Impressive specs on the new iPhone 5s

cYbErpILs

Who would give so much money for a crap phone....

*uses iPod touch and nothing else*

If you're gonna spend that much, spend it on something worthwhile like a pc :D

Found the supposed specs of the The new Apple A7 proccessor. Apparently it is a Dual Core clocked at 1.7 GHz and is using ARMv8 Its using some form of PowerVR for graphics. keep in mind this is wikipedia and this may not be 100% correct.

LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A7

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Found the supposed specs of the The new Apple A7 proccessor. Apparently it is a Dual Core clocked at 1.7 GHz and is using ARMv8 Its using some form of PowerVR for graphics. keep in mind this is wikipedia and this may not be 100% correct.

LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A7

I'm sceptical of a Wikipedia article...

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

just reporting what news is available. Thats why i didnt make a seperate topic for this lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

just reporting what news is available. Thats why i didnt make a seperate topic for this lol

Fair enough... It seems likely enough, although I suspect it's on a smaller die. The dual core makes sense though. A quad core would be too powerful for a phone and chew through battery. Sometime, my s4 does alright with it's quad

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I will just get a ios7 ROM

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Fair enough... It seems likely enough, although I suspect it's on a smaller die. The dual core makes sense though. A quad core would be too powerful for a phone and chew through battery. Sometime, my s4 does alright with it's quad

I think a quad core at a low clock speed(and therefore lower voltage) would do the trick. I sort of dislike how apple is sticking to dual cores if, indeed this iphone 5s has a dual core.

Spoiler

Does anyone know the dye size yet?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Does anyone know the dye size yet?

Someone earlier said same as haswell, 22 but the wiki article says 32

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Android has the flexibility to do whatever you want with your phone, I might choose an iPhone if there was the possibility of it running Android. On the other hand, the screen is still too small for me to consider buying it in the first place

Meh, still waiting for Nexus 5. But I look forward how well it stacks up in real life performance and battery life, also I hope they shortened animations, they're atrociously long and deliver nothing good.

What about your 4S? Was it not perfectly fine?

I don't remember having a 4s. I had a 3Gs before my 5 and I was just stunned by the 4" retina. Never wanna go back to sub 300ppi

144Hz goodness

Impressed by the CPU design. Seems very beast for a smartphone CPU and I like how the M7 takes the tasks for processing sensors information. Hopefully, if it bumps the battery life by any significant degree, then it'll be implemented by others.
I like how the fingerprint sensor is implemented and it SOUNDS(not sure until I try it myself). One problem I have with most of the current security locks is that it takes a little too long to unlock. I can do a lot more stuff with that 2 seconds. =P

I think Apple's stock says it all.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The new iPhone is interesting but it's not gonna get me buy one. The price is traditional Apple and not really worth paying +1000$. However I have never been any sort of hardcore mobile phone user since most of my work I do with my laptop and pc. The phone I currently have is HTC One X and I probably hang on to it at least a year longer. Even though there are faster devices on the market, I don't really need the extra power for now since I use my phone mainly on web browsing, texting, emailing and phone calls.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

The information present in that article is correct.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You cannot compare the transistor count between two different CPU architectures. Case in point: Vishera and Haswell.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

To me honest i was expecting Apple to release some baller phone to compete against all the android flagships that are already announced. Too bad...

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

I'm puzzled by the price of the 5C.  I thought that they were supposed to take aim at emerging markets that don't get a subsidized price on the phone with contracts, which is most of the world.  Also I've tested ios 7 beta on the iphone 4, 4s and 5.  You really need a minimum of a 4s to run it, the 4 is clunky as heck.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Do you really think its 2/3 the speed of an i7?

Did he say it was?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers