move hot deals back to the top of the forum

Nexxus

I liked having this up near the top cause its a section never actively look but more than once ive been informed of deals based on the latest active thread. and to be honest I and im willing to bet many others dont scroll down to the bottom of the sub forum list that often.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

It would be pretty cool if you could arrange the subforums for your account, so you can have the important ones for you at the top. Regardless of how much they change the order of the subforums, someone's going to dislike it. Not sure how hard it would be to implement that, though.

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

It would be pretty cool if you could arrange the subforums for your account, so you have have the important ones for you at the top. Regardless of how much they change the order of the subforums, someone's going to dislike it. Not sure how hard it would be to implement that, though.

Yes that would be ideal, but ...at least from what ive seen on a forum backend with IP.Board 3.2.3 thats not doable.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 hour ago, Nexxus said:

Yes that would be ideal, but ...at least from what ive seen on a forum backend with IP.Board 3.2.3 thats not doable.

I don't think its common feature for any forum software. Most customization I've seen is option to select each subforum to show or not. So more than current option to minimize subsections.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It would be pretty cool if you could arrange the subforums for your account, so you can have the important ones for you at the top. Regardless of how much they change the order of the subforums, someone's going to dislike it. Not sure how hard it would be to implement that, though.

That would actually be an interesting feature, but it's sadly just infeasible :(  

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Just now, Blade of Grass said:

That would actually be an interesting feature, but it's sadly just infeasible :(  

Yeah, I'm assuming it would require a custom built forum software, now that I think about it. Would be cool, but a lot of work. 

Could be an interesting start to customisation features, like toggling which subforums show up on the recent topics feed. 

6 hours ago, Blade of Grass said:

Sad :(
Then bring back Hot deals near top and problem is solved.

And is "posts" font size is going to change? First day wind said that they are working on it, but it doesn't look like it. 
@Windspeed36

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Based on traffic analysis, hot deals will stay at the footer of the page.

4 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

extremely disappointed to hear that.

System Specs

With the new positioning of the Hot Deals forum, I've forgotten that it even existed.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

Just now, Weird Face said:

With the new positioning of the Hot Deals forum, I've forgotten that it even existed.

exactly.

System Specs

5 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Really disappointed to hear that. It was awesome to load up LTT and see an awesome deal as one of the recent topics, but not it's just forgotten at the bottom of the page ;(

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

16 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You can just follow the hot deals thread.  It will let ya know.

im not interested in having my notifications flooded with stuff that isnt relevant to me since im not in the US

System Specs

3 hours ago, Nexxus said:

im not interested in having my notifications flooded with stuff that isnt relevant to me since im not in the US

Other option is to use new Activity feature and create like custom search which will only show threads with US label etc. I admit that currently its not as nice of solution as it could be. Too many clicks to get into custom streams.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv