Should I get a Mac Mini?

AlanAlan

Ok never mind I don't want to overclock it.

What's a good build for $350 or less? That will be very powerful and small form factor?

While maybe not exactly extremly powerful, as far as I read, you want Office, Webbrowsing and Videostreaming while a quite cheap yet powerful computer in a small form factor. Did I get this right?

Take a look at Asus' Vivo PC series. They have different options and imo it fits well on a table while being quiet.

If you intend to play games, Vivo PCs are not something for you.

I think Acer had something like this too.
With a little bit of tinkering you should even get somehow Mac OS on it as Macs often use Intel technology and even dedicated GPUs you can find in Windows PCs.

EDIT: I read you want to play games too.
Maybe you could even think about a barebone and upgrade it from time to time. But it always depends on your needs and budget.

What should I get guys? What are the options ? I am so confused right now.

Make a list with the info you got so far.
Thats how the LTT forum helped me to choose my new Define R5 case and a new CPU cooler. I was confused and after I checked all the info in a list I broke it all down to two points. This means you have to make some research outside the forum, like reviews from more than one source, YouTube videos and price comparasions.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

This is a good little portable machine for some games

Or this if that's too expensive, although it comes without storage or memory

Thank God, someone brought sense to this question

No no no no no no no no no no no noooo nope. No no.

Don't get a Mac even if you want to play Minecraft.

If you're remotely even thinking about 3D games, get a Windows PC (you can get a WAY better spec one than the Mac Mini for the same price) or maybe hackintosh.

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

Mac Minis are crud, please don't get one, my cousin has one with 16 GB of RAM and an SSD and it can hardly handle Minecraft.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

Mac Minis are crud, please don't get one, my cousin has one with 16 GB of RAM and an SSD and it can hardly handle Minecraft.

You do know that RAM and SSDs dont affect game performance right? Game performance is affected by the GPU and the Mac Mini has Intel HD 5000 integrated graphics, that is why it would struggle in games other than maybe League of Legends or some other f2p games. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Please don't use Mac Mini, you can build a PC equivalent for much less money.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

So you guys think I should go with a computer build?

Yes, if you are choosing 6 gen intel processor you'll need to install window 10

$450 down the drain imo. You can build your own PC that is so much better for the same price. If you need any help with choosing parts, I, or anyone on this forum will be more than happy to help you.

Can you build me a computer for $450 or less?

Can you build me a computer for $450 or less?

Including monitor, os, keyboard and mouse, etc?

Including monitor, os, keyboard and mouse, etc?

No peripherals needed or os

Just the parts for the computer

No peripherals needed or os

Just the parts for the computer

Ok sounds good.

nah. if you are doing any kind of gaming, it will be sub par to what a diy rig can do with the same amount of money. I'd say the same on streaming, and in general, Windows OS is more prominent, its more practical to spend your time on an OS you'll be using pretty much everywhere else rather than potentially switching any sort of often.

Thank You

Here's what I got. Sorry if it's a little late.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HsT4rH

nah. if you are doing any kind of gaming, it will be sub par to what a diy rig can do with the same amount of money. I'd say the same on streaming, and in general, Windows OS is more prominent, its more practical to spend your time on an OS you'll be using pretty much everywhere else rather than potentially switching any sort of often.

Here's the link to the GPU I meant to put in pcpartpicker but couldn't find it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131673