No new Assassins's Creed game this year

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

ac_logo_lkxy0p_c_header.jpg?c7e3ac

It’s an exciting time for Assassin’s Creed.

We’re only a few months removed from the debut of Jacob and Evie Frye, the stars of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. We’re proud of the talented team in Quebec City, and all of our studios around that world that took part in bringing the Victorian London adventures of our twin Assassins to life. We truly hope you enjoy playing Assassin’s Creed Syndicate as much as our studios enjoyed making it.

Also, we recently unveiled the first images of Academy Award nominee Michael Fassbender in action as our lead Assassin in the upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie that hits theaters on December 21, 2016. Having already visited the set, we can’t begin to describe how surreal and exciting it is to walk the real-world halls of Abstergo, or see the intricate replicas of Assassin weaponry. We have an outstanding cast and crew that want to honor the rich lore of Assassin’s Creed and bring a fresh perspective to the ongoing battle between Assassins and Templars that’s fit for the big screen.

This year, we also are stepping back and re-examining the Assassin’s Creed franchise. As a result, we’ve decided that there will not be a new Assassin’s Creed game in 2016. Since the release of Assassin’s Creed Unity, we’ve learned a lot based on your feedback. We’ve also updated our development processes and recommitted to making Assassin’s Creed a premier open-world franchise. We’re taking this year to evolve the game mechanics and to make sure we’re delivering on the promise of Assassin’s Creed offering unique and memorable gameplay experiences that make history everyone’s playground.

We’ll have more to share on all of the above soon. In the meantime, we want to say thank you to our millions of fans around the world for your continued support.

Inb4 the Ubisoft milking AC comments.... 

i know nothing i say here will stop people from the negative comments, so i won't bother. 

Source : http://blog.ubi.com/a-message-from-the-assassins-creed-team/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I think this is actually a good thing. Having been an AC fan for a long time I've been very disappointed with how buggy the last couple games have been upon release. I'm really hoping that this 'down time' will give them the ability to put out higher quality games in the future. Side note, there is that 2.5D one, China I think. Not to sure, never got in to those side scrolling ones.

A good series with great potential that has often been greatly compromised with cut & paste gameplay ad nauseum. A longer development term will surely produce excellent results, as the AC teams clearly know what they're doing, for them to be able to put out such large games so often. And Black Flag showed that the team is capable of doing more than just repeating the same game in different settings.

I read a rumour that the next AC game might take place in ancient Egypt, but rumours are rumours. That would probably be a pretty cool location to visit, via cutting edge graphics technologies of 2017.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

yeah thank god! jokes aside, they should take some more time to finish/make a new AC so it's not going to be.. well... you know what im talking about. they should make a proper AC, i loved AC 2.

Oh man, Egypt would be cool. I like how Rogue was a Templars perspective. Mix it up every once and a while :)

3 minutes ago, Mikius10001 said:

I think this is actually a good thing. Having been an AC fan for a long time I've been very disappointed with how buggy the last couple games have been upon release. I'm really hoping that this 'down time' will give them the ability to put out higher quality games in the future. Side note, there is that 2.5D one, China I think. Not to sure, never got in to those side scrolling ones.

I completely agree with you on that. Personally I haven't really liked any of the games after Black Flag. Story wise Unity was a disapointment to me, and I don't really care about the twins in Syndicate... 

| Corsair Carbide 400Q | Intel Core i5 6600K | ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB |

| EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 SLI | Noctua NH-L9i | Corsair RM650X | HyperX Fury 240 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB |

Steam: zonetrooper90 | PSN: zonetrooper90 | NNID: zonetrooper90 |

They should just stop making assassin's creed games and take their team to completely refocus on pirate games.

Honestly, the best AC game wasn't even an AC game, it was pirate simulator 2014; and it was damn fucking good.

We still need an open world game just like that with more ship variants, and co-op. That would legitimately be a fucking fun ass game. I know I would dish out 60 bucks for that shit on launch.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

My first exposure to AC was Unity (I know right) and I didn't really enjoy it, however I really like Syndicate (which is odd as Unity was definitely pasted in)

I heard they were maybe making an AC MMORPG ?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I really enjoyed 3, Black Flag blew it away, and then Rogue was a astep down for me, but still good. I agree with the Pirate Sim idea :P

Didn't they say this in 2015? I'm not kidding I'm pretty sure they said they wouldn't have any major titles in 2015 and then released one AAA game and several "minor" titles. I'm too lazy to look this up but someone can feel free to correct me.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Thank god. One year isn't enough time to make a truly great game (on such a big scale), and I know that each Assassin's Creed game has/had the potential to be one.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

According to Wiki, as I don't know off the top of my head, the only (AC) game Ubisoft released in 2015 was Syndicate.

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China was actually developed by Climax studios but published by Ubisoft.

I couldn't find anything that said they wouldn't publish in 2015, aside form them saying they would bring PS3 and Xbox One games to a close.

Good thing, for series to take a break. And hopefully they focus more on optimizing the game, visuals to also be more distinct than console, not nerfed for the sake of being to far from console -_-. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

I really hope it comes back better than ever.

Well it went to shite after Black Flag anyway. I'm surprised to see Ubisoft taking this decision though, since their mentality always has been "gib moniez, git shite gaem, fok dem bugs, haev sum dlc yo".

Ye ole' train

Thank god for that... Everything after 2 and all it's expansions felt a little bit half hearted, with the exception of 3, and consequently Black Flag which actually introduced some new and exciting game play opportunities 

They said this few months ago, but instead we're getting Watch Dogs 2 iirc?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

50 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

They said this few months ago, but instead we're getting Watch Dogs 2 iirc?

Earlier it was just a rumor by a 'developer' on 4chan. As for Watch Dogs 2, Ubisoft hasn't said much other than that it will launch before April 2017.

They're probably putting a lot of effort into Watch_Dogs 2, the first one had its faults but i think the franchise shows promise. 

EA is owning up to their shit with need for speed and now Ubisoft is actually listening to feedback on ass creed.

Hell hath frozen over-ish

2 hours ago, Kloaked said:

EA is owning up to their shit with need for speed and now Ubisoft is actually listening to feedback on ass creed.

Hell hath frozen over-ish

well, they did take a year off of NFS, but it's EA, it's not like they changed anything, it's still online only single player game. why would you make NFS online only i'll never know. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker