LS3 - The 6.2L Mini ITX Gaming Machine

This, I like. :Q__

MAIN Core V21 | i7 5820K @ 4.2 1.21v | Corsair H100i + NF-F12 | Asrock X99M Killer | Crucial Sport 4x4GB 2400 CAS16 @ 2666 CAS15 | 290X DCUII OC @ 1115/1450 1.3v | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 830 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Corsair AX650

• 2 weeks later...

What an awesome machine, something similar to this is now on my to build list.

I saw the title of this thread minus the LS3 part and I immediately went: "Isn't that the same as an LS3 engine". Then I noticed that's actually the builds name.

Anyway, I'll be following this closely, would love to see the Xeon upgrade.

2 hours ago, ThierryTheuns said:

What an awesome machine, something similar to this is now on my to build list.

I saw the title of this thread minus the LS3 part and I immediately went: "Isn't that the same as an LS3 engine". Then I noticed that's actually the builds name.

Anyway, I'll be following this closely, would love to see the Xeon upgrade.

I actually ended up upgrading the i3 to an i5 4570. I don't see the need to change right now, but if I ever have some extra money I'll definitely pick up the Xeon, more threads are always helpful.

Right now I'm working on trying to get a sponsorship with Sapphire, maybe they want to lend me a Nano. If not then that'll be the next thing I upgrade to.

dude! :o Its so close to the size of all the components just stacked in a pile and it seems like it will function really well (while looking nice and clean at the same time)  I didn't even realize how small it was until I saw the picture with the I/O panel

I can't imagine anyone making a smaller case unless it was some special form factor that nobody actually wants.

Nicely done!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

1 hour ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

dude! :o Its so close to the size of all the components just stacked in a pile and it seems like it will function really well (while looking nice and clean at the same time)  I didn't even realize how small it was until I saw the picture with the I/O panel

I can't imagine anyone making a smaller case unless it was some special form factor that nobody actually wants.

Nicely done!

Oh it functions very well :) Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2016 at 2:06 AM, byalexandr said:

Oh it functions very well :) Thanks!

Maybe we'll get ITX versions of the new 1070 cards. Let's hope it doesn't run too hot

4 hours ago, ThierryTheuns said:

Maybe we'll get ITX versions of the new 1070 cards. Let's hope it doesn't run too hot

With a less than 180W TDP I'm sure it won't. But I'm waiting for Polaris cards, I don't like Nvidia.

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

With a less than 180W TDP I'm sure it won't. But I'm waiting for Polaris cards, I don't like Nvidia.

I'm hoping that AMD can undercut Nvidia and offer 1070 performance closer to $300 like the rumors. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

5 hours ago, afyeung said:

I'm hoping that AMD can undercut Nvidia and offer 1070 performance closer to $300 like the rumors. 

I mean, with a $380-$450 ish price range on 1070s... Shouldn't be toooooo hard, right?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

• 5 months later...

Sorry to necro this thread once again. But as you may have seen the GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC from Gigabyte would fit in this machine, and has a TDP of only 150W. Perfectly meets requirements stated above. :)

22 minutes ago, ThierryTheuns said:

Sorry to necro this thread once again. But as you may have seen the GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC from Gigabyte would fit in this machine, and has a TDP of only 150W. Perfectly meets requirements stated above. :)

It's too tall xD

I've considered it, if it weren't for the height then I would've gotten one. In fact I would've gotten a 1060 if the power connector were in the front. But that also adds some height unfortunately.

24 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

It's too tall xD

I've considered it, if it weren't for the height then I would've gotten one. In fact I would've gotten a 1060 if the power connector were in the front. But that also adds some height unfortunately.

Damn, forgot to check that. What's the max height you can get? How much clearance is there for the power connector? 

Maybe a right angled adapter will make it work.

https://www.moddiy.com/products/6%2dPin-Graphics-Card-PCIe-Male-Header-Connector-%2d-90%-Angled-%2d-Black.html

P.S. I have read over this thread dozens of times, but I fail to remember what the dimensions are for the finished project.

7 hours ago, ThierryTheuns said:

Damn, forgot to check that. What's the max height you can get? How much clearance is there for the power connector? 

Maybe a right angled adapter will make it work.

https://www.moddiy.com/products/6%2dPin-Graphics-Card-PCIe-Male-Header-Connector-%2d-90%-Angled-%2d-Black.html

P.S. I have read over this thread dozens of times, but I fail to remember what the dimensions are for the finished project.

Pretty much no higher than the top of the I/O plate (where you screw the card into).

this is an amazing build followed

Spoiler

Warning: spoiler alert:

Spoiler

Get it because the function for this is a spoiler

Spoiler

Why are you not laughing?

Spoiler

What do you mean its not funny?

Spoiler

Snape kills Dumbledore, you happy, look what you made me do.