Dark Souls III 60FPS confirmed by developer twitter.

Sharkyx1

Okay, but will it run PROPERLY at 60fps?

If their other games are any indications you'll run half as fast, not jump as far and take twice as much damage while running at 60fps vs 30fps.

I don't know why game devs still even consider making game physics based off your FPS. Seems like an outdated way to program a game imo. 

*glances over at fallout 4*

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Quibiss said:

Their first PC port was Ninja Blade, which was awful aswell. And the DS2 PC port was basic at best and far from good/great. But I appreciate that Japanese gaming companies starting to acknowledge the PC platform now (Capcom was a rare exception, shit DLC policies, but hey, they knew how to make solid PC ports) and spend more and more effort for a good PC gaming expirience. I am looking forward to DS3, if only Bloodborne would get a PC port someday.

They had an outside studio do the Ninja Blade port. DS1 was the first port they handled in-house.

ZOMG! What? You're going to cap the FPS at a low amount instead of an absurdly low amount? THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing what is considered the bare minimum expected for a PC game!

14 hours ago, Blake said:

There where no contradictory reports. Here is what happened:

1. some random person asks email tech support if the game will run at 60fps.

2. Tech support 'seems' like they might have the ear of the dev's but you'd only think so if you didn't know how expendable tech support is compared to server ops / devops /pure dev. Tech support is talking out their ass and 'says' 30 fps.

3. random person posts to /r/pcmr

4. /r/pcmr overreacts as it's a giant circle jerk, claims of canceling pre-orders etc ensue, mass hysteria.

5. smart people realise that this is a non-story, and every previous game indicates 60fps is possible/probable on pc release. these voices of reason and logic are quickly drowned out by /r/pcmr circle jerking.

6. developer has to step in and say 'seriously? 60fps will be supported, what you smoking? i want some.'

7. /r/pcmr moves onto the next circle jerk.

There was more than a little speculation and no word from development on the matter, I don't think there was reason enough to just assume it would run at 60. I'm glad we know now for sure now 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

When my brother told me this, I was like "wasn't that a thing already" since I expect every game to be at least 60fps. Then he told me that was not a thing in previous games on PC and I was like wtf.

1 hour ago, NateGSR117 said:

When my brother told me this, I was like "wasn't that a thing already" since I expect every game to be at least 60fps. Then he told me that was not a thing in previous games on PC and I was like wtf.

The first was petitioned to be releases on PC one year after the console release and the developers said at the start it probably wouldn't be good, it was capped at 30FPS and 1024*768. There was a tool released that unlocked both values 

The second game had a pc release planned from the start, it was one month later or so, unlocked resolution and a 60fps cap, there was a issue where weapons degraded 2x as fast at 60 fps though. 

The second games GOTY version included a DX11 update and an extra coop slot  for online. It released the same day as the console versions. It was priced at 30 for owners of the base game and 20 for DLC owners, people didn't like that 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

16 hours ago, obsidian1200 said:

Great, let's hope this release doesn't suffer from the weapon durability issue that plagued Dark Souls 2 while running at 60fps...

Which has been fixed, so I imagine they will not recreate the issue. 

It better run at 60 fps at minimum, or even locked for that fact. Otherwise, totally terrible.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 3/11/2016 at 8:52 PM, branden_lucero said:

does anyone else not care about the framerate delivery and just want games that are hardware | software optimized instead?  i see 60fps and its like "shouldnt that just be a given already?".and then you look at how stupidly problematic Dark Souls 1 was with its controller and resolution support. 

^this.

Why are we praising games for doing the absolute barest minimum?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

FPS caps in 2016 4Head.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Honestly, There shouldn't be any game that locks for FPS like it would for consoles. We got the hardware to run this way beyond 60fps. Microsoft and Sony should stop trying to make PC games be locked at 30fps aswell. Little pricks.  

5 hours ago, danielsuarez369 said:

There shouldn't be any game that locks for FPS like it would for consoles.

Microsoft and Sony should stop trying to make PC games be locked at 30fps aswell. Little pricks.  

So you think fighting games shouldn't have frame rate  locks? That's just one of quite a few games that use frame data inherently in the gameplay 

I honestly don't believe this story at all, whens the last time you heard about a new game having a 30fps cap? I don't think there's been one in like, 3 years 

7 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

^this.

Why are we praising games for doing the absolute barest minimum?

Dark souls, the original is one of the best 3D games ever and one of the worst ports at the same time. I think it's worth the bad port to have it on the platform