Impressive specs on the new iPhone 5s

cYbErpILs

i'm not against any one who likes these phones. but juts like Samsung SGS4 this phone is full of gimmicks and features that ill loose its novelty after a while. and the the whole unveiling is way too over hyped and the price is just ridiculous.

in my opinion apple have not fixed any of the problems that was with the last phone and the one before and the one before. so until they fix these things and priced right im not going to buy this.

right now im paying more attention to the Sony Xperia Z1  where they fixed all the problems they had with the older Z. (all of them) so i think people who are interested in a new phone look at other manufacturers as well. the ones that actually listens to the community and fixes the problems. 

i hope i didnt start a Apple Vs Every thing else war.

Well, I can certainly say that I'm not regretting my HTC one. Dat price O.o

Other than that, the fingerprint scanner is baller.

HTC one is sexier and more powerful, better screen, better sound, better OS, better battery lol.

I'm waiting to learn more about iOS 7 (the great news is my iPhone 4 is STILL supported, so I'll be trying it out before I have to commit the $$$ for a 5S), but as interesting as the improvements in performance are, I'm still not convinced that phones really need to be that much faster until some new usage models come around. With that said, you need a capable hardware platform before you can start pushing "insert your iPhone into this 3.5" bay and it's basically your PC now"

64-bit is extremely forward-thinking. One of the biggest benefits of it is the ability to address >4GB of RAM. We still don't know how much memory is in the 5S, but we've seen a new multi-tasking interface, and there will certainly be need for more RAM in the future. I'm excited to see Apple making the move now, because that means the app ecosystem can evolve and be READY to leverage more memory before we actually need it.

The camera is GREAT. It's great for Apple, great for consumers, and great for HTC. I just hope people don't forget who ACTUALLY pioneered "ultra pixel"... But of course they will

I love the fingerprint scanner. I'm very careful with my phone and not too worried about theft, but I do use the "try 5x and the phone wipes" feature on my phone just in case. The problem is I also have a baby.... He could easily attempt 5 logins by accident and wipe my phone (parents, you know what I'm talking about). This solves that problem if nothing else. The idea of being able to buy apps by simply using my fingerprint instead of even keying in anything is both awesome and terrifying. Mindless consumerism, here we go... again...

Couldn't care less about the new gold colour... I guess tasteless celebs needed something that only they would be tacky enough to use... and then everyone will use it, and we can move onto something else...? I dunno. w/e

I think that about does it for me for now. More GPU power is interesting, but without a low latency stream to a larger screen I don't think I care yet.

I totally agree, have this delicious bread for reward!

post-2255-0-64577100-1378841299.jpg

i'm not against any one who likes these phones. but juts like Samsung SGS4 this phone is full of gimmicks and features that ill loose its novelty after a while. and the the whole unveiling is way too over hyped and the price is just ridiculous.

in my opinion apple have not fixed any of the problems that was with the last phone and the one before and the one before. so until they fix these things and priced right im not going to buy this.

right now im paying more attention to the Sony Xperia Z1  where they fixed all the problems they had with the older Z. (all of them) so i think people who are interested in a new phone look at other manufacturers as well. the ones that actually listens to the community and fixes the problems. 

i hope i didnt start a Apple Vs Every thing else war.

I don't think they have lost into gimmicks and features yet. Apple still focus on the user experience. You can see Samsung is trying to catch up on that.

But I do agree the phone is crazily overprice, and it is over-hyped.

im gonna get the galaxy note 3, the iphone 5s isnt good enough and the screen is too small. there r other things why i go for the note 3 but they r too many >.<

The NSA loves the fingerprint scanner. Once they have your fingerprint, spying on you will be much easier.  :D

"Purported NSA Slides Refer To iPhone Owners As 'Zombies' And Steve Jobs As 'Big Brother'"

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/nsa-iphone-slides-in-der-spiegel-2013-9#ixzz2eWH6hDiF

Post it on the news section!!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

Specifically regarding the fingerprint thing....

Mythbusters anyone?

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

while this is true, the one good reason to always buy a new phone on release is resale value of your old phone.  When I got my iPhone 5 (which I bought for $450 partial upgrade price from ATT) I was able to sell my 4S for $400.  So my new phone effectively cost me $100 (about $50 for tax on the new phone).  I imagine its the same story with any high end Android phone.  This way you always have the latest phone and usually pay less than the 2 year contract price of the phone.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

A sh**ty presentation. Was expecting something more.

I didn't get what Apple was trying to do. They just presented a lower-cost, cheap plastic iPhone (something that's suppose to be against their values), just 100$ cheaper then the full fledged one. Who it it's clear mind, is going to buy that phone, with those colors (no black, really?), when you have the higher end one for just 100$ more.

You can come at me and say: "It good for users who wanna try the platform... maybe some people can't afford that extra... maybe they're just making more money cause that one is cheaper to produce". Ok, but why don't just grab the iPhone 5 and put it at that price point? Yes, because that's what that "thing" is: an iPhone 5 internals with an Android like external (HTC One apart, obviously). They didn't need to humiliate themselves.

And still, that's not Apple. You can argue, they make expensive stuff, and that there may be better solutions, but in build quality (as Linus says) Apple is the authority. I will never buy an iPhone like that, specially with those bad tasting colors. But that's just my opinion.

The iPhone 5S looks great obviously, the 64 bit CPU is a big improvement (which also implies 4GB of Ram, I believe) and althought not such a user type feature it sure opens a lot of doors to the future. The new camera looks awesome and the fingerprint sensor (if it works well and is well implemented) is a nice addiction. Not really a revolution, but still a nice evolution.

But like I said in the beginning I was expecting something more. It was a let down, even the 5S couldn't save it.

Oh and those covers <_< , I thinks this title sums it all up http://gizmodo.com/apples-iphone-5c-case-looks-like-a-cheese-grater-made-1285565207

Finally! I'll be ordering one on the 20th and sending my S3 garbage for recycling

Would you care to elaborate?

Current Rig: Windows 8 Pro x64 ASUS M4A87TD-EVO board | AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition OC'd @ 3.81 Ghz | 16GB 1600 Mhz Kingston HyperX | Gigabyte Radeon 6870 1GB | Razer BlackWiddow | Logitech G500S OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD

1.most camera features in this video was announced by sony like a week earlier

2. over a billion transistors INCLUDING the gpu so dont over react

3.different color bodies (5c) was already done by motoX and palm (back in the day)

4.why is there this over "emphasis" of 64 bit lol ......

5.still locked down OS ... i mean why not go the android way  i dont even need root anymore on my android

6.coprocessor ( motox )

finger print thing sounds like a good idea

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

A sh**ty presentation. Was expecting something more.

I didn't get what Apple was trying to do. They just presented a lower-cost, cheap plastic iPhone (something that's suppose to be against their values), just 100$ cheaper then the full fledged one. Who it it's clear mind, is going to buy that phone, with those colors (no black, really?), when you have the higher end one for just 100$ more.

You can come at me and say: "It good for users who wanna try the platform... maybe some people can't afford that extra... maybe they're just making more money cause that one is cheaper to produce". Ok, but why don't just grab the iPhone 5 and put it at that price point? Yes, because that's what that "thing" is: an iPhone 5 internals with an Android like external (HTC One apart, obviously). They didn't need to humiliate themselves.

And still, that's not Apple. You can argue, they make expensive stuff, and that there may be better solutions, but in build quality (as Linus says) Apple is the authority. I will never buy an iPhone like that, specially with those bad tasting colors. But that's just my opinion.

The iPhone 5S looks great obviously, the 64 bit CPU is a big improvement (which also implies 4GB of Ram, I believe) and althought not such a user type feature it sure opens a lot of doors to the future. The new camera looks awesome and the fingerprint sensor (if it works well and is well implemented) is a nice addiction. Not really a revolution, but still a nice evolution.

But like I said in the beginning I was expecting something more. It was a let down, even the 5S couldn't save it.

Oh and those covers <_< , I thinks this title sums it all up http://gizmodo.com/apples-iphone-5c-case-looks-like-a-cheese-grater-made-1285565207

the higher end one is more like 400 dollars more.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Would you care to elaborate?

its clearly sarcasm

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

its clearly sarcasm

Sarcasm doesn't come out well in text.

Current Rig: Windows 8 Pro x64 ASUS M4A87TD-EVO board | AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition OC'd @ 3.81 Ghz | 16GB 1600 Mhz Kingston HyperX | Gigabyte Radeon 6870 1GB | Razer BlackWiddow | Logitech G500S OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD

the higher end one is more like 400 dollars more.

iPhone 5C starts at $99

iPhone 5S starts at $199

iPhone 5C starts at $99

iPhone 5S starts at $199

thats with contract

he was talking about unlocked

finger print thing sounds like a good idea

until some one figures out a way to get your fingerprint data and use a 3D printer to print it out using latex and frame you for a murder.... 

Sarcasm doesn't come out well in text.

it does when it ends with "sending my S3 garbage for recycling"

I guess I can say I'm happy about the inclusion of the fingerprint scanner.

The Motorola Atrix was my daily driver from summer 2011 to summer 2012.  I loved its fingerprint scanner.  Keeping your phone secure while still being able to unlock it with the swipe of a finger was awesome.  I still miss it.

But apparently it didn't catch on for some reason, and so when Motorola released the Atrix 2 without a fingerprint scanner, I lost all hope that the technology would flourish.

But now that the 5S has it, and because Apple is so good at telling people what they want, everyone is going to want a fingerprint scanner.  And all the Android handset manufacturers will suddenly implement fingerprint scanners.  And hopefully fingerprint scanners will become the norm on high-end smartphones!

Of course, now we have to deal with all the people crediting Apple for the innovation.  Any phone from here that releases with a fingerprint scanner will be labeled as an Apple copycat.  It'll be frustrating.  But if the technology flourishes, I'll be happy.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

until some one figures out a way to get your fingerprint data and use a 3D printer to print it out using latex and frame you for a murder.... 

im VERY certain they already put that in account

this is apple

very sure this multi billion dollar company didnt take security lightly