when you thought it was over .. the Batman™: Arkham Knight saga continues, to NIX or not - not!

zMeul

source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/405690850600936914/

D1QhmEN.png

after monumentally fucking up the windows PC port, did people actually expect WB Games to release the Linux port!?!?

well, I guess they can now ask for their money back .. all five of them xD

can't wait to see what WB Games have in store for their next Batman game

I still quite enjoyed the game, and would still happily buy it again :S

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

this was a very good game actually...lots of fun i enjoyed every minutes of it!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

probably a good thing since the pc version was broke af at launch. linux and mac would probably have been even worse

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

For some reason this comes to mind;

Do Not Pre-Order games, it always ends up in a fail. 

http://i.imgur.com/FsOLpq9.webm 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

30 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

And thus I find a flaw in the new forum, the inability to hit all of the rep buttons at the same time. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I am able to get 70-90FPS in this game maxed out 1080p but without Gameworks features (only Enhance Rain Effects enabled) with an i7 6700K and R9 290, lowest drop is 55FPS. But then my system is a bit high-end compared to majority of people in the Steam forums who either have low-end hardware or stupid to persist trying to get Gameworks features to run well.

Framerate in the top right, OBS recording software takes 10FPS away (so add 10FPS to what you are seeing here). This is the pre-patch version of the game as you can see in the video upload date.

EDIT: I disabled motion blur and anti-aliasing because they blur the image too much and does not impact performance (< 1 FPS)

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

As much as I'm not surprised they won't be pursing another port to Linux or Mac OS, I'm just as surprised to find this was apparently part of the original plan. Seriously, with all the problems the port had from the start, I forgot mention of other OSes.

1 hour ago, ApolloEleven said:

-snip-

whats the framerate like when fighting in the batmobile?

edit:

I ask because I'm running an R9 290 @1100MHz with an i5-4690k @4.5Ghz (32GBs of ram @2133MHz)

I don't want to buy the game just to install, uninstall and return lol.

my friend with an R9 280x GPU and fx-8350 started playing it a couple days ago. Working smoothly at 1080p high settings, I was quite surprised watching and felt like buying the game myself. Of course though the experience would probably have been totally different at launch.

the Linux port was originally supposed to come out months ago but the problems with the windows version put those plans into disarray. If you port something broken it's only gonna get worse. Reading through the comments by Linux gamers it seems they don't really want it anymore after seeing the backlash on windows. The publisher probably caught that drift and realized it's not worth it. They risk more negative publicity...

Ok guys, zMeul has been known to post stuff that was contradictory to his description, but this time he said the truth. Anyone who believed it would be released was, let's admit it, naive, and I know 3 people that bought the game on steam and returned it. Only 1 person hasn't returned it. If you want to post stuff just for the sake of insulting someone else, don't. The bandwagon is strong here. How about you rather focus on the topic? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

7 hours ago, TrigrH said:

I have replayed this 15 times and I still can't understand what Luke's saying. 

Can I get a transcript? 

Edit: "I'm gonna post all the articles because my name is zmeul"? 

6 hours ago, obsidian1200 said:

As much as I'm not surprised they won't be pursing another port to Linux or Mac OS, I'm just as surprised to find this was apparently part of the original plan. Seriously, with all the problems the port had from the start, I forgot mention of other OSes.

Every other Batman game has been ported to OS X in the past thanks to Feral Interactive. They have a very strong record of amazing ports, and XCOM 2 this Friday is coming to OS X and Linux thanks to Feral as well.

AK must just be too broken for them to manage a suitable port at all. :/

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

6 hours ago, Flashport said:

edit:

I ask because I'm running an R9 290 @1100MHz with an i5-4690k @4.5Ghz (32GBs of ram @2133MHz)

I don't want to buy the game just to install, uninstall and return lol.

When in pursuit mode? I get similar framerate when flying around the city as Batman as shown in my video, however I have a SSD so I get no streaming issue when driving fast or flying into different parts of the city. But in Battle mode it makes no difference since you move slower (or even stationary) in the Batmobile so no streaming issue there, even with lots of fire and smoke particles since they are just simple 2D effects. I wish I can record a Batmobile scene but uninstalled the game after I 100% it.

Are you using a HDD for this game? Because I think that is where people get stuttering issue reported all over the Steam forums, I simply did not experience such thing with a SSD.

EDIT: I did experience lots of stuttering when you enabled Gamework's Enhance Light Shafts when driving the Batmobile, turn that off. What it does is add a special effect or just increase the range/resolution of the helicopter's spotlights that *sometimes* follows the Batmobile which is such a small feature and tanks the framerate, you rarely see helicopters so its not worth turning on, seriously Gameworks is broken.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

3 hours ago, ApolloEleven said:

-snip-

yea I never use anything that has nvidia written on it while using the 290 rig. and I can't install it on my SSD. I can but I won't :P I have like 58GBs left on this 128GB drive and I don't want to fill it. maybe I'll put XCOM on it.. depending how the loading times are.

9 hours ago, Flashport said:

Does Batman punch himself whilst driving it!????

:D

2 minutes ago, JediFragger said:

Does Batman punch himself whilst driving it!????

:D

?

if its a joke it went right over my head.

19 minutes ago, Svinsparbriivu said:

* To Linux users with Nvidia cards running the proprietary driver

That's what they said about Alien Isolation too on Linux but I can max it out on my R9 290 at 1080p as long as l use the propitiatory drivers.

Although I'm sure if I check benchmarks my framerates will be horrible compared to an equivalent Nvidia GPU.

I love the game, most of the problems I had went away when view in border less window mode until the fixes came which still didn't fix issues with monitors higher than 1080p. 

6 hours ago, Valentyn said:

Every other Batman game has been ported to OS X in the past thanks to Feral Interactive. They have a very strong record of amazing ports, and XCOM 2 this Friday is coming to OS X and Linux thanks to Feral as well.

AK must just be too broken for them to manage a suitable port at all. :/

I'm pretty sure Arkham Origins never saw an OSX release, nor did Origins Blackgate.... So to say every other Batman game has been ported to OSX isn't entirely accurate.