Fahrenheit vs Celsius

Dobbsjr

Celcius because I grew up with it, I am sure all the people who grew up with Fahrenheit will vote Fahrenheit. I feel like Celcius is a bit more linear, water freezes at 0C, with fahrenheit its a bit off, while water freezes at 32F, just seems weird to me

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I like F because I grew up with it being from America, it seems more precise than saying "20.5 c" or something. 

But I like using C as well, because it's easy to relate to PC hardware.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Centigrade*  because it's easier for a sensible person to relate to (yes, taking a shot at 'Murica) 

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I like F because I grew up with it being from America, it seems more precise than saying "20.5 c" or something. 

But I like using C as well, because it's easy to relate to PC hardware.

ADAPT AMERICA! ._.

Countries not using MS

18r5grviquu3xpng.png

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

ADAPT AMERICA! ._.

Countries not using MS

q

Who gives a shit who doesn't use it?  That comment literally doesn't bring anything to the thread whatsoever.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Better in what way? Farenheit is more precise whilst Kelvin is  more logical.  With Celsius bieng more logical than Farenheit and more 'relevant' than Kelvin

You could be like the local redtop newspapers here, and if its high have it in Farenheit (phew it's hot, it's in the 80s today) if it's low have it in Celsius ( brrrr it's cold -4)

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

If you look closely, there are 2 more countries that won't adapt.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Why_does_the_US_use_Fahrenheit_instead_of_the_celsius_scale

Also, why should we adapt when we fought the Brits to free from European ideology?  In fact, why do you need a much more complicated system?

Cause it's a lot easier tot understand and logical.

Celsius for general use. Kelvin for science!

0 C = Freezing point for water.

100 C = Boiling point for water.

Also, why should we adapt when we fought the Brits to be free from European ideology?  In fact, why do you need a much more complicated system?

I wouldn't say that it is more complicated. It's different, that's what it is. People brought up with either one will just know it better.

Also, why should we adapt when we fought the Brits to free from European ideology?

Who's this we ?  You never fought anybody, and in the war of Independance, what was to become the USof A were given a big help by the French (is Lafayette still well regarded over there?), they were pretty anti the UK at the time, so would probably have helped the Syrians if we were fighting them at the time.

"This too shall pass"

If you look closely, there are 2 more countries that won't adapt.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Why_does_the_US_use_Fahrenheit_instead_of_the_celsius_scale

Also, why should we adapt when we fought the Brits to be free from European ideology? In fact, why do you need a much more complicated system?

I don't see how Celsius is more complicated and I wouldn't classify which system of measurement units you use as an ideology. And if you fought the brits to be free from European "ideology" going with metric in the first place would have been smarter as the British still used imperial units back then.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

@soup 

I edited the post. I meant for everyday use. 

I have used both celsius and fahrenheit, so I'm not more used to one of them than the other(if that makes sense). I like Fahrenheit better for everyday use because you don't have to pay attention to the single digits. For example, 

• Thirty degrees F = multiple layers + coat
  • Ninety degrees F = t shirt weather

Celsius wastes 70% of the digits in everyday use.

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

Not in the US.  It would be like me telling you to adapt to our system.  It's not easier for us, and ours' isn't easy for you.   Maybe you should look up the Revolutionary War.  Our culture will not willingly do it.

You're the first fellow american I've met who things it's hard to learn metric, do you even get how it works? Anyone with a normal brain can learn it in a day, yet in 15 years of living in america I still don't know have the US measurements 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

In fact, why do you need a much more complicated system?

More complicated, in what way is it more complicated?

Count your fingers, base 10 seems to be the way to go.

You can't even use the more factors argument as depending on what you are measuring the next level up may be a totally different amount (I.E. 16 ounces in a pound 14 pounds in a stone, 8 stones in a hudredweight 20 hundredweight in a ton )

"This too shall pass"

Celsius for general use. Kelvin for science!

0 C = Freezing point for water.

100 C = Boiling point for water.

0°F = Temperature of an unspecified mixture of ice and salt

100°F= Human body temperature

Mh conclusion it isn't even possible to calibrate a thermometer to the Fahrenheit scale. 

Oh, I do know how, and I've programmed countless java calcs for it to even VB.  I just don't think our culture thinks it is easy.

Ah, valid point. I agree with in that sense, it would cost so much and the hardcore americans would throw a fit tbh

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Mh conclusion it isn't even possible to calibrate a thermometer to the Fahrenheit scale. 

Yeah, the base for Fahrenheit is a bit silly.

I agree about the can't calibrate bit , but as I understood it 0°F was measured in Brine, a saturated solution of salt in water so 'easily' recreatable.

"This too shall pass"

As an American I prefer farenhieght for measuring the weather.  Its just because I'm used to it.  

I'm also an engineer. So I'm absolutly comfortable using the metric system.  I would support 100% a conversion to the metric system.  It is a superior weights and measure system in every objective way. 

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

°C, I grew up using that, it's more logical, it's used by basically the whole world except for the US so it's kind of THE standard.

100F sounds bigger than 37.7778C. Celsius does make more sense though with 0 being the freezeing point of fresh water and 100 being the boiling point. I think their should be a system where 0 is the freezing point of water but 100 is normal body  temperature(98.6F,  37C). This would make the scale more relateable to weather( winter) an for humans. 

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

Celcius simply because it's used by a majority of the world. 

There's pros and cons to both, but the real winning factors is Celsius is used in more countries, and it's also simpler to understand (0 = freezing point of water, 100 = boiling point).

I feel like Celsius is just an awkward middle ground between Kelvin and Fahrenheit.

Fahrenheit is far more useful for the average person (65-80 is 15 units in the comfortable' zone, versus 18-26C which is only 8 units. Yes that one degree is helpful. No decimals are not as nice to work with for *most* people (some systems don't have decimal places)).

Kelvin is more scientifically useful and not based off of the arbitrary selection of water's freezing and boiling temperature ;)

Also since I'm American, F is for freedom and C is for communism. I prefer Freedom.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.