Netflix -: Discontent over blocking VPN's . Your thoughts ?

Time to join the ranks, laddie.

pirate600.jpg

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

They have to do it because of the scumbags in Hollywood are pretty much holding them at ransom-if they don't block VPN, the geoblocking scumbags pull Netflix's license to stream their shows. content.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The companies that license the shows and movies to Netflix set the region restrictions. Netflix only enforces these restrictions or else they lose the license.So if you want someone to be mad at, be mad at those companies.

Funny I use vpn's and watch Netflix and Live in the US. No issues. 

I call BS on Netflix's part.

If Netflix can detect a VPN user then the VPN Host is not working or doing its job properly.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

To add insult to injury, the motherfucking source article interrupts you while reading to bitch about ad block. Fuck the lot of them up the ass with a cactus.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Netflix can suck my dick. They have been damn shittier the last months, the content totally suck ass.

Glad we have Showbox.....and pirates!!!!!!!111 In your face, you greedy Dollywood!

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Blocking paying customers from accessing content they want to see, just because a bunch of rights holders for said content in other countries still live under a rock... What a great idea. Can't wait for a day where imaginary borders no longer exist on the internet... Too bad it most likely won't happen in my lifetime... or the next.

All this will do is that the paying customers will stop paying and go back to torrenting the shows and movies they want to see, because it's quick and easy. Netflix was the "easiest" way yet it's no longer an option for many now.

Like many have said before, piracy is a distribution problem. People (I included), aren't willing to go to a store to rent/buy movies/series anymore. While there are others ways to acquire movies, like on Google Play or Amazon, it's still way more expensive than if you just paid a flat fee for a Netflix-like service.

My cable provider is "trying" to offer such a service for $9.99/month.. then you read the fine prints and it says you need to also be subscribed to their terribly expensive TV service... GJ.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

24 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Blocking paying customers from accessing content they want to see, just because a bunch of rights holders for said content in other countries still live under a rock... What a great idea. Can't wait for a day where imaginary borders no longer exist on the internet... Too bad it most likely won't happen in my lifetime... or the next.

All this will do is that the paying customers will stop paying and go back to torrenting the shows and movies they want to see, because it's quick and easy. Netflix was the "easiest" way yet it's no longer an option for many now.

Like many have said before, piracy is a distribution problem. People (I included), aren't willing to go to a store to rent/buy movies/series anymore. While there are others ways to acquire movies, like on Google Play or Amazon, it's still way more expensive than if you just paid a flat fee for a Netflix-like service.

My cable provider is "trying" to offer such a service for $9.99/month.. then you read the fine prints and it says you need to also be subscribed to their terribly expensive TV service... GJ.

TBH, they scumbags behind the geoblocking-and those that continue it-will probably end up being the most haunted people on Earth.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

25 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

It isn't that they want to block the content, it's that they are legally obligated to. So as said before, not Netflix' fault.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

dunno, i don't have netflix

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Its sucks for people in the affects area but you can't hate a company for doing what it needs to do in order to avoid being sued.

Intel i5 6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 390

Netflix seems pretty inconsistent with blocking anyways. Most of the time it will let me watch while using a VPN. A few times I'll be blocked and I just need to wait a bit and can get back to it. Netflix doesn't want to block VPN users. They are being backed into a corner where they have to or they can lose their licenses to stream shows. I'd guess that maybe Netflix is purposely being lax. They may not be but then that means that they are just incompetent...

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Whenever I see something that's going to promote piracy... @1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G_L9tXEwmc

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

If a company doesn't want me to pay to watch their movie, they are absolutely not going to stop me watching it. They're only gonna stop the paying part.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

30 minutes ago, Admiral Naismith said:

Whenever I see something that's going to promote piracy... @1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G_L9tXEwmc

I prefer this one xD

Spoiler

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

2 hours ago, Bensemus said:

I prefer this one xD

Hide contents

Don't think I've ever seen anyone start singing and dancing like that when they torrent a movie...

btw, my eyes, they've been impaled...

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

The people who are mad at Netflix for blocking VPNs make my laugh so hard it hurts. Netflix is not blocking VPNs for fun, they are blocking VPNs so they can sell a service with quality content. If they didn't block VPNs people would be pissed at them for not having good movies or shows (but hey, at least your VPN works).

-KuJoe

35 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

The people who are mad at Netflix for blocking VPNs make my laugh so hard it hurts. Netflix is not blocking VPNs for fun, they are blocking VPNs so they can sell a service with quality content. If they didn't block VPNs people would be pissed at them for not having good movies or shows (but hey, at least your VPN works).

People are mad cuz they hate geo blocking and for a long time Netflix took no action to block VPN users. Now that they do people are blaming Netflix when it's the owners of the shows that are demanding this. 

laptop

5 hours ago, KuJoe said:

That's already the case almost everywhere that isn't the US though...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 hours ago, TetraSky said:

That's already the case almost everywhere that isn't the US though...

If you think it's bad now, imagine how bad it will be when they don't have any studios willing to do business with them.

-KuJoe

I'd just like to add that I'm sure most regions will moan about content and say elsewhere has better etc etc... But honestly. Have any of you in the US or Canada actually used the UK region or elsewhere for content? If I want to watch anywhere near 90% of the films you guys have available I need to pay for 'NowTV' which is an additional £9.99 on top of the £12.99 I already pay. (Or whatever it is for 4K content) I don't mind paying the same and receiving the same content (I know it's not Netflix' fault) but I need to pay double and still won't be able to see the same amount of series or films as what you receive. (Mainly I'm annoyed about not being able to re-watch the walking dead, I already own them all on blink box, unfortunately my TV supports Netflix and nowTV... BUT NOT BLINKBOX!) 

also ive now lost fox as a channel on BT TV and bbc three doesn't exist as a regular channel so the walking dead, American dad and family guy are all things id be sorted with if the content holders didn't suck complete ass and would just allow me to watch something I am actually paying for... Because I am contributing to that pot of profit. 

Oh, and just because... Kind of adds insult to injury that I can see what other regions have and then when I try to watch it tells me to do one. Just don't let me login using a VPN please. Instead of dangling a carrot in front of me and then snatching it away. 

Anyway, rant over... Guess I'll just watch house of cards. 

Gaming Rig

I7 6700k

Corsair H60

Asus Z170A

HyperX Fury 16GB

MSI GTX 1080 Armor

250GB Samsung 750 evo SSD

1TB WD Blue

Zalman Z11+

Guest PC

I5 3570k

16GB G skill ripjaws