Microsoft's executive Joe Belfiore caught with an Iphone.

Ridska

This is a quote from the site BGR :

At this point, it seems as if the iPhone has caught more ‘cheaters’ than Joey Greco. Its most recent victim? Why none other than Microsoft executive Joe Belfiore. Currently the company’s Corporate VP of Operating Systems, Belfiore is primarily known for heading up the company’s Windows Phone division.

Currently on a 9-month sabbatical, Belfiore was recently traveling through Kyoto, Japan and published a tweet that, upon further inspection, was sent from an iPhone.

This is a quote from the site The verge :

Joe Belfiore, the face of Microsoft's Windows Phone, has today posted a photo from his holiday in Japan and, shockingly, it's come from an iPhone. There's an even split in the responses to Belfiore's tweet between those impressed by his new blond look and the people raising an eyebrow at his smartphone choice. But, honestly, the truth is that it would be weird if Belfiore wasn't using an iPhone.

Quote's from Joe Belfiore's comment from the website The verge :

On a 9-month leave-of-absence, I have a HUGE AND UNUSUAL opportunity to get to know these products deeply. To understand the benefits and drawbacks of a full ecosystem like Windows, Android, iOS — you have to LIVE IN IT. You have to feel its strengths and weaknesses, be let down, be delighted. And you can’t do that just “playing around” with a device for a couple of days. You have to learn the UI, upload your photos, use cross-device apps and tools… all of it.

So … I think Vlad has it right when he says “it’s OK”. (Thank you, Vlad.) But, I’d go farther and say “it’d be CRAZY not to”! In fact, when I posted on FB that I was taking a leave, I did mention explicitly that I would do this… and (horror of horrors) I’ve followed through, spending a bunch of time using Google Maps, Spotify, Periscope, a MacBook, a Nexus phone, etc

The photo :

belifore-tweet-iphone.jpg?w=624

Comment : I dont know why people are losing there shit just because microsoft's windows phone VP was using an iphone.

Source's 

BGR : http://bgr.com/2016/01/26/windows-phone-chief-joe-belfiore-caught-tweeting-from-iphone/

BGR artical was published in Jan 26, 2016.

The verge : http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/26/10832284/joe-belfiore-iphone-user#356362075

The verge artical was published in Jan 26, 2016

Thanks and stay groovie guys.

(⌐■_■) 

at least its better than a windows phone

You are wrong. It is not better than Windows Phone. Because the people who use iPhones are assholes.

@Ridska What a fucking shame. If even MS VPs and Employees aren't using WP how do they expect it to be way more successful than it already is?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!

Christ, who cares.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Is anyone actually making a big deal out of this or is this like the Starbucks Christmas cup thing where everyone was outraged at the 2 people who actually cared about the cups.

I agree with you. I posted this just to show it to the forum and how over reacting people have been over this.

(⌐■_■) 

@Ridska What a fucking shame. If even MS VPs and Employees aren't using WP how do they expect it to be way more successful than it already is?

Agreed. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

(⌐■_■) 

Think of it this way I bet everyone would lose their shit if an AMD Exec had an nVidia GPU!

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

I don't understand what all the drama is about. The "Chefs" who are selling "great" "knifes" on TV surely aren't using that garbage at home. Just because you sell something doesn't mean that it is the best thing in the world or that you have to use it. I own a Windows Phone for one purpose: As a travel phone. It's got dual sim and offline navigation and it's doing a good job at both of those things. That's basically its only upsides. If your job is to lead a  company, then you don't want to be stuck with a crap phone that hasn't got any apps

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

You are wrong. It is not better than Windows Phone. Because the people who use iPhones are assholes.

Please explain why I'm an asshole.

Is anyone actually making a big deal out of this or is this like the Starbucks Christmas cup thing where everyone was outraged at the 2 people who actually cared about the cups.

Exactly

I am not an asshole :(, I hope...
Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

[ignorant] iPhone users do piss me off too.

I had my old phone (Huawei Assend Y201Pro) which was a low budget phone from 2012 and the guy was calling it a "Samsung" and saying can it do this, I replied it is a $40 phone released in 2012, it cannot do much. He replies "Thats why iPhones are better than Samsungs" I gives examples of flagship phones that can do said feature, he replied "Nah, Nah" then said something else about how his phone is better.

Just because you work for a company does not mean you have to use their kit

SNIP

Its not iPhone users that are the problem, the real problem is that people are dicks

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why the hell was this even posted on BGR?

Who cares if people don't use their own stuff. It literally doesn't matter.

Guess who didn't use a device that belonged to a another company...

Steve Jobs, he used a BlackBerry.

Why the hell was this even posted on BGR?

Dont ask me , I just presented this not supplied it.

(⌐■_■) 

Exactly

I am not an asshole :(, I hope...

ISK but generally people around me who own iPhones are assholes.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

What's the big deal here? People still have the freedom to choose what gadgets they want to use, what brand of detergent they use to wash clothes, the brand of toilet paper, etc.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

I had my old phone (Huawei Assend Y201Pro) which was a low budget phone from 2012 and the guy was calling it a "Samsung" and saying can it do this, I replied it is a $40 phone released in 2012, it cannot do much. He replies "Thats why iPhones are better than Samsungs" I gives examples of flagship phones that can do said feature, he replied "Nah, Nah" then said something else about how his phone is better.

Same except Android and iPhone users are sometimes ignorant assholes. I have a $200 Windows PHone and they expect it to run like a $600 Android Phone. And also iPhone users giving me crap for not having snapchat and not having any games they are playing.

What's the big deal here? People still have the freedom to choose what gadgets they want to use, what brand of detergent they use to wash clothes, the brand of toilet paper, etc.

An Microsoft executive isn't using their own products and people are losing their shit.

giving me crap for not having snapchat and not having any games they are playing.

that is kinda true though :P

If it smells like shit everywhere you go, it might be time to check under your own shoes.

#wrecked

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If it smells like shit everywhere you go, it might be time to check under your own shoes.

Ay ay , lets keep it civil bud.

#rekt

(⌐■_■) 

Ignorant anything pisses me off.

Have an Nvidia GPU over an AMD one? great, I hope that you made your choice over solid facts and stats. not "because i don't want to burn my house down, lolololol, lololololol," otherwise I will slash your argument into ribbons.

Own an iPhone over an Android device. Great, but you better have actually tried an android phone before you start talking, otherwise I will rip your argument apart.

Own a Samsung over an iPhone. Great, but you better not have your reasons be "iSheep, lolololololololol, lololololol." otherwise i will tear your argument to shreds.

- snip-