Has anyone ever considered the fact that ITX computer cases with windows could look like bombs?

I mean, not everyone knows what the inside of a computer looks like, and does anyone know a scenario where someone thought a computer case was a bomb?

That yellow Corsair case (carbide something I think) could look like one.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

That yellow Corsair case (carbide something I think) could look like one.

The 380T, I thought about that too.

The 380T, I thought about that too.

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

LOL I was going to post that. I was just waiting for the right time.

I could only see this happening with either the TSA or some sensitive brainwashed idiot.

Dont be too suprised. My mum brought this on a plane and they had to check if it was a bomb.

post-257930-0-24084000-1454118241.jpg

I mean, not everyone knows what the inside of a computer looks like, and does anyone know a scenario where someone thought a computer case was a bomb?

It was with a clock.

http://abc13.com/news/muslim-boy-14-arrested-for-making-clock-mistaken-for-bomb/987107/

Everybody went ape shit over it and the thing is the teacher that found it did exactly what she was suppose to do. The fact it was made by a Muslim kid she got shit for it, if it had been a white kid he would have been taken out of school and possibly arrested, and POTUS wouldn't have said what he did.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

it would be to small for a bomb unless it detonates a 1/10th of a C4 stick doing very little. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

maybe if it had a temp sensor or timer on it, but if a suitcase is a bomb then anything can be a bomb...

it would be to small for a bomb unless it detonates a 1/10th of a C4 stick doing very little. 

no its nuclear.

no its nuclear.

then it would need to be bigger. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Honestly it would do quite a bit of damage, I could make a very potent one that size. But that is not the point and I would not do it anyhow.

I am guessing you have no or very little experience with explosives.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Honestly it would do quite a bit of damage, I could make a very potent one that size. But that is not the point and I would not do it anyhow.

I am guessing you have no or very little experience with explosives.

in a pencil case?

and from the future, and Its a hydrogen bomb, because they are slightly smaller.

what is wrong with you people

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

C4 i'snt easily ignited they tested that in mythbusters takes a lot of pressure more than can fit in a watch.

in a pencil case?

It was not a small pencil case. I know pictures where not released publicly but from what I saw the box used could have held more than a few sticks of c4.

Even a small pencil case could still make a dent with c4, It is potent stuff if done right. Seen a grenade lately?

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The TSA doesn't really do much in terms of security, they mostly just steal your shampoo and grope you so they can appear to make things safer.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

C4 i'snt easily ignited they tested that in mythbusters takes a lot of pressure more than can fit in a watch.

Can be done with a firecracker.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Remember the G1 motherboards.. well guess what I took it on a carryon (heathrow too) and no one gave a shit so I doubt it.

Unless you go to new zealand..

gigabyte-g1assassin-2.jpg

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

If the wires were messy enough and the case was quite blank, it could be mistaken for a bomb.