Impressive specs on the new iPhone 5s

cYbErpILs

I'm not an apple hater, I'm getting an iPhone soon, just not the 5s. The 5s can kill itself. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

OK, my bad then, it got better over time, still don't find it that convenient tho.. 

As for the other usages, I don't want to "rub" my phone anywhere :P (like NFC tags or file transfer), i'm not saying it's a bad thing, but useless for these usages IMO. But I have to say NFC + Passbook + fingerprint would be cool so you can get your bus card, credit card, starbucks card, train card on your phone.

u dont need to rub :P

this is what i do with NFC tags

i want to go to sleep

i have a nfc take on the table near my bed

when i put it on the table it sleeps ,dims the screen to the lowest brightness and sets the alarm to 7:30 AM

when i wake up as i leave my room there is another NFC tag on the door

this one removes the alarm , puts it in general and turns on auto brightness

when im in my car the nfc tag on the dashboard turns on GPS and google maps   :)

and this is just the tip of the ice berg

there will be many things that will take advantage of it in the future  just like bluetooth in its early days

not to mention ive seen NFC chips embedded in the batteries it self !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The 1200$ is only in Australia... It's 850 for me here in merrican $

It looks pretty good I think. Don't care too much about the processor inside and all other internal hardware since it's pretty much all fast enough now

iOS 7 looks good but I still think that Android is ahead on a lot of things

The camera is great and the fingerprint scanner is nice as well, though of course a password is still more secure

But would I make the jump if I had a 5? Probably not but that's to be expected now of Apple, every new gen is a small improvement

Also I hope they dealt with the scuffing issue.. The 5C looks pretty nice as well

u dont need to rub :P

this is what i do with NFC tags

i want to go to sleep

i have a nfc take on the table near my bed

when i put it on the table it sleeps ,dims the screen to the lowest brightness and sets the alarm to 7:30 AM

when i wake up as i leave my room there is another NFC tag on the door

this one removes the alarm , puts it in general and turns on auto brightness

when im in my car the nfc tag on the dashboard turns on GPS and google maps   :)

and this is just the tip of the ice berg

there will be many things that will take advantage of it in the future  just like bluetooth in its early days

not to mention ive seen NFC chips embedded in the batteries it self !

OK, didn't know that! That cool acually :) 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4260182476

CPU - Intel 3770k @ 4.5GHz + CM 212 EVO + Noctua NF-F12/ GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX / PSU - Corsair AX860i / Motherboard - Z77A-GD55 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM / HDD - 1.5TB WDC Black - 3.0TB WDC Red - 120GB Sandisk Extreme - 500GB Samsung 850 / Display - Asus PB287Q 4K and Asus VG248 + 3D Vision 2 glasses / Mouse - G500s 

The 5c is just a rip off of what Nokia has been doing with there Lumia line

OK, didn't know that! That cool acually :)

its awesome

The 1200$ is only in Australia... It's 850 for me here in merrican $

It looks pretty good I think. Don't care too much about the processor inside and all other internal hardware since it's pretty much all fast enough now

iOS 7 looks good but I still think that Android is ahead on a lot of things

The camera is great and the fingerprint scanner is nice as well, though of course a password is still more secure

But would I make the jump if I had a 5? Probably not but that's to be expected now of Apple, every new gen is a small improvement

Also I hope they dealt with the scuffing issue.. The 5C looks pretty nice as well

how do u find of the off contract price

i seem to only see the on contract price

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The 5c is just a rip off of what Nokia has been doing with there Lumia line

ur talking about the colors ?

didnt palm do that first ?

"bigger pixels better image"LOL WUT!

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Nope. 5S will be $100 more in the US, even with a contract. I can only imagine it being 200€ more here, but that's another story.

no its not, go look at the apple website and stop making crap up

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

The people that hate Apple just because of all the fanboys are worse then the fanboys themselves. 

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

That price :0

My iPhone 5 does everything I need perfectly fine

What about your 4S? Was it not perfectly fine?

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

no its not, go look at the apple website and stop making crap up

Sorry?

iPhone 5C - 99$ + contract

iPhone 5S - 199$ + contract

Is that not 100$ more? Or am I "making crap up"????????

I wonder how many patents they took this time as their own...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

"bigger pixels better image"LOL WUT!

Clearly have no idea what you are talking about

Also apple has been pulling off colours on stuff for years with their ipods

Having tech in flashy colours is no one's invention

Sorry?

iPhone 5C - 99$ + contract

iPhone 5S - 199$ + contract

Is that not 100$ more? Or am I "making crap up"????????

16gb iPhone has always been 199 with contract. Since the 3GS anyway, I don't know what it was before that

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Still the same old boring iPhone as last year but a bit faster. 

CPU: Core i7 950 @ Stock Cooled by an H80i with Corsair SP120's in push-pull

GPU: Windforce X3 GTX670 @ 1176MHz

RAM: 2GBx6 of Corsair XMS3 1600MHz

and to the ppl that are so passionate about the build quality... "everyone" has a cover for their phone... so GS4 is perfect, and it's WAAAY cheaper... the only thing that is kinda "innovation" on the iPhone 5 S i think is the 64 bit CPU... all the other stuff is bullcrap... I still think Nexus 4 is better and Nexus 5 is going to be epic if they put the S800 in :D

Not a single person in my circle of friends uses a cover on his/hers phone, because they are always ugly and destroy the ergonomics of the phone.

Yes it does matter !

Intel Q6600@3.2Ghz | HD6870 | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
BF3 medium settings | no vSync | 1080p | 50-70fps (:

Ohhhh best bit of the keynote (so far from my watching, It's for 5c but still relevant)

"Arsenic-free display glass"

"Mercury-free display"

"BFR-free"

"PVC-free"

"Yes, and Android-free!"

LOL BURN.

$1200 for a phone and i just:

attachicon.gifalrighty then.jpg

That picture was A$ which means Australian dollar and in Australia tech is overpriced.

It will start at 649USD like every iPhone since the 3GS...

Intel Q6600@3.2Ghz | HD6870 | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
BF3 medium settings | no vSync | 1080p | 50-70fps (:

The 5C is really the worst they could have come up with. 

They take 1 year old hardware, put it in a lower quality casing and sell it for 600€?! Thats like not even funny, I am really not an Apple hater, but dude, what the hell? 

The 5C is really the worst they could have come up with. 

They take 1 year old hardware, put it in a lower quality casing and sell it for 600€?! Thats like not even funny, I am really not an Apple hater, but dude, what the hell?

I'm pretty sure anyone buying the cheap iPhone will be getting it as cheap as possible, as in with contract, so 99 bucks

At least in Germany phones get mostly actually more expensive with a contract. 

They charge you less for the phone but your contract is much more expensive than one without a phone

I personally prefer android, and I have no love for apple, but I must admit that the specs are pretty impressive. a 64bit processor in a phone is awesome.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Seems no one cared that Apple released new phones. WSJ reports that their share prices dropped again today :/

But nowadays, Wall Street sees Apple very differently — and this morning’s much-hyped iPhone announcements from the tech giant did little to stop its year-long descent into stagnation. Apple’s gold phones, 64-bit processors, and fingerprint sensors barely budged the needle on Wall Street, as shares fell more than 2 percent from the day’s opening price of $506.20.

Source:

http://www.wired.com/business/2013/09/apple-annoucements/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly