Stream PS4 games to your PC or Mac with next system update

Guest Kloaked
48 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

You want me to lay down a 7 to 10 meter hdmi cable ?

why not

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

8 hours ago, suxen said:

We have these things called HDMI cables.

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun

1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
    synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing; More

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

"Hybrid guys" gamer's a gamer, sorry. Doesn't matter how we do it, we're all the same.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

20 hours ago, cesrai said:

Gosh, they just don't elfin care. It's not like they can't do it they just don't elfin care at all. They buy a console just to P&P and just play and have fun.

Also, they don't hold the industry back.

This is great now I can play when someone else is using the TV, maybe finally I will get to speed run last of us.

What the fuck does "elfin" mean?

1 hour ago, suxen said:

Obviously it's a clipped version of the present progressive tense of the verb "to elf." I think he missed an apostrophe though, so it should really be " elfin' ".

1 hour ago, suxen said:

*effin

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

1 hour ago, Sebastian said:

Obviously it's a clipped version of the present progressive tense of the verb "to elf." I think he missed an apostrophe though, so it should really be " elfin' ".

This.  Brilliant.

EDIT

I laughed out loud (since lol doesn't actually mean this anymore) in work and was asked what was so funny.

You nearly had me fired.

Worth it though.

45 minutes ago, cesrai said:

*effin

Don't believe you.  Who makes identical typos twice in the same sentence, unless, of course, "elfin" is indeed what you meant to type..

5 hours ago, Mushious said:

"Hybrid guys" gamer's a gamer, sorry. Doesn't matter how we do it, we're all the same.

No we aren't.  

If you use a joystick for fps you are clinically brain dead and in need of either sectioning or euthanasia.

13 hours ago, suxen said:

No we aren't.  

If you use a joystick for fps you are clinically brain dead and in need of either sectioning or euthanasia.

That right there is a bigoted statement. Chill out and learn to accept people do things differently to you.

Green With Envy

and they still do not understand... Nobody wants to play a console on their pc...

3 hours ago, Mushious said:

That right there is a bigoted statement. Chill out and learn to accept people do things differently to you.

No it isn't.

bigot
ˈbɪɡət/
noun

1. a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.
    "don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
    synonyms: dogmatist, partisan, sectarian, prejudiced person; More

In no way is it possible ANYONE could hold the opinion that a joystick is better than a mouse and keyboard for fps.

I simply want those who do use joystick over keyboard and mouse to be euthanised so their bodies can be harvested and used for furthering the lives of those with more brain cells.

58 minutes ago, suxen said:

No it isn't.

bigot
ˈbɪɡət/
noun

1. a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.
    "don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
    synonyms: dogmatist, partisan, sectarian, prejudiced person; More

In no way is it possible ANYONE could hold the opinion that a joystick is better than a mouse and keyboard for fps.

I simply want those who do use joystick over keyboard and mouse to be euthanised so their bodies can be harvested and used for furthering the lives of those with more brain cells.

You want to kill people because they enjoy a different play style. That's biggoted.

Green With Envy

2 hours ago, Mushious said:

You want to kill people because they enjoy a different play style. That's biggoted.

I also want to kill people who can't spell bigoted.  Also please re-read definition of a "bigot" and think about my response to your initial, very hurtful, comment towards me.

Unless for some bizarre, derailed and moronic reason you actually believe a joystick is better for fps and you hold that opinion - I am by definition a bigot.  Otherwise read up, boy.  Somehow I doubt this.

You are, in fact, a bigot because you incorrectly interpret my held opinion on people who use joysticks, and are intolerant towards my HELD OPINION. 

Let's face it, people buy consoles cos they can't afford pc's.  They want plug and play and they enjoy games which aren't fps and therefore joystick is a fine option.  If cross platform existed the ranking table would look like this for fps - 

rank 1 - 3 billion:

keyboard and mouse

rank 3 billion - 7 billion

joystick

42 minutes ago, suxen said:

Unless for some bizarre, derailed and moronic reason you actually believe a joystick is better for fps and you hold that opinion - I am by definition a bigot.  

~wireless 

~compact solution

~usable outside a desk situation, standing up 

~Analog movement >wasd

Ezpz

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

11 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

~wireless 

~compact solution

~usable outside a desk situation, standing up 

~Analog movement >wasd

Ezpz

NONE  of these are fps specific.  But nice try... ahem.

And analogue movement doesn't come close to wasd plus mouse.  Think about it..

17 minutes ago, suxen said:

NONE  of these are fps specific.  But nice try... ahem.

Yeah, they are universal advantages of the controllers 

Controllers trade technical accuracy for convenience, comfort, versatility, and 4 player multiplayer support 

But they don't need to be better in every way to be useful, they just need to get the job done 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Just now, Sharkyx1 said:

Yeah, they are universal advantages of the controllers 

Controllers trade technical accuracy for convenience, comfort, versatility, and 4 player multiplayer support 

But they don't need to be better in every way to be useful, they just need to get the job done 

Couldn't of said it better myself.

So basically controllers are inferior to keyboard and mouse for fps. 

EZPZ

And streaming means playing the games on PC right, or just "showing" it on PC? Still very confused about streaming...

On 3/2/2016 at 4:25 AM, Trik'Stari said:

Better idea:

Ditch the console hardware, make your console OS a platform for gaming on PC (like Steam, etc), and just let the consoles die already.

Without consoles I would have had a very boring childhood. My parents couldn't afford PCs or upgrades with a large family like mine. I think the better alternative would be to remove console exclusives and make games work between each platform via an account.

(although I ain't gonna lie a Playstation/Sony platform like Steam would be awesome haha)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

10 minutes ago, Albatross said:

And streaming means playing the games on PC right, or just "showing" it on PC? Still very confused about streaming...

Without consoles I would have had a very boring childhood. My parents couldn't afford PCs or upgrades with a large family like mine. I think the better alternative would be to remove console exclusives and make games work between each platform via an account.

(although I ain't gonna lie a Playstation/Sony platform like Steam would be awesome haha)

Streaming is basically where the processing is happening elsewhere. 

Technically you are streaming when playing a ps4, as you are streaming from your ps4 to your TV.

Realistically though this isn't considered streaming.  I would consider the most basic form of streaming being streaming from your PC in your bedroom to your TV in your living room.  Be it via HDMI or WIFI or your ISP.

1 hour ago, suxen said:

Couldn't of said it better myself.

So basically controllers are inferior to keyboard and mouse for fps. 

EZPZ

There's a use case for either. a mouse is going to be more technically accurate.

If technical accuracy was our only goal we wouldn't have moved from CRTs and VR would be a mistake. Some people want different things from games.

2 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

There's a use case for either. a mouse is going to be more technically accurate.

If technical accuracy was our only goal we wouldn't have moved from CRTs and VR would be a mistake. Some people want different things from games.

So you don't want technical accuracy in a first person shooter?

Just now, suxen said:

So you don't want technical accuracy in a first person shooter?

Would you ask that of anyone who is getting VR? i mean it won't be as accurate as a mouse.

I play games like CS GO, i'll use a mouse obviously, but if i want to play something with my friends im not gonna lay out 4 desks in my living room. I might use a controller with a slower paced game too.