The creators of COD are geniouse

zerouplol12

just think about it they made a game each year with not such a big budget and still cod reached as one of the most bought game each YEAR so dont you think the creators are diabolical geniouses 

No. I think they're stupid, make a game, finish it, sell it.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Those games cost a fortune, it's a gamble every time. 

Not after MW2. Activision knows after that, there sure will be players buying it every year, no matter how the CoD community complains about it.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

ku-xlarge.gif

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Like Coolbeans said it's really every 2 years because of different studios completely and a cheap budget? nope. Try around 30 million per game for development. And probably even more on advertising. While it makes way more than that back 30 million for a game is no where near cheap.

I love cod, say what you want it has some very nice controls and the way the guns react. It's not perfect but it is what it was designed to be. I love the games. While Modern Warfare is still my favorite of the series I always like the new things they add. It's nice to see them try to change it up as much as they can without a turning it into something else.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

After MW2 they've got the 'formula' in which they keep reapplying the same thing over and over again... so I don't think they are "geniuses" although when CoD was first introduced it was pretty innovative (yeah, crazy I know)

Also, in the cod series they HAVE to release a new game every year, because that's how long it takes for all the kids to get the money to play and cheat in it.. 

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

In terms of making money COD's format is very effective but I don’t think that Activision are diabolical genius for realising that selling a popular game on a one year release cycle is effective for making money.

The reason why COD sells so well is that lots of people enjoy playing it and when the new one comes out they know that the game will still be cod just with some minor/major tweaks to the game and gameplay.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Every COD game after 4 has basically been an expansion pack. If the people behind Call of Duty are geniuses, then they are evil geniuses. They figured out the perfect formula for sucking out as much money as possible with the least amount of work. Hell, they haven't changed engine since Call of Duty 2.

Yeah it takes a group of geniuses to sell the same game every year to the same people, or maybe the consumers are just dumb. I'm thinking the latter.

I'm actually looking forward to Ghosts, been the first CoD I have looked forward to for awhile.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Every COD game after 4 has basically been an expansion pack. If the people behind Call of Duty are geniuses, then they are evil geniuses. They figured out the perfect formula for sucking out as much money as possible with the least amount of work. Hell, they haven't changed engine since Call of Duty 2.

This might just be a bias I have, because I am actually a fan of the COD series and  I actually think that the differences between each iteration of COD are significant enough for them to be standalone games and not just be considered re-skins or expansion packs. I also genuinely believe that mostly the COD series has been improving with every edition of the game.

I loved COD 4 but I think that if it was released now I would consider it less exciting, less enjoyable game (compared to the more recent COD’s) and a step back in the COD series.

But hey that is just my opinion and allot of people on LTT.com seem to disagree with me.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558