LS3 - The 6.2L Mini ITX Gaming Machine

Why not call it "the box" ? /jk

Good job BTW

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

56da49f97ecf0_BannerVersion1.jpg.0506ae8

Update!

After finally overcoming the delays (it's been weeks, I know) I finally had the right template printed and ready to go. I thought I would be able to get more done today but this will have to do, but expect more updates within a few days, as spring break is coming close. But for now, I have transferred the template to the sheet metal, and the cutting process is ready to begin.

I painstakingly cut out the one and only template I had using a box cutter:

DSC_1160.thumb.jpg.bd913bfe36c223ede3db0

And then I used spray adhesive to glue it onto the sheet metal, and from there I spray painted a black coat over it and removed it to essentially copy the template:

DSC_1161.thumb.jpg.33324ee833f51d3f5a193

So again, I thought I would be able to get more done today but the template cutting took a lot longer than I thought it would. But at least the build is progressing. I am also looking for sponsors to add in an R9 Nano, however I am in the early steps of that process so no guarantees as of yet.

That's all for now, more updates to come!

Thanks, @byalexandr

Could have just etched the design into the metal with a screwdriver..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

23 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Could have just etched the design into the metal with a screwdriver..

I don't see the harm in spraying onto the sheet metal, and probably more exact results as well. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

3 minutes ago, derick90 said:

I don't see the harm in spraying onto the sheet metal, and probably more exact results as well. 

Paint is not free

screwdriver he should have

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Fumes 

From what i can tell, the spray painting took place either outside or in a garage on concrete, fumes aren't that much of an issue. Let's compromise however, Should have just used a CNC Router, that'll teach em... 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, derick90 said:

From what i can tell, the spray painting took place either outside or in a garage on concrete, fumes aren't that much of an issue. Let's compromise however, Should have just used a CNC Router, that'll teach em... 

Im an idiot I edited

5 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Paint is not free

You're right, its around $0.99 - $4.00 a can - and the amount that he sprayed, is about.... 1/50th of a can? Also, case modding / scratch builds typically aren't the "economical" route. Annnnywho I'm done bickering over a trivial subject. Nice job with the build OP, can't wait to see it done. =]

HeadsetLogitech G430  

3 hours ago, thekeemo said:

Paint is not free

I have more paint than screwdrivers xD

Really keen to see how this turns out. I've never owned or had much experience with a micro atx or itx, though its always interested me and I might try to do it with an old 2700k build mixed with a nano (or whatever is to come).

Sub'd. :)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Subbed!

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

On 2016-03-10 at 6:15 AM, lolpwnd31 said:

My teachers have REALLY SLOW but REALLY tiny PCs that look like they're 10 in tall and 2 in wide. o_O

probably laptop hardware in a desktop chassies something like a Atom 550 or something or a laptop I3 or I5

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Oh, I think my case will be smaller :P And mine has an mATX board

Does yours have a full size GPU and SFX PSU?

Just now, byalexandr said:

Does yours have a full size GPU and SFX PSU?

Mine has a full size GPU (750ti in potentia) and the PSU is smaller than an SFX psu. And its also battery powered

PSU

56dcc79f4cd64_IMG_20160302_150343(1).thu

6 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Mine has a full size GPU (750ti in potentia) and the PSU is smaller than an SFX psu. And its also battery powered

PSU

56dcc79f4cd64_IMG_20160302_150343(1).thu

I thought you were using a half height 750 Ti?

I thought you were using a half height 750 Ti?

Ehh, planning on going for a full size 750Ti and using bodgery to hook up the video. This way I can make the case more universal (thinking about doing a kickstarter project with @Jacktastic-Mofo if I can get working prototypes)

10 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Ehh, planning on going for a full size 750Ti and using bodgery to hook up the video. This way I can make the case more universal (thinking about doing a kickstarter project with @Jacktastic-Mofo if I can get working prototypes)

Hmm... I'm thinking of ways to make this even smaller now. Perhaps even using my NES or Atari 2600 as a case... Any thoughts everybody (since this has over 30 followers now :))?

Hmm... I'm thinking of ways to make this even smaller now. Perhaps even using my NES or Atari 2600 as a case... Any thoughts everybody (since this has over 30 followers now :))?

PCIe riser cable and a high wattage PicoPSU

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

no please dont change anything, it looks so good right now :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

no please dont change anything, it looks so good right now :)

Alright :) Though the NES is really calling me now... I'd have to downgrade to a 750 Ti though, but it would be pretty cool I think, even though it's been done before. I'll keep working on this case, I already have everything going anyways. I should have some more updates this week since I will actually have time to work on it.

@ungreedy Did a build in his NES using a half height 750t

19 minutes ago, bear-in-the-air said:

@ungreedy Did a build in his NES using a half height 750t

I remember. I was actually thinking of doing the same thing but somehow incorporating a Flex ATX PSU since I don't like the limited availability of PicoPSUs.