Stream PS4 games to your PC or Mac with next system update

Guest Kloaked

ORIGINAL ARTICLE

ps4-remote-play.jpg

It's finally here. What everyone's been asking for is finally here!

/s

In all seriousness though, those of you hybrid freaks with a PC and a PS4 can now play from one system with this solution, as promised.

One of the PS4's most useful features—in-home remote streaming over a high-speed router—will finally be widely available without the need for proprietary Sony hardware soon. Sony announced on Tuesday that PS4 System Update version 3.5 will bring Remote Play to Windows and Macintosh computers. While the system update will launch in beta tomorrow, the streaming feature won't be available until a full release expected later in the month.

I do hope this works for you hybrid guys. Honestly, it makes sense since Xbox One is able to do the same with the magic that is in Windows 10.

Last year, Microsoft introduced the ability to stream Xbox One games from an in-home network to any Windows 10 computer, a feature that we found surprisingly robust in tests. Sony's new Remote Play expansion goes a bit further than Microsoft's in also allowing Mac owners to get in on the streaming.

I am crossing my fingers for actual cross-platform compatibility in the future. Imagine the consoles are just literally PCs (I know they are, technically, shaddup) with the same type of hardware you can find in desktops/laptops, running the same type of software that makes games work on Windows/whatever OS (Billy Mays here with another fantastic product! It's the WhateverOS!).

Reason I am hoping for actual cross-platform compatibility is because exclusives are bad. Bad bad bad.

52 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

snip

you know what i want?

i want Sony/MS to sell a AIB with a proprietary "Playstation OS" on it. A BT module, and its own SATA connector to run up to a optical drive.

That way, i can just "boot into PS mode" or whatever and use my i7 and R9 295x2 to power PS games.

yeah.... i dont care what that would cost. Uncharted at PC visual fidelity + 60+ FPS... yes. Worth it

This is pretty sweet, I can finally sit in front of my PC and play my PS4 on my pc. Might actually be able to play with friends more often now, lol. I dont have to move my lazy a$$ now, lol.

12 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Sony: Switch the "to" to "from" and I might give a fuck.

ya but they are PS4 games, they don't run on PC.

if you want to stream a PC game to the living room you can already do so with a cheap laptop or a $50 steam link.

Does this mean we'll be able to play PS4 games with a mouse and keyboard? Seems like it could really screw up the balance in first person shooters...

2 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Does this mean we'll be able to play PS4 games with a mouse and keyboard? Seems like it could really screw up the balance in first person shooters...

I think you could already do that on the ps4. Or it may have been the Xbone.

Or both. 

18 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Sony: Switch the "to" to "from" and I might give a fuck.

Better idea:

Ditch the console hardware, make your console OS a platform for gaming on PC (like Steam, etc), and just let the consoles die already.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Better idea:

Ditch the console hardware, make your console OS a platform for gaming on PC (like Steam, etc), and just let the consoles die already.

DX12/Vulkan+ the fact that the consoles have had a throw back to the Xbox Original and are x86 means that's probably a viable alternative. And at any rate, streaming from a PS4 to a PC or Mac defeats the purpose of even having a console.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Better idea:

Considering the factor of the Average Joe casual/non gamer, which everybody seems to magically forget for some reason (that includes you), the latter part will simply not happen any time soon.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

1 minute ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

Considering the factor of the Average Joe casual/non gamer, which everybody seems to magically forget for some reason (that includes you), the latter part will simply not happen any time soon.

Not sure if humorous, or tragic, that people have difficulty installing things on a PC. It's every bit as easy as a console, you just have to use a mouse and keyboard instead of a controller.

Also, I don't care about them. They're willful ignorance is holding back the industry. They can either adapt, or find something else to do

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

9 hours ago, Humbug said:

ya but they are PS4 games, they don't run on PC.

if you want to stream a PC game to the living room you can already do so with a cheap laptop or a $50 steam link.

I think his point was not this, but that PC games don't run on console and some are exclusive .........

I'd love to stream cs 1.6 from my pc to living room console.

A (slightly) out of date PC exclusive list before you start yabbering shite about how there aren't any.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/big-pc-exclusives-of-2016-2017-and-2018-new-31154099/

5 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Yes.  Good.  Now we are starting to open the eyes of fucking morons who fork out £350 for a closed (software) piece of living room tat.

People who buy fps shooters for console are absolute idiots.  All Halo fanboys/fangirls included.

6 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Not sure if humorous, or tragic, that people have difficulty installing things on a PC. It's every bit as easy as a console, you just have to use a mouse and keyboard instead of a controller.

Also, I don't care about them. They're willful ignorance is holding back the industry. They can either adapt, or find something else to do

The statement that "It's every bit as easy as a console" is outright false taking the bigger picture into account. There are people that do not care at all about what an i7, i5 or GeForce GT 9001 does. They just want to buy a system, and then sit down and play some games. You are not even able to do this with an OEM PC. You are assuming that everybody is to our level, which is a hasty assumption, to say the least.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

18 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

It has nothing to do with one's ability to install software on a PC.

I've told you this before: people who play on consoles and not PC just want to plug some shit in and have the console do everything for them. It's got nothing to do with their level of intelligence or will to build a PC.

Console gamers are not holding back the industry. If anything they're helping the industry move forward, because there's a shit ton of PC gamers who exclusively play League of Legends and World of Warcraft and don't need a dank 1337 PC.

6 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

If only could stream PC games to playstation 4 rather then forcing me to buy remote play device and a steam controller.

you don't have to buy a steam controller (though I think it's great). You can use any controller you like or hook up a KB/mouse

4 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

I should't have to buy remote play box either.

If you have a laptop or something it works the same way (for streaming. I stream from my desktop to my laptop in my livingroom.)

Breaking things 1 day at a time

Streaming games sucks because of the latency even with everything hardwired, because there is no getting around physics.   I've got OG borderlands on both PC and on xbox 360, and ive compared streamign the game from pc to playing it natively on the console, and the experience on the console, even with the dumbed down graphics was noticeably smoother and more responsive than streaming the same game from the pc.  Maybe my sensitivity is too much for game streaming, maybe others are ok with it, but going from my native gaming on the pc, to streaming the games over to the TV set is a huge difference and I simply stopped doing it. .

Rock On!

1 minute ago, BroliviaWilde said:

Streaming games sucks because of the latency even with everything hardwired, because there is no getting around physics.   I've got OG borderlands on both PC and on xbox 360, and ive compared streamign the game from pc to playing it natively on the console, and the experience on the console, even with the dumbed down graphics was noticeably smoother and more responsive than streaming the same game from the pc.  Maybe my sensitivity is too much for game streaming, maybe others are ok with it, but going from my native gaming on the pc, to streaming the games over to the TV set is a huge difference and I simply stopped doing it. .

it depends on the quality of your LAN

14 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

I should't have to buy remote play box either.

use something you already have... Maybe a laptop. You need something to plug the controllers into, which talks to your main gaming PC, and decodes the video stream.

Now I can stream my PS4 from my 60" TV an entire 3 ft to my 27" monitor. yay

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

5 minutes ago, Humbug said:

it depends on the quality of your LAN

I've got a good home network, and even with everythign hardwired the latency is still there.  Even the guys over at PCPer said the same thing when they reviewed game streaming devices such as the shield and the steam link.  Again, it comes down to the sensitivity of a person to the latency, I notice it, especially in action, shooter and racing games and it is a turn off.  I'm not trying to argue that everyone should not buy into it, just giving my perspective that the latency is noticeable.

Rock On!

1 hour ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

The statement that "It's every bit as easy as a console" is outright false taking the bigger picture into account. There are people that do not care at all about what an i7, i5 or GeForce GT 9001 does. They just want to buy a system, and then sit down and play some games. You are not even able to do this with an OEM PC. You are assuming that everybody is to our level, which is a hasty assumption, to say the least.

Absolutely, and we haven't taken into consideration peripherals and their cost.

1 hour ago, Arokhantos said:

If only could stream PC games to playstation 4 rather then forcing me to buy remote play device and a steam controller.

We have these things called HDMI cables.

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Gosh, they just don't elfin care. It's not like they can't do it they just don't elfin care at all. They buy a console just to P&P and just play and have fun.

Also, they don't hold the industry back.

This is great now I can play when someone else is using the TV, maybe finally I will get to speed run last of us.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650