Impressive specs on the new iPhone 5s

cYbErpILs

I'm waiting to learn more about iOS 7 (the great news is my iPhone 4 is STILL supported, so I'll be trying it out before I have to commit the $$$ for a 5S) ...

What's up with your HTC One? Want to go back to iOS?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

The NSA loves the fingerprint scanner. Once they have your fingerprint, spying on you will be much easier.  :D

"Purported NSA Slides Refer To iPhone Owners As 'Zombies' And Steve Jobs As 'Big Brother'"

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/nsa-iphone-slides-in-der-spiegel-2013-9#ixzz2eWH6hDiF

You have a passport? Because I have my fingerprints in my biometric passport, I went to USA last month and I guess the NSA already has a file with my fingerprints... So I'm not too worried about that...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4260182476

CPU - Intel 3770k @ 4.5GHz + CM 212 EVO + Noctua NF-F12/ GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX / PSU - Corsair AX860i / Motherboard - Z77A-GD55 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM / HDD - 1.5TB WDC Black - 3.0TB WDC Red - 120GB Sandisk Extreme - 500GB Samsung 850 / Display - Asus PB287Q 4K and Asus VG248 + 3D Vision 2 glasses / Mouse - G500s 

iPhone 5C starts at $99

iPhone 5S starts at $199

thats with contract

he was talking about unlocked

iPhone 5C without contract: $549.00

iPhone 5S without contract: $649.00

The prices are on the apple website, go check them out.

thats with contract

the price is way too expensive even for unlocked iphone 5c.

As an example, the price of iPhone 5c (32GB,off contract) in Hong Kong is HKD$5588, and the price of the Galaxy S4 LTE (16GB only, also off-contract) is the same, HKD$5598.

Will you buy the iPhone 5c? I won't...

im VERY certain they already put that in account

this is apple

very sure this multi billion dollar company didnt take security lightly 

i am sure there are multiple time where even the all mighty apple got hacked 

No mention of NFC or Wireless Charging. I think it's pretty clear that Apple has no faith in those technologies.

Current Rig: Windows 8 Pro x64 ASUS M4A87TD-EVO board | AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition OC'd @ 3.81 Ghz | 16GB 1600 Mhz Kingston HyperX | Gigabyte Radeon 6870 1GB | Razer BlackWiddow | Logitech G500S OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD

What's up with your HTC One? Want to go back to iOS?

I'm not married to Android or HTC. The One is still too big for me, but I haven't tried the One Mini yet (really excited to try it) so we'll see if that makes me change my tune.

There are many things that I appreciate about iOS versus Android. Not the least of which is the ability to do a full backup and restore (everything down to the layout of my icons) of my phone without rooting.

No mention of NFC or Wireless Charging. I think it's pretty clear that Apple has no faith in those technologies.

Wireless charging is slow and uses more energy... It's not worth the extra thickness and weight IMO. As for NFC, they have AirDrop, but wireless payment could have been a good idea with the fingerprint sensor.

CPU - Intel 3770k @ 4.5GHz + CM 212 EVO + Noctua NF-F12/ GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX / PSU - Corsair AX860i / Motherboard - Z77A-GD55 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM / HDD - 1.5TB WDC Black - 3.0TB WDC Red - 120GB Sandisk Extreme - 500GB Samsung 850 / Display - Asus PB287Q 4K and Asus VG248 + 3D Vision 2 glasses / Mouse - G500s 

64 bit processor! That's awesome! Still I'm not going to get it...I like big screens...

thats with contract

iPhone 5C without contract: $549.00

iPhone 5S without contract: $649.00

The prices are on the apple website, go check them out.

i  was mistaken

i was looking at a contract vs off contract price

also noticed the price difference between the plastic and the aluminum one is a 100$ for the 16gb model

odd...

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Would you care to elaborate?

I'm buying out of my contract, covering that cost by selling my shitty S3 to recycling, and buying an iPhone 5s on a 24 month contract.

Jokes on them giving me £200 for the S3, I think mine has some kind of hardware fault.

Enjoy paying over a grand for it.

.1237609_593541684034420_955340693_n.jpg

EH myin shows different..

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.

There are many things that I appreciate about iOS versus Android. Not the least of which is the ability to do a full backup and restore (everything down to the layout of my icons) of my phone without rooting.

Agreed for the backup thing.. I was in holiday for two months, couldn't back up my phone on my pc, only on iCloud, then had to swap my iPhone in an Apple Store (dead sleep button), and when I got home, I just had to hit backup from iCloud, and everything single thing came back, even my Safari tabs... 

i am sure there are multiple time where even the all mighty apple got hacked 

Everyone gets hacked at some point so this means nothing...

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.

Wireless charging is slow and uses more energy... It's not worth the extra thickness and weight IMO. As for NFC, they have AirDrop, but wireless payment could have been a good idea with the fingerprint sensor.

anandtech review

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6440/google-nexus-4-review/2

its as fast as USB charging

and the wireless charging "tech" is paper thin .You can see it in the first pic

NFC isnt only for payment ...

for many people its been a joy to use

look at this

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nfc+&oq=nfc+&gs_l=youtube.3..0l10.15382.15382.0.15939.1.1.0.0.0.0.349.349.3-1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.dnJz-ld4rh0

i especially love the NFC tags !!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

What extra weight and thickness? This kit includes a sticker that you can place on the existing back panel. 

Current Rig: Windows 8 Pro x64 ASUS M4A87TD-EVO board | AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition OC'd @ 3.81 Ghz | 16GB 1600 Mhz Kingston HyperX | Gigabyte Radeon 6870 1GB | Razer BlackWiddow | Logitech G500S OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD

Meh.. Apple didn't tickle my tummy this time either.. Really miss those days when Apple was innovative

Everything after the iPhone 4 was crap or not  good enough.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

the prices posted in post 5 are irrelevant cause only retards buy phones for full price and not the deeply discounted contract price

out of contract prices have always been retardly high, for iPhone and any comparable Android phone

lol

Capture.png

Red Top contract price in Portugal:

image.png

200€ + 70€/month for 24 months......... LOL Can't wait for the more expensive iPhone 5S! (NOTTTTTT)

too expansive when a Nexus 4 is 200 bucks... Also I don't like iOS because I like rooting and ROMing. I think mobile processing power is getting pretty amazing, but to be honest I don't really see the point for a phone. I never play games on my phone since its just a bad form factor, even if the graphics were on par with the PC.

Everyone gets hacked at some point so this means nothing...

difference is admitting that there are problems and users knowing what they are getting into. instead of appearing like the almighty god.

anandtech review

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6440/google-nexus-4-review/2

its as fast as USB charging

and the wireless charging "tech" is paper thin .You can see it in the first pic

What extra weight and thickness? This kit includes a sticker that you can place on the existing back panel. 

OK, my bad then, it got better over time, still don't find it that convenient tho.. 

NFC isnt only for payment ...

for many people its been a joy to use

look at this

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nfc+&oq=nfc+&gs_l=youtube.3..0l10.15382.15382.0.15939.1.1.0.0.0.0.349.349.3-1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.dnJz-ld4rh0

i especially love the NFC tags !!!

As for the other usages, I don't want to "rub" my phone anywhere :P (like NFC tags or file transfer), i'm not saying it's a bad thing, but useless for these usages IMO. But I have to say NFC + Passbook + fingerprint would be cool so you can get your bus card, credit card, starbucks card, train card on your phone.

$1200 for a phone and i just:

post-2185-0-71777300-1378844481.jpg

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

lol

Capture.png

Red Top contract price in Portugal:

image.png

200€ + 70€/month for 24 months......... LOL Can't wait for the more expensive iPhone 5S! (NOTTTTTT)

the 5S is gonna be the same price...  Its not like you pay less monthly for an unlocked phone.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

$1200 for a phone and i just:

attachicon.gifalrighty then.jpg

The prices i see are nowhere near that price that dude was showing for a unlocked iphone 5s 64gb is $850.

the 5S is gonna be the same price...  Its not like you pay less monthly for an unlocked phone.

Nope. 5S will be $100 more in the US, even with a contract. I can only imagine it being 200€ more here, but that's another story.