-story, and every previous game indicates 60fps is possible/probable on pc release. these voices of reason and logic are quickly drowned out by /r/pcmr circle jerking.

6. developer has to step in and say 'seriously? 60fps will be supported, what you smoking? i want some.'

7. /r/pcmr moves onto the next circle jerk.

2 hours ago, TrigrH said:

Keep in mind that was from's first pc port/game. Every other port from from has been good or great.